Iowa

AuroranHusker

These are all top-100 guys that I've seen play in high school over the last handful of years (that I can remember). I coach an AAU team for OSA so I get to do a bit of traveling for tournaments plus I've been in grand Island the last few years when Oak Hill and Sunrise Christian have come to Nebraska.

2015: Henry Ellenson, Dwayne Bacon, Glynn Watson Jr., Justin Patton, Shake Milton, Marcus LoVett

2016: De'Ron Davis

2017: Michael Porter Jr., Mohamed Bamba, Gary Trent Jr., Trae Young, Jontay Porter, Jordan Goodwin, Mitchell Ballock 

2018: Bol Bol, Tre Jones, Keldon Johnson, David McCormack, Will Richardson, Joey Hauser, Daniel Oturu, Joe Wieskamp, Keyontae Johnson, Carte'Are Gordon, AJ Green

2019: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Zach Harvey, Patrick McCaffrey, Chandler Lawson, Malik Hall

3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Mike McGee played in the late 70's at Omaha North.  The dude was the best I had seen to that date.  He went on to play college ball at Michigan and was then a first round choice to the Lakers. 

Yeah, my choice was between McGee and Kellogg. I went with the other traitor. At least he sent his son to save the world from evil (Northwestern) via (Hail) Mary.

22 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Yeah, my choice was between McGee and Kellogg. I went with the other traitor. At least he sent his son to save the world from evil (Northwestern) via (Hail) Mary.

I was told by Kerry Trotter that if Tom Brosnihan had been given the head Creighton job instead of Willis Reed, he, Vic lazzaretti (Marquette) Ron Kellogg (Kansas) and Dave Hoppen (duh) had agreed to go together to play for him and Cedric Hunter (Kansas) promised to follow the next year. That would have changed the landscape a little if true. 

14 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

I was told by Kerry Trotter that if Tom Brosnihan had been given the head Creighton job instead of Willis Reed, he, Vic lazzaretti (Marquette) Ron Kellogg (Kansas) and Dave Hoppen (duh) had agreed to go together to play for him and Cedric Hunter (Kansas) promised to follow the next year. That would have changed the landscape a little if true. 

Damn. And Stivrins might have stayed too.

Edited by jayschool

15 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Mike McGee played in the late 70's at Omaha North.  The dude was the best I had seen to that date.  He went on to play college ball at Michigan and was then a first round choice to the Lakers. 

I think McGee is still the leading scorer in Wolverine history.

• 4 years later...

https://saturdaytradition.com/iowa-football/rob-sand-iowas-state-auditor-blasts-gary-barta-and-calls-for-transparency-on-retirement-terms/

Rob Sand, Iowa’s State Auditor, and Gary Barta likely won’t be exchanging Christmas cards this year.

Sand and Barta have publicly tangled before over using taxpayer funds to pay for lawsuit settlements, and on Friday, San offered another statement following’s Barta’s retirement announcement.

“Gary Barta’s departure is a long time coming given the four different lawsuits for discrimination that cost Iowa more than $11 million,” Sand said in a statement. “Discrimination demands accountability. The University of Iowa should publicly release all terms of his departure.”