hhctony

Selection Committee Games of Interest

29 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I can't take anything seriously with Penn State, Syracuse, and Texas ahead of us right now.

How about the fact the Maryland is in 3 brackets on Bracket Matrix and we are on 2.  To be honest I find it laughable.  I will only be upset if Nebraska beats Penn St. and gets left out or is a lower seed than Penn State and Maryland (NCAA or NIT).  Something just isn't right with so many people leaving Nebraska out right now.  This Nebraska team is head and shoulder better than 2014 Nebraska.  What these idiot bracket guys like Lunardi, Ken Pomeroy and Jerry Palm need to start doing is add in the "How would (Insert Team) do with Nebraska's schedule" and see where a team like Buffalo, Loyola Chicago or St. Bonaventure ends up.  Hell RealtimeRPI had us 12-19 not too long ago!  They obviously didn't think the Big 10 was that down 2 months ago. 

22 minutes ago, big red22 said:

How about the fact the Maryland is in 3 brackets on Bracket Matrix and we are on 2.  To be honest I find it laughable.  I will only be upset if Nebraska beats Penn St. and gets left out or is a lower seed than Penn State and Maryland (NCAA or NIT).  Something just isn't right with so many people leaving Nebraska out right now.  This Nebraska team is head and shoulder better than 2014 Nebraska.  What these idiot bracket guys like Lunardi, Ken Pomeroy and Jerry Palm need to start doing is add in the "How would (Insert Team) do with Nebraska's schedule" and see where a team like Buffalo, Loyola Chicago or St. Bonaventure ends up.  Hell RealtimeRPI had us 12-19 not too long ago!  They obviously didn't think the Big 10 was that down 2 months ago. 

There's no possible way Maryland should get in over us. That's just hilarious.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Side note after seeing the updated bubble watch... I don't even care about the double bye/#4 seed at this point. That doesn't matter. It's either (1) beat Penn State and live to see another day or (2) lose to Penn State and make miracles in the unrespected Big Ten conference.

Are we sure we really want to beat Penn St as a loss probably gets us closer to the field?  I am convinced the following chain of events need to happen for us to move into Lunardi's bracket:

1) Lose to Penn St - Duh, a good loss against a bubble team is better than a win against a mediocre Quad 3 team at home, at least this is how I understand the narrative will be.

2) Hope that Rutgers or Illinois advance to play us in the Big Tourney so that we can beat a last place or near last place team on a neutral court.

3) Lose a competitive game against one of the top 3 seeds because losses don't matter and wins likely only move us down the bracket at this point.

4) Zombie apocalypse 

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

2 hours ago, big red22 said:

What these idiot bracket guys like Lunardi, Ken Pomeroy and Jerry Palm need to start doing is add in the "How would (Insert Team) do with Nebraska's schedule" and see where a team like Buffalo, Loyola Chicago or St. Bonaventure ends up.  Hell RealtimeRPI had us 12-19 not too long ago!  They obviously didn't think the Big 10 was that down 2 months ago. 

Bracketologists remind me of having an argument with the wife.  The bad things you did, or the good things you didn't do in the past are always the first things brought up.  All the good things you've done recently don't mean squat.  The only way to get back in her good graces is to win the lottery, i.e. win the B1G Tourney.

12 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Bracketologists remind me of having an argument with the wife.  The bad things you did, or the good things you didn't do in the past are always the first things brought up.  All the good things you've done recently don't mean squat.  The only way to get back in her good graces is to win the lottery, i.e. win the B1G Tourney.

So much truth.