Starting To Get Anxiety...

hhcdave

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

Let me throw out a short list of who we should open up the check book for:

-Gregg Marshall (at least make him say no)

-Tyronn Lue (he'd jump at the chance to come back to coach his alma mater)

-Fred Hoiberg (finally the chance to come home, just like ScoFro)

-Thad Matta (tanned, rested and ready!)

-Tom Crean (he really wasn't all that bad at Indiana!)

Does that just about cover it?

You forgot

- Being hit by a bus

- Dana Altman

2 hours ago, PimpMario said:

We just need to secure the 4 seed and then win 3 in a row in New York

I actually feel more confident in winning the B1G tournament then finishing 6-0

• Penn State can beat anyone at any time if Carr is Hot
  • Illinois is finding a comfort zone
  • Maryland needs the win against us as much as we need it against them
  • Indiana is way better than what their record indicates, they are starting to adapt to their new coach
  • Minnesota is one I'm actually not worried as much about because they are in a bad place at the moment
  • Rutgers is capable of beating anyone... look at their games against Seton Hall and Michigan State

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

Finish 5-1 and grab atleast one quality win in the BTT and we're golden.

I dont see winning at Minny being a challenge. And we should be able to empty the bench at home v. Rutgers.

I feel like this team has turned the corner.

We were starting to feel it, but an 8 day stretch with no games can mess with a teams flow

16 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Top 4 finish makes us a lock. No ifs &s or buts...

Based on Michigan's schedule, we could go 4-2 to finish the year and still finish with the #4 seed.  Based on the unbalanced league schedule, our lack of quality non-conference wins, and only 1 high quality in conference win, I'd bet a lot of fake money we are far on the outside looking in under this scenario - thinking 10-20 teams would be ahead of us at this point .  Now, if we rattle off a win against Michigan and Purdue in the BIG tournament, that's a different story.  But, to assume we are in solely on getting the #4 slot in the Big Standings is fools gold.  If you look at the committee data sheets, conference record or rank is not shown anywhere because it doesn't matter.

58 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Based on Michigan's schedule, we could go 4-2 to finish the year and still finish with the #4 seed.  Based on the unbalanced league schedule, our lack of quality non-conference wins, and only 1 high quality in conference win, I'd bet a lot of fake money we are far on the outside looking in under this scenario - thinking 10-20 teams would be ahead of us at this point .  Now, if we rattle off a win against Michigan and Purdue in the BIG tournament, that's a different story.  But, to assume we are in solely on getting the #4 slot in the Big Standings is fools gold.  If you look at the committee data sheets, conference record or rank is not shown anywhere because it doesn't matter.

Hey Long Beach St. looks like they could win their conference :)

5 Things that are working against us

1. We are Nebraska and our name doesn't pack to much of a punch

2. The Big 10 is down this year, and at this point all of our wins are against the bottom 6 teams and one against Michigan

3. Minnesota decided to join the Sexual Harassment team and screw their season up.  We would not be talking about Michigan as our only quality win.  We have to hope and pray that the committee looks at that game and who was playing in it

4. St. Johns lost Lovett and not suck

5. UCF lost Tacko Fall and now suck

That is called bad luck, but we are good enough to win against everybody we face. Do we have enough luck on our side to do it is the question?

1 hour ago, big red22 said:

I actually feel more confident in winning the B1G tournament then finishing 6-0

• Penn State can beat anyone at any time if Carr is Hot
  • Illinois is finding a comfort zone
  • Maryland needs the win against us as much as we need it against them
  • Indiana is way better than what their record indicates, they are starting to adapt to their new coach
  • Minnesota is one I'm actually not worried as much about because they are in a bad place at the moment
  • Rutgers is capable of beating anyone... look at their games against Seton Hall and Michigan State

I'm not downplaying the difficulty of finishing 6-0. While I consider us the favorite in each game, it's hard not to slip up at least once. But I'd still consider finishing 6-0 to be easier than winning the Big Ten tourney. That would require beating Michigan, Purdue, and MSU/OSU. Winning those three in consecutive days is a much bigger challenge than winning four home games and two road games against inferior opponents.

12 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I don't understand why no one has yet mentioned Izzo as our new coach since he is obviously gone at Michigan State and we will obviously not be considered for any postseason play regardless of how many games we win.

Yes, we need to open up the check book and at least make him say no, amirite?

20 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I don't understand why no one has yet mentioned Izzo as our new coach since he is obviously gone at Michigan State and we will obviously not be considered for any postseason play regardless of how many games we win.

Krzyzewski needs a challenge.  Sure, multiple national championships, all time wins leader and all that, but can he seriously be considered a great coach unless he wins a tournament game with the last power five team to do so?

38 minutes ago, jayschool said:

If we don't make it at 14-4, 23-9, then we crush the NIT, bring everybody back and add Mike Daum, schedule the shit out of everybody and take it all next year.

Who's with me?!?!?!!!!

Schedule all power 5 schools then trickle in Gardner Webb/Incarnate Word/Samford for payback.  But avoid them over the holiday break. 

3 hours ago, 49r said:

Let me throw out a short list of who we should open up the check book for:

-Gregg Marshall (at least make him say no)

-Tyronn Lue (he'd jump at the chance to come back to coach his alma mater)

-Fred Hoiberg (finally the chance to come home, just like ScoFro)

-Thad Matta (tanned, rested and ready!)

-Tom Crean (he really wasn't all that bad at Indiana!)

Does that just about cover it?

Rick pitino is available, he may do it for a $20 and some blow. Fwiw 

4 hours ago, khoock said:

Finish 5-1 and grab atleast one quality win in the BTT and we're golden.

I dont see winning at Minny being a challenge. And we should be able to empty the bench at home v. Rutgers.

I feel like this team has turned the corner.

I think it's going to take a Big Ten tourney win to solidify it.

In 2004 Utah State was ranked and went 25-3. In 2013 Iowa was 21-12. In 2014 SMU was ranked and went 27-10. All three teams didn't make the big dance. Let's just keep winning and not even make it a question for the selection committee.