Iowa (11-11) vs. Nebraska (15-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Fun stat... we are the only Big 10 team to have played 11 games so far.  We’ve got a game up on most teams and 2 on some.  Means half the teams will have more losses when we get our week off after Wiscy!

Personally, I think we should just go out and beat Wisconsin. JMOO.

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

Nice win...Wisconsin will be tough, not because of talent, but going on the road with a one day turnaround is simply tough to do.  Hope that we get it done.  It would be HUGE to win that game.  WTH, each game we play seems to be HUGE.

Wisy has had one more day to recoup, So we have to going for us.

I realized with around 8 minutes left when Cook was still killing us inside that Okeke didn't see the floor at all.  I know his minutes are very limited, but I was surprised he didn't get a shot at slowing him down inside.  Other than that and a couple sloppy passes this was a good performance all around.

I thought we played very well last night, shot the ball as well as we have in a long time, perhaps all year.  Iowa has some nice pieces.  Give us a post player like Cook, please.  That's how it's done.  Good win, need to win out.

The best takeaway for me was I finally had a game where the rotations and minutes distribution didn't drive me up the wall of my living room.  Miles finally cores it down to 7 guys over 10 minutes and one with 9.  He is very slow to react to this, but hopefully he's there now for the stretch run.

Winning out is a lot to ask of any team, no matter the weakness of the schedule.  If we get left out of this thing, we'll be looking back at a few losses.

The Penn State loss is in the back of my mind as possible a** biting loss when it all shakes out.  For the life of me, benching Palmer in that game for McVeigh when you lose the game by a bucket in overtime could end up being the difference in the season.  God I hope not. I hope there was a much bigger reason than him going 1 for 9 in the first half for a guy that scored zero points and hasn't seen the court since.  Can't afford these type of knee jerk decisions going forward.   Let's keep playing this way and win the rest of the regular season.  The team is capable.

32 minutes ago, ATupe said:

I thought we played very well last night, shot the ball as well as we have in a long time, perhaps all year.  Iowa has some nice pieces.  Give us a post player like Cook, please.  That's how it's done.  Good win, need to win out.

The best takeaway for me was I finally had a game where the rotations and minutes distribution didn't drive me up the wall of my living room.  Miles finally cores it down to 7 guys over 10 minutes and one with 9.  He is very slow to react to this, but hopefully he's there now for the stretch run.

Winning out is a lot to ask of any team, no matter the weakness of the schedule.  If we get left out of this thing, we'll be looking back at a few losses.

The Penn State loss is in the back of my mind as possible a** biting loss when it all shakes out.  For the life of me, benching Palmer in that game for McVeigh when you lose the game by a bucket in overtime could end up being the difference in the season.  God I hope not. I hope there was a much bigger reason than him going 1 for 9 in the first half for a guy that scored zero points and hasn't seen the court since.  Can't afford these type of knee jerk decisions going forward.   Let's keep playing this way and win the rest of the regular season.  The team is capable.

Joined the board yesterday to add this? That seems like a knee jerk reaction. Miles cant be slow to react to the rotation. He’s the coach. He makes the rotation so that’s what you would call the  action and your emotional response would be the reaction. 

43 minutes ago, ATupe said:

Welcome to the board.  This has already been hashed out over and over.  Firstly, interesting that you chose your first post as a reaction to a game two and a half weeks ago.  Honestly this post is probably more knee jerk than his decision to play Palmer. I’ll bite though.

We we’re down 10+ points.  10+!!!  Palmer was off, couldn’t guard, and wasn’t scoring.  Jack comes in and we completely erase the deficit.  We did that with Palmer out.... not in.  So when you go to OT, as a coach, I can certainly see it both ways.  Do you play the guys who helped you come back from 10+ points down?  Or the guys who built the 10+ point deficit?  There wasn’t any right decision here.  I’m afraid Miles gets heat no

matter if we lose with Jack or Palmer in there.  Miles would’ve gotten credit for either Jack or Palmer had we won.

Jack didn’t do anything wrong in that game.  He was playing good D, being disruptive, not turning it over, and our offense did enough with him out there to erase a deficit of over 10 points.  It’s not all about scoring as you should know watching us play.  Palmer had played his best ball of the season after that benching. I personally find that this was a solid coaching decision by Miles.  He seems to have pushed the right buttons to get Palmer going and that has helped us to win multiple games so far after PSU.  We need that more for the stretch run.

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

Joined the board yesterday to add this? That seems like a knee jerk reaction. Miles cant be slow to react to the rotation. He’s the coach. He makes the rotation so that’s what you would call the  action and your emotional response would be the reaction. 

Knee jerk reaction would be joining and posting it immediately.  He clearly has thought it through and this is over two weeks later.  Obviously, you need to revisit your definition of what a knee jerk reaction is. This post clearly wasn't.  

Edited by royalfan

2 hours ago, royalfan said:

Knee jerk reaction would be joining and posting it immediately.  He clearly has thought it through and this is over two weeks later.  Obviously, you need to revisit your definition of what a knee jerk reaction is. This post clearly wasn't.  

Knee jerk is in my vocabulary. Is sarcasm in yours?  I was implying he was a troll just trying to stir the pot. Kind of like your response to me.