Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

I said I would pick this one up for HHCTony today.  I have put in bold teams that I think we want to win.

Games of Note

1. Creighton @ Villinova-- Creighton is pretty solidly in, but can still tank down the stretch.  We'll see how they do vs #1.
  2. Wichita State @ Temple-- Wichita State is pretty solidly in.  Temple had a nice stretch early in season.
  3. SMU @ Tulsa-- SMU is firmly on the bubble.  Need them to take an L here.
  4. Northwestern @ Wisconsin-- Not any bubble implications here, but I would love for Wisco to pick up some wins since we are 2-0 against them.
  5. San Diego @ Gonzaga-- If we could get this to a 1 bid league, that would be nice.
  6. Oregon @ California-- Would be huge for Cal to win this one.  Oregon on bubble.
  7. Western Kentucky @ UTEP-- Who would have guessed that the CUSA could be a 2 bid league.  Need a loss here by WKU.
  8. San Francisco @ St. Mary's-- See San Diego @ Zaga.
  9. Arizona State @ Washington-- Big bubble game here.  Washington on bubble.  ASU on road.  A home loss hurts Washington.
  10. BYU @ Loyola Marymount-- Need Loyola here.  BYU on bubble.

Former Opponents

1. Montana State @ North Dakota-- UND is actually struggling since we played them.  Just 2-7 in Big Sky.
  2. Marshall @ UTSA-- UTSA is 4-5 in CUSA and 11-11 overall.
  3. Jacksonville State @ Eastern Illinois-- EI has really struggled (7-14, 3-7) since game 1 when they almost took our hearts away.

Added RPI to games of Note as well as times, how to watch, and who I feel we want to win.  

Games of Note

1. Creighton 27 @ Villinova 2--  5:30 FS1  Villanova -13  Want Creighton (puke)since we played them it should help metrics slightly. 
  2. Wichita State 26 @ Temple 46-- 6  ESPN2  Witchita St. -7.5 Want Wichita badly
  3. SMU 60  @ Tulsa  120-- 7 CBS sports network  SMU- 5.5  Want Tulsa badly
  4. Northwestern 104 @ Wisconsin  146-- 7:30 FS1  Wisconsin -2 1/2 We want Wisconsin here since played them twice and beat them twice
  5. San Diego 142 @ Gonzaga 57-- 8pm Full Court, espn3, watch espn app We want San Diego
  6. Oregon 84 @ California  176--  8 pm Pac 12 Network Oregon -8.5 Want Cal pretty bad
  7. Western Kentucky 36 @ UTEP 307-- . 9pm CBS Sports network W. Kentucky -10  Want UTEP 
  8. San Francisco 181 @ St. Mary's 28-- 10pm ESPNU  St. Mary's -13.5 Want San Francisco
  9. Arizona State  39@ Washington  49-- 10pm Pac 12 Network  Az St -2 1/2  Want AZ ST
  10. BYU 69@ Loyola Marymount 286-- 10PM  Full Court/espn3/ watch espn app  BYU -10 Want Loyola here

Former Opponents

1. Montana State @ North Dakota-- 7pm Pluto tv app big sky channel works great  N. Dakota -4 want N. Dakota
  2. Marshall @ UTSA--   7pm BEIN Marshall - 1 1/2  Want UTSA
  3. Jacksonville State @ Eastern Illinois-- 7:30 OVCdigitalnetwork.com  Jacksonville St - 5 1/2  Need E. Illionois
Edited by royalfan

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

I am pretty sure Wichita is who we wanted there.  They are going to the dance.  Now Temple could as well.  

Temple is 12-10 with losses to La Salle, George Washington, and Tulane.  

4-6 and third to last in the conference.

Long ways to go.  Probably longer than us.  

If they win out... that would include games @WSU, Houston, UCF, they would just be 20-10, 12-6.  Have some good wins and bad losses.  So I would say they probably have to win out... maybe 19-11, 11-7.

38 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Temple is 12-10 with losses to La Salle, George Washington, and Tulane.  

4-6 and third to last in the conference.

Long ways to go.  Probably longer than us.  

If they win out... that would include games @WSU, Houston, UCF, they would just be 20-10, 12-6.  Have some good wins and bad losses.  So I would say they probably have to win out... maybe 19-11, 11-7.

But that's a Tier 1 win. I could be entirely wrong, but I can see the committee being like "you've got to have at least one tier win to prove you belong in the tournament."