We have NEVER had a non-winning record at the Bob.

Norm Peterson

The worst home record we've ever had at the Bob was 9-8 last year, a .529 winning percentage.

Right now, we have 8 home wins and 5 home losses.  Our remaining home games are against Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Iowa and Minnesota.

If we fail to win another home game, the Bob will see its only losing record ever.

If we win only one more game, it'll be the one and only time in the history of the Bob Devaney Sports Center that the Nebraska men's basketball team has NOT broken .500 at home on the season.

We have to win two more games in order to ensure that the Bob never sees a non-winning record at home.

We HAVE to pick up a home win against PSU.  That's a must win.  The next best shot, honestly, is against Iowa.  But I sure would like to see the old guy go out a winner and pick up a home victory against Minnesota.

But, as things stand right now, this team has some work to do in order to prevent making some bad history.

Good observation, Norm.  1972-73 was the last time we had a losing season (4-5) in Lincoln.  That was a very young team (Fort was a freshman).  Interesting that Cip (the late Cip, not our Cip) would have chosen to play Kentucky, No Carolina, etc on the road with such inexperience.  They had only two non-conference home games that year against No Texas St and TCU.

Was anyone else floored yesterday during the NW broadcast when the announcers were discussing our NCAA drought, & they asked if anyone was still around who remembered Danny Nee or knew who he was? I don't have to dust off some old black and white photos to recall those days with some detail. These people need to flip through a media guide or go Tweet themselves.

Was anyone else floored yesterday during the NW broadcast when the announcers were discussing our NCAA drought, & they asked if anyone was still around who remembered Danny Nee or knew who he was? I don't have to dust off some old black and white photos to recall those days with some detail. These people need to flip through a media guide or go Tweet themselves.

Yup...hard to believe.  Was that Doris Burke - regardless - she indicated that she remembered 4 or 5000 fans who showed up to watch her play play a softball game but couldn't remember who Danny Nee was???  Really?

I thought it was kind of strange that they mentioned that too.  But, in all fairness, on a national level Nebraska hasn't really ever been all that relevant in basketball, even during the Nee years.

But consider this...Ole Miss is making a strong run towards an NCAA tourney bid this year, which would end a drought for them that dates back to 2002.  Quick, without looking it up, who was the Ole Miss coach back then?  Heck, who is their coach now, for that matter?

From our own myopic viewpoint, it seems bizarre to think that Danny Nee is so easily forgotten.  But really, he wasn't ever all that well known in the first place to joe basketball fan outside old Big 8 territory.

Yup...hard to believe.  Was that Doris Burke - regardless - she indicated that she remembered 4 or 5000 fans who showed up to watch her play play a softball game but couldn't remember who Danny Nee was???  Really?

Wasn't Burke.  I'm pretty sure her visit to Lincoln was post Nee anyway, so wouldn't expect her to know who he was.

Okay as the last game ever played at the Bob:

"I WILL LEAVE AT THE UNDER 4MIN TIMEOUT." :blink:

Never done it all my years of going, since it opened, but I want to see what I have been missing all these years. 

I mean it has to be something unbelievable to have so many do it each game. :huh:

If it is something good like free food or a beer than it will become my new tradition at the new place. ;)

I thought it was kind of strange that they mentioned that too.  But, in all fairness, on a national level Nebraska hasn't really ever been all that relevant in basketball, even during the Nee years.

But consider this...Ole Miss is making a strong run towards an NCAA tourney bid this year, which would end a drought for them that dates back to 2002.  Quick, without looking it up, who was the Ole Miss coach back then?  Heck, who is their coach now, for that matter?

From our own myopic viewpoint, it seems bizarre to think that Danny Nee is so easily forgotten.  But really, he wasn't ever all that well known in the first place to joe basketball fan outside old Big 8 territory.

That is all very true and valid young 49er. What irks me is this, if you've invested  a Saturday afternoon watching a meaningless Nebraska/Northwestern game, the chances you've heard of Danny Nee are very high.

That is all very true and valid young 49er. What irks me is this, if you've invested  a Saturday afternoon watching a meaningless Nebraska/Northwestern game, the chances you've heard of Danny Nee are very high.

Andy Kennedy is their coach now.  I didn't have to look that up.  Rod Barnes was the coach in 2002, and I had to look that up.

According to Robin Washut over on Rivals:

"Nebraska picked up its ninth home win of the season, the 37th consecutive

season finishing at or above .500 in the Devaney Center."  

So . . . the string of no-less-than-.500 record at the Bob is (and forever will remain) unbroken.

Unless the Vollyeball team ruins it :huh:  ;)