Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

What are the odds we stay behind PSU, in Luinardi's bracket?

Well, based on Lunardi's past logic, a Quad 1 loss on the road is better than a Quad 3 home win.  So...Penn St. may move into the field after this one while we fall off the bubble!

5 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Michigan State 15/Wisconsin  122 - 12 CBS Michigan St. - 7 1/2  We need Wisconsin.  Played twice and puts Ohio St on one line. 
UCF 67/Temple 46 - 1pm ESPNU Temple -5 Need UCF
Furman 105/East Tennessee State 90 - 1pm ESPN3  E. Tenn St. -3 1/2 Don't probably matter but Furman is best to be sure
Marist/Canisius - 1pm
Illinois/Rutgers - 2pm BTN Rutgers -1  Don't see much importance here other than making recent loss look less bad
UCLA/Colorado - 3pm ESPNU  UCLA - 2 1/2  Need Colorado badly
Florida State 47/NC State 57- 5pm ESPNU  NC St -2  Not sure personally so will defer to Fever thinking we need Florida St

Others

East Carolina at Houston  2pm ESPN3  Only on here because of how bad East Carolina is.  A loss at home to them could get them flirting with the bubble.
Minnesota at Purdue  3pm FS1  Need Minnesota since played them twice

And that wraps up the night.

13 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Monday's Games of Interest:

Duke/Virginia Tech - beat VaTech
Marquette/Georgetown - need Georgetown to win
Delaware State/Marland-Eastern Shore - our favorite opponent
Stetson/Lipscomb - RPI boost
Texas/Kansas - knock off Texas

Tuesday's Games of Interest:

Tennessee/Mississippi State - knock off MSU
Florida/Alabama - tough one, going with Florida
Missouri/Vanderbilt - need Vandy
Oklahoma State/Iowa State - need ISU to win
Akron/Buffalo - get the final knockout on Buffalo
Vermont/Maine - just beat Vermont already
Miami/North Carolina - may not matter, but beating Miami wouldn't hurt
Auburn/Arkansas - need Auburn
DePaul/Creighton - sure.
Oklahoma/Baylor - flipping and going with OU on this one due to last games' results
Kansas State/TCU - knock off KSU
Davidson/St. Bonaventure - need some Steph Curry magic
Boise State/San Diego State - knock off BSU

Bump.

Side note: I'm so glad this thread still matters. After beating PSU, having other teams burst their bubble is evermore important for us.

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Adding to how insane these quads are....Big East Tournament is in NYC, St. Johns home city. St. Johns is last in the big east. St. Johns will bring minimal fans to the Big East tournament. BEATING ST JOHNS IN THE BIG EAST TOURNAMENT WILL COUNT AS A FREAKING QUAD ONE WIN.

I have to retract that statement, St Johns has to be top 75 for it to count as a quad one win, so they need to win one of their last two.

8 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Adding to how insane these quads are....Big East Tournament is in NYC, St. Johns home city. St. Johns is last in the big east. St. Johns will bring minimal fans to the Big East tournament. BEATING ST JOHNS IN THE BIG EAST TOURNAMENT WILL COUNT AS A FREAKING QUAD ONE WIN.

I could be wrong, but I would guess that the tournament games for the Big East will count as a neutral win or loss for St Johns.  Either way, I don't see them getting top 75 RPI at this point...per RPI forecast they have to win out in the regular season.  Probably not likely. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

9 hours ago, jayschool said:

Is there an actual video stream to watch the Hornets? I know Stetson is on ESPN3.

A_Sun.jpg

The ASUN tournament has the top 4 teams hosting the bottom 4 teams at home.

At least this will be Stetson's last game.

Also, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but Maryland Eastern Shore is pretty terrible. The Hornets have a fighting chance in this one.

24 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I could be wrong, but I would guess that the tournament games for the Big East will count as a neutral win or loss for St Johns.  Either way, I don't see them getting top 75 RPI at this point...per RPI forecast they have to win out in the regular season.  Probably not likely. 

Palm tweeted the Big East Tournament would be counted as home games for St. John’s. 

2 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

St John's plays home games at MSG. UCF doesn't play home games at Disney

Okay that's interesting. So are Big East games included in St. John's season tickets? That's the big difference I see between the home versus neutral conversation. Then again, they are the nearest distance than all other opponents. Just seems odd that one team is going to get a gift here.

Seems like Quad 1 wins grow on trees in other conferences. If your Nebraska you have beat a top 10 team (Purdue, MSU) on the road or win both of your top 20 (Mich, OSU) home games. But hey if your Baylor, you get: WV Home/Away, TCU Home/Away, Texas Tech Home/Away, Kansas Home/Away, KState Away, Texas Away, Oklahoma Away.

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Seems like Quad 1 wins grow on trees in other conferences. If your Nebraska you have beat a top 10 team (Purdue, MSU) on the road or win both of your top 20 (Mich, OSU) home games. But hey if your Baylor, you get: WV Home/Away, TCU Home/Away, Texas Tech Home/Away, Kansas Home/Away, KState Away, Texas Away, Oklahoma Away.

Yep.  Like I said in other threads, teams with more Quad 1 and 2 opportunities SHOULD have more Quad 1 and 2 wins.  A team that is has 3 Quad 1 wins in like 9 tries with multiple of those games at home shouldn't be held above us.

5 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

*Ohio State was a road game for NU as well.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Forgot about that, so we had one quad 1 conf home game. And our 3 quad one away games were all top 20 teams - not that KState or Oklahoma or Texas on the road bullshit.

Yep. I think the committee is smart enough to figure out the straight scoop. That's why Friday could be very important to Nebraska!

Crunch time (Lunardi's bubble watch updated Feb. 26):

Last Four Byes
Virginia Tech: TODAY vs Duke, Saturday at Miami
Kansas State: Tuesday at TCU, Saturday vs Baylor
St. Bonaventure: Tuesday vs Davidson, Saturday at Saint Louis
Providence: Wednesday at Xavier, Saturday vs St. John's

Last Four In
Louisville: Thursday vs Virginia, Saturday at NC State
USC: Saturday vs UCLA
Baylor: Tuesday vs Oklahoma, Saturday at Kansas State
Texas: TODAY at Kansas, Saturday vs West Virginia

First Four Out
Syracuse: Wednesday at Boston College, Saturday vs Clemson
UCLA: Saturday at USC
Nebraska: Friday neut TBD (Conf Tourney)
Mississippi State: Tuesday vs Tennessee, Saturday at LSU

Next Four Out
Washington: Thursday vs Oregon State. Saturday vs Oregon
Boise State: TUE at San Diego State, Saturday vs Wyoming
Utah: Saturday vs Colorado
Notre Dame: Wednesday vs Pittsburgh, Saturday at Virginia

40 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Okay that's interesting. So are Big East games included in St. John's season tickets? That's the big difference I see between the home versus neutral conversation. Then again, they are the nearest distance than all other opponents. Just seems odd that one team is going to get a gift here.

No idea how season tickets work though it would make sense that Carnasecca Arena (capacity 5602) season tickets holders would all fit into Madison Square Garden (capacity 20,789) and it would be part of the package. They played 5 home games there this year.