Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AuroranHusker

Iowa

Recommended Posts

They all seem to think they match up well with us and think this is a very winnable game.  

 

One thing that I was wondering is if there was any way to pin a thread up top with all of the other Big 10 basketball message boards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

They all seem to think they match up well with us and think this is a very winnable game.  

 

One thing that I was wondering is if there was any way to pin a thread up top with all of the other Big 10 basketball message boards?

 

Put a thread together that includes the info & @hhcdimes will pin that topic at the top of the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Hurricane Franny just received a contract extension to make his whooping buyout a cool $10M. Iowa being Iowa. lol

 

 

 

A couple of things about that

 

1. You've locked up his two 4 star guard sons (HS classes of 2017 and 2019)

2. You've created the stability that will help you land some kids. Obviously we're continuously bringing in bigger and better talent but we're losing out on some guys to Iowa (and other schools) because some kids want a situation where they think the coach will be there when they graduate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hhcdimes said:

 

 

A couple of things about that

 

1. You've locked up his two 4 star guard sons (HS classes of 2017 and 2019)

2. You've created the stability that will help you land some kids. Obviously we're continuously bringing in bigger and better talent but we're losing out on some guys to Iowa (and other schools) because some kids want a situation where they think the coach will be there when they graduate.

 

 

That's true.... I just chuckle at the $35M in buyouts between football & hoops. It's ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I think we need to run a bunch of 1-3-1 and minutes of Jordy/Duby/Tanner because of the amount of fouls that Cook and Garza generate.

jordy/duby/tanner are our 3 worst statistical players. i would try to play them the least amount of minutes possible. 

 

make iowa guard our small guys. not the other way around.

Edited by TimSmiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

 

 

 

2. You've created the stability that will help you land some kids. Obviously we're continuously bringing in bigger and better talent but we're losing out on some guys to Iowa (and other schools) because some kids want a situation where they think the coach will be there when they graduate.

This is probably the biggest argument you can make for locking up miles after this year for those of us that support him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

We should either re-sign him for 3-4 or fire him IMO

 

If Moos doesn't know the full picture of what Miles has done here and looks primarily at the overall record and lack of postseason success, then I'd be thinking "tourney or bust" this year if I was Miles. But based on the little information I know about Moos, those two have probably had their fair share of talks at this point to levelset the expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nuhusker7 said:

Anybody looked at the after market ticket prices? I'm shocked, about 100 tickets left on stub hub, going for a minimum of about $60.

Gonna be packed to the rafters. I think the opponent is a part of that and our recent play is also part of that. Plus the fact that it's a Saturday game that likely fits within most everyone's schedules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

Anybody looked at the after market ticket prices? I'm shocked, about 100 tickets left on stub hub, going for a minimum of about $60.

 

When the bandwagon starts filling up, the cost of admission can be steep. Everybody wants to have a little hand in saying they were involved in something special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

 

We should either re-sign him for 3-4 or fire him IMO

Agreed, either bring stability to the program or start from scratch. Given the current trajectory of the season n the foundation of players he has id lean towards keeping him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Agreed, either bring stability to the program or start from scratch. Given the current trajectory of the season n the foundation of players he has id lean towards keeping him 

 

My gut tells me if there's no Big Dance this spring, there's no Tim Miles this fall.  What a great time for a 14 game win streak!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Agreed, either bring stability to the program or start from scratch. Given the current trajectory of the season n the foundation of players he has id lean towards keeping him 

 

Outside of what Moos hears from the players, coaches, donors, etc. this is what he sees:

 

Tim Miles: 6th year as Nebraska's head coach, 90-94 (39-61), finished 10th/4th/12th/11th/T12th in conference play, 3 of the last 4 seasons had no more than 15 overall wins and no more than 6 conference wins, his last tournament was 4 seasons ago, and he was Big Ten coach of the year 4 seasons ago.

 

Those are the high level on-the-court stats. That doesn't take into account of where we are versus when he took the reigns, his recruiting, team academic achievements, etc. I'm just curious where Moos' head is at on this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

 

Outside of what Moos hears from the players, coaches, donors, etc. this is what he sees:

 

Tim Miles: 6th year as Nebraska's head coach, 90-94 (39-61), finished 10th/4th/12th/11th/T12th in conference play, 3 of the last 4 seasons had no more than 15 overall wins and no more than 6 conference wins, his last tournament was 4 seasons ago, and he was Big Ten coach of the year 4 seasons ago.

 

Those are the high level on-the-court stats. That doesn't take into account of where we are versus when he took the reigns, his recruiting, team academic achievements, etc. I'm just curious where Moos' head is at on this topic.

Yeah. Most people wouldn't guess this, but per KenPom ratings, Doc's best season was better than Tim's best; Doc's worst was better than Tim's worst; and everything in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×