Eeyore says...

Silverbacked1

Since we are all basking in the glow that is currently #Nebraskaball and we have a looooong time until Tuesday I think it is time for an Eeyore type of page.

I have been thinking about some of the weird/bad things that could happen in the next month and want to see what others are thinking.

1)  What is the over under on JPJ coming back next year?

2) Same for Copeland.

3) Does anybody else leave?

4) How many do we need to sign this year to cover all this?

5) Is Tim coming back next year?  Or does he leave if things are good for him to get a good job?

6) If we don't make the DANCE do you go to the NIT home games?  Are you okay with the NIT?

7) Will any of the coaches be going on to greener pastures?

8) Who would you like to be our new coach?

9) Can we keep this going next year if everybody comes back, who can come back?

10) boxers or briefs?

27 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Since we are all basking in the glow that is currently #Nebraskaball and we have a looooong time until Tuesday I think it is time for an Eeyore type of page.

I have been thinking about some of the weird/bad things that could happen in the next month and want to see what others are thinking.

1)  What is the over under on JPJ coming back next year? 50%

2) Same for Copeland. 50%

3) Does anybody else leave? Maybe.

4) How many do we need to sign this year to cover all this? Between 1 and 5.

5) Is Tim coming back next year?  Or does he leave if things are good for him to get a good job? He is not coming back if he decides its time for him to not come back. But if its time for him to not not come back, he is staying.

6) If we don't make the DANCE do you go to the NIT home games?  Are you okay with the NIT? Signs are pointing to its possible.

7) Will any of the coaches be going on to greener pastures? Coach Lewis has a vacation to Ireland planned for April.

8) Who would you like to be our new coach? Silverbacked1.

9) Can we keep this going next year if everybody comes back, who can come back? The party will continue if the keg aint dry.

10) boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs

Well I cleared that up....you're welcome fellas.

8 hours ago, PimpMario said:
9 hours ago, colhusker said:
Outside of having to play the school in Omaha, why would we play a home game in Omaha?

I can dream that Creighton falls to the NIT.

Well if they don't, I don't see any reason for Nebraska to give up a home game and go to Omaha.

12 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

2) Same for Copeland.

5) Is Tim coming back next year?  Or does he leave if things are good for him to get a good job?

6) If we don't make the DANCE do you go to the NIT home games?  Are you okay with the NIT?

10) boxers or briefs?

Obviously I would hate to see James leave. But honestly, I think he would benefit from another year to work on his mid-range and outside shooting skills. Against college competition, James is able to get to the rim with relative ease. That won't be the case in the NBA. He will need to have the ability to knock down shots in order to utilize his skills attacking the basket. Another year to improve that part of his game may be helpful. That said, if his draft prospects look good, you can't blame the guy for taking the paycheck. 

7 minutes ago, Coaches kid said:

Obviously I would hate to see James leave. But honestly, I think he would benefit from another year to work on his mid-range and outside shooting skills. Against college competition, James is able to get to the rim with relative ease. That won't be the case in the NBA. He will need to have the ability to knock down shots in order to utilize his skills attacking the basket. Another year to improve that part of his game may be helpful. That said, if his draft prospects look good, you can't blame the guy for taking the paycheck. 

I get the hype on Palmer as an eventual NBA player but at this point I feel like I'm looking at an 'invited to NBA summer league and now is playing in Europe' level player.  

14 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

2) Same for Copeland.

10) boxers or briefs?

Silver, I'm curious if there's anything that prompted you to ask these questions.  I haven't seen/heard any rumors about JPJ or Copeland pulling an Andrew White on us and transferring.  The team seems to have good chemistry and I guess I would be SHOCKED if either guy decided to transfer.  And I'm of the same opinion as Coach's Kid and Dimes that, really, neither of them are quite ready to get drafted.  Seems to me both have some work to do, and, so, as far as I'm concerned, they both should be back.  As far as the coaches, I think everyone but Molinari and Miles are always looking for promotions.  The season we're having kind of helps them burnish their resumes, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more get bumped up a pay grade or two with a career move in the off-season.  That would be an expected by-product of having success this season.

So, was your OP a more or less random set of questions or was there something more behind it that prompted you to ask?

Interestingly, the only talk I hear of Isaac or James leaving is on this site.  I do not go out and visit many/any other sites, but I have not heard coaching buzz or pro scout buzz or anything of the like.  When TP was in his final year, there was most certainly a buzz, plus we had scouts attending games.  In short, other than the seniors, I currently do not see any of our players leaving (with one unnamed possible exception).

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

I get the hype on Palmer as an eventual NBA player but at this point I feel like I'm looking at an 'invited to NBA summer league and now is playing in Europe' level player.  

Palmer is a really good husker, the kinda player we get like twice a decade but there’s a reason he left Miami guys. He’s got some holes in his game that would be greatly exposed in the NBA. If anyone follows NBA mock drafts Ull see see that there is no mention of JPJ or Copeland that I’ve seen in any of them. If it’s a decision based purely on NBA or back for senior year I think they are both back w a realistic chance of winning the BIG. Now personal matters could change that.

hope we are able to retain Kenya hunter one more year since I believe he has a son that’s a junior In Lincoln at some high school. Hopefully that’s enough of a reason to stay 

Palmer is a really good husker, the kinda player we get like twice a decade but there’s a reason he left Miami guys. He’s got some holes in his game that would be greatly exposed in the NBA. If anyone follows NBA mock drafts Ull see see that there is no mention of JPJ or Copeland that I’ve seen in any of them. If it’s a decision based purely on NBA or back for senior year I think they are both back w a realistic chance of winning the BIG. Now personal matters could change that.

hope we are able to retain Kenya hunter one more year since I believe he has a son that’s a junior In Lincoln at some high school. Hopefully that’s enough of a reason to stay 
Creighton Prep

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can't assess Palmer's readiness for the league, but I see Copeland a lot like Vincent Edwards, who was third-team all-conference last year as a junior, a 6-8 forward who can score from 3 or in close, and who grabs a few rebounds when needed. I think Copeland is just starting to emerge from his injury-riddled funk, and with another year in Lincoln could be the player Edwards is this year for Purdue.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Silver, I'm curious if there's anything that prompted you to ask these questions.  I haven't seen/heard any rumors about JPJ or Copeland pulling an Andrew White on us and transferring.  The team seems to have good chemistry and I guess I would be SHOCKED if either guy decided to transfer.  And I'm of the same opinion as Coach's Kid and Dimes that, really, neither of them are quite ready to get drafted.  Seems to me both have some work to do, and, so, as far as I'm concerned, they both should be back.  As far as the coaches, I think everyone but Molinari and Miles are always looking for promotions.  The season we're having kind of helps them burnish their resumes, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more get bumped up a pay grade or two with a career move in the off-season.  That would be an expected by-product of having success this season.

So, was your OP a more or less random set of questions or was there something more behind it that prompted you to ask?

Well if you read every line of every thread on here all but boxers or briefs have been talked about sometime this year.

Most recently the most talked about ones are #1, #2, #5 and to a point #6.  I just kind of wanted to lightly touch on some of these topics while we have a stop in the action, and haven't heard from some of this boards biggest critics in a long time, because really there has not been anything to be upset about.

I also just wanted to see if anybody would take the bait and show their true colors.

Just a really goofy/weird day at work and this is where my mind is...    without drugs.