Iowa

AuroranHusker

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

They all seem to think they match up well with us and think this is a very winnable game.  

One thing that I was wondering is if there was any way to pin a thread up top with all of the other Big 10 basketball message boards?

Put a thread together that includes the info & @hhcdimes will pin that topic at the top of the board.

13 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Hurricane Franny just received a contract extension to make his whooping buyout a cool $10M. Iowa being Iowa. lol

A couple of things about that

1. You've locked up his two 4 star guard sons (HS classes of 2017 and 2019)

2. You've created the stability that will help you land some kids. Obviously we're continuously bringing in bigger and better talent but we're losing out on some guys to Iowa (and other schools) because some kids want a situation where they think the coach will be there when they graduate.

Just now, hhcdimes said:

A couple of things about that

1. You've locked up his two 4 star guard sons (HS classes of 2017 and 2019)

2. You've created the stability that will help you land some kids. Obviously we're continuously bringing in bigger and better talent but we're losing out on some guys to Iowa (and other schools) because some kids want a situation where they think the coach will be there when they graduate.

That's true.... I just chuckle at the $35M in buyouts between football & hoops. It's ridiculous.

7 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I think we need to run a bunch of 1-3-1 and minutes of Jordy/Duby/Tanner because of the amount of fouls that Cook and Garza generate.

jordy/duby/tanner are our 3 worst statistical players. i would try to play them the least amount of minutes possible. 

make iowa guard our small guys. not the other way around.

Edited by TimSmiles

8 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

This is probably the biggest argument you can make for locking up miles after this year for those of us that support him

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

We should either re-sign him for 3-4 or fire him IMO

If Moos doesn't know the full picture of what Miles has done here and looks primarily at the overall record and lack of postseason success, then I'd be thinking "tourney or bust" this year if I was Miles. But based on the little information I know about Moos, those two have probably had their fair share of talks at this point to levelset the expectations.

1 minute ago, nuhusker7 said:

Anybody looked at the after market ticket prices? I'm shocked, about 100 tickets left on stub hub, going for a minimum of about $60.

Gonna be packed to the rafters. I think the opponent is a part of that and our recent play is also part of that. Plus the fact that it's a Saturday game that likely fits within most everyone's schedules.

2 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

Anybody looked at the after market ticket prices? I'm shocked, about 100 tickets left on stub hub, going for a minimum of about $60.

When the bandwagon starts filling up, the cost of admission can be steep. Everybody wants to have a little hand in saying they were involved in something special.

14 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Agreed, either bring stability to the program or start from scratch. Given the current trajectory of the season n the foundation of players he has id lean towards keeping him 

My gut tells me if there's no Big Dance this spring, there's no Tim Miles this fall.  What a great time for a 14 game win streak!

11 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Agreed, either bring stability to the program or start from scratch. Given the current trajectory of the season n the foundation of players he has id lean towards keeping him 

Outside of what Moos hears from the players, coaches, donors, etc. this is what he sees:

Tim Miles: 6th year as Nebraska's head coach, 90-94 (39-61), finished 10th/4th/12th/11th/T12th in conference play, 3 of the last 4 seasons had no more than 15 overall wins and no more than 6 conference wins, his last tournament was 4 seasons ago, and he was Big Ten coach of the year 4 seasons ago.

Those are the high level on-the-court stats. That doesn't take into account of where we are versus when he took the reigns, his recruiting, team academic achievements, etc. I'm just curious where Moos' head is at on this topic.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Outside of what Moos hears from the players, coaches, donors, etc. this is what he sees:

Tim Miles: 6th year as Nebraska's head coach, 90-94 (39-61), finished 10th/4th/12th/11th/T12th in conference play, 3 of the last 4 seasons had no more than 15 overall wins and no more than 6 conference wins, his last tournament was 4 seasons ago, and he was Big Ten coach of the year 4 seasons ago.

Those are the high level on-the-court stats. That doesn't take into account of where we are versus when he took the reigns, his recruiting, team academic achievements, etc. I'm just curious where Moos' head is at on this topic.

Yeah. Most people wouldn't guess this, but per KenPom ratings, Doc's best season was better than Tim's best; Doc's worst was better than Tim's worst; and everything in between.