The Dance

Bugeaters1

What will it take for the Huskers to get into the dance. 6-2 the second half with the two losses to Maryland. I know Iowa will be a different team Sunday, as they get the player who had a broken finger the first time we played. MSU is short of players but they may be getting them back by the time we play them. And Indiana in Blommington will be a challenge, with Cahill, Buss will be hard to stop. But if we can stop Buss's dribble drive and dish off we should be okay. I welcome what everyone else thinks.

Edited by Bugeaters1

Sounds like the old worn out cliche'.......but we really do just have to "take each game one at a time", and  just see how it works out.  

We've been playing so well lately that it actually concerns me a bit. Can we keep it up? Or will we have one or two of those clunker games when least expected?

Iowa may be the "tell" as to how we'll do the balance of the season.  Iowa will be at home, and full of vengeance after we beat them.  So we must play again...the way we played Purdue....if we can under those circumstances.

There's just no laughers here on out in the schedule.  There's only a couple where we probably are the better team. Others can be toss ups.

Don't get me wrong....I  believe so much in this group that I brought up up the possibility of a 20 win season....and I could hear the laughter from you guys... from my computer.  But now it's becoming real. 

We have come so far, so quickly. ....Is this cool or what?

Edited by redsteve

agree with much of what redsteve stated. as much success as the huskers have had so far (or not, clemson and michigan?) i can't help but wonder if they might hit that wall. if someone said i had to make a prediction for the rest of the season, i would say huskers end up 10-6 and just miss out on the double bye for the big ten tournament. they may need a pretty good run in the tournament to pave a path to the ncaa tourney----who thought it would even be in the discussion this season. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Charlie Creme comments on the huskers:

Nebraska: If the Cornhuskers had a better nonconference SOS, they would be in, easily, and not the last at-large bid in this week's projection. They are the hottest team in the country outside the top 20. Nebraska has four top-50 RPI wins, all of which have come in the past four games. If the Huskers keep playing this well, it might not matter; but if they don't make the NCAA tournament, it could be traced to a lack of quality wins pre-Big Ten and a nonconference SOS barely in the top 200.