Trap Games

Bugeaters1

4 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It was ugly, hopefully we got the bad game out of the way. after the Maryland game we should win the rest. But one never knows I guess.

did you mean Maryland "games"? Huskers have to go to Maryland. the home game will be difficult enough. i just don't see them winning @ Maryland. Then, add to that, last game of the season, "Senior Day" for Maryland. Sunday will be interesting--------not so sure at Maryland.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

did you mean Maryland "games"? Huskers have to go to Maryland. the home game will be difficult enough. i just don't see them winning @ Maryland. Then, add to that, last game of the season, "Senior Day" for Maryland. Sunday will be interesting--------not so sure at Maryland.

I forgot that the Huskers have to play Maryland twice.

This turn around has been so sudden, I'm cautious with my expectations for the rest of the season.  What does prop up my optimism, is the shared minutes over 

the last 23 games.  I don't see any players hitting the proverbial "wall".  Also, you might have a player or two have a bad game, but unlikely 10 or 12.  Should be a fun ride.

Edited by 12dozen

Riding the success train right now which is very very awesome.  However, I’ll be more interested to see their resolve if they lose a game.  That should tell us a lot more about the rest of the season.  Do they get back up and secure more wins like the men’s team this year?  Or do we fold like the year the men danced and lost back to back in the Big 10 Tournament and the Dance?

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Riding the success train right now which is very very awesome.  However, I’ll be more interested to see their resolve if they lose a game.  That should tell us a lot more about the rest of the season.  Do they get back up and secure more wins like the men’s team this year?  Or do we fold like the year the men danced and lost back to back in the Big 10 Tournament and the Dance?

Well if they didn't fold after that crazy loss to Michigan I don't see that happening now.  Solid defense keeps us in the game even when we aren't shooting well.  Every game in the big ten is tough, just look at what has happened to some of the other teams.  You can't take anything for granted.  Another good thing is we have suffered no blow outs this year.  Most of the other conference teams can't say that.

The Michigan game was the game that propelled the win streak.  That was a point where we grow up, or sink so to speak. How does the team react after kind of getting "refed" out of the win.

What did we do after the controversial loss??   We used it as positive leaping point to move forward. Not whine about it...that's Coach's philosophy. Be positive...and aggressive at the same time. 

Maryland will be tough games, the one at home, as stated above, will be our best chance. Our defense will have it's hands full even though we're at the top of B1G defensive stats. We must get back to near the 50% range for shooting to be competitive with them. (and every other game we play from here on out.) And play super tough defense.

Yesterdays game...we weren't quite well focused. Close but a bit off.  Illinois came in as the last place team in B1G..so no matter what Coach said...the players still know the opponent and their record. We kind went through the motions a little, but still were competitive....enough of the fine edge needed to win.

We're very much in line for the 20 win plateau. Need to be even more focused than ever, and more than ready every time out, for the rest of the season. Kind of a turning point and challenge for the team. 

Gotta believe this team is capable of doing it.  

Edited by redsteve

19 minutes ago, Red Don said:

These  GRIT; NO QUIT HUSKER LADIES!  Fold?  Never Happen!  

They may not Win; But they Won't Fold!

I would like to see us really  "PACK THE VAULT" for this One!

I read today that 6,000 tickets have been sold. Depends on the weather on wether that many plus show up. Where I live the forecast is for maybe 2" WITH 15 MPH winds. I haven't seen what Lincoln is saying for snow.

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

Go to the Game; Get Snowed-In; and Stay in Lincoln for the All-Night Victory Party! :Hooray:

Cots for rent @ PBA???   :Lol:

Will Tom Eades be in town?  I've heard he has an RV parked out back at PBA so he's readily available to screw the men's team over.  If he's not, he could rent it out for some lucky fans.