Maryland MSU

NeeandMe

We need to beat maryland at home anyway... If we beat them it doesnt matter what theyre ranked for bubble position

If we lose to them at home same thing.

Just win.  The rest of the conference games dont mean much to us at this point unless you want to know who we would play in the conference tourney semifinals.

Just now, kleitus said:

We need to beat maryland at home anyway... If we beat them it doesnt matter what theyre ranked for bubble position

If we lose to them at home same thing.

Just win.  The rest of the conference games dont mean much to us at this point unless you want to know who we would play in the conference tourney semifinals.

So Maryland beating MSU, Purdue and Michigan wouldn't move them up high enough in rpi to significantly impact our rating, assuming we beat them? I keep hearing we need quality wins, how would that not make a difference?

I heard a talking head discuss rooting for certain teams as we meander through our Big Ten schedule.  He indicated, rightly so, that the race can be so disjointed, that one has to alter points of view from one game to the next.  I simplify it even more.  My team is Nebraska.  I cheer on the Huskers, and the Huskers only.  If we take care of our business, I needn't worry about any other outcome.  (or at least that is what I hope :))

Here’s an observation from long ago:  rooting for Nebraska to win is the only thing a Husker fan can do with certainty.  Otherwise, it’s like gambling: it’s hard to make the right picks on what’s actually in the best interests of Nebrasketball.  The exception is a final game or two in the season, when it’s easier to see, with clarity, the impact of other teams’ games on Nebrasketball.

2 hours ago, NeeandMe said:

Who do  we want to win? Read some want MSU to win as we are in competition with Maryland for conference standing/ bubble position. I would think since we play Maryland yet, we would want them to have as high of an RPI as possible.  Thoughts?

Are we not in competition with MSU for standing/bubble position too?  Last I checked they were the team immediately above us in the standings...alas, this conversation is now moot, but still...

40 minutes ago, 49r said:

Are we not in competition with MSU for standing/bubble position too?  Last I checked they were the team immediately above us in the standings...alas, this conversation is now moot, but still...

MSU would have to pretty much lose out for them to not make tournament. Playing them in early December while NU was trying to figure things out was not helpful. I thought Maryland had a decent shot today with the cloud of what is going on at Michigan St.