Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

There is one bright spot in all this.  After sitting back and letting all the anger subside, I finally looked at the bracket.

We do have something to play for.  This committee pretty much **** on our faces with where they put us.  Our road to the final 4 in the NIT possible has a perfect scenario. 

Our first game is a road game @Mississippi State (SEC) a place where only 3 teams won this basketball season Auburn, Tennessee and us.  We win again @Mississippi State we can chalk one up for us and the Big 10.  Next comes the Big 12 and we go to Baylor (Big 12), an 8-10 Big 12 team that we all felt did not deserve an NCAA bid.  This is a team that like Texas and Oklahoma got more pub because they are in the daunting Big 12.  We can shut them up by going to one of their houses and punch them in the mouth. Then we are possibly @Louisville (ACC) to cap off the perfect kiss my a$$ postseason with a victory there.

Lastly, this involves the other Big 10 team in the field to make the quarterfinals.  Penn St. needs to beat Marquette from the over hyped Big East in the quarterfinals.  This is the same Big East that had big scary Seton Hall lose to our Big 10 bottom dweller Rutgers, but yet somehow is a way better conference then ours.  Was it because the Big 10 split the Gavett Games with them?  Is it because Creighton squeaked out a home win over us? Is it because St. John's took us to the wood shed with Ponds and Levitt in the 3rd game of the season? Who knows?

Then instead of both teams going to MSG, they both forfeit the game.  With a nice letter from both coaches saying "We aren't coming, our work is done for the season!  Next time make better decisions, and you won't have to deal with this again."

^^^ A guy can dream right

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

This thread is the most viewed and most replied in the history of the HHC (in this forum format)

...and now when I see it, makes me upset all over again.  One can argue that losing to both Creighton and Kansas perhaps put us out of the NCAA tournament; and when we lost to Ohio State, that simply put a bow on it.  So we were fooled into thinking all the other games mattered.  Heck, Penn State was sort of a play in game...NOT.  Rasmussen was at the PBA because...because what?  It didn't matter.  So...can you tell I am STILL seething.

Edited by huskercwg

1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

...and now when I see it, makes me upset all over again.  One can argue that losing to both Creighton and Kansas perhaps put us out of the NCAA tournament; and when we lost to Ohio State, that simply put a bow on it.  So we were fooled into thinking all the other games mattered.  Heck, Penn State was sort of a play in game...NOT.  Rasmussen was at the PBA because...because what?  It didn't matter.  So...can you tell I am STILL seething.

Me too... Me too!  I just want you to know you are not alone...

1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that Bruce might have been there to watch PSU more than NU.  He is always talking about how he can compare teams when you watch them play others... I think Penn State is in if they beat us and then do what they did in MSG.

Here’s the thing about he eye test. It depends on when you watch a team. I watched St. Bonaventure a couple times and they looked better than they do tonight. We’ve failed the eye test a couple times as well. If we were playing right now, there’s no guarantee we wouldn’t have gone into a shell like we did vs Michigan. 

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Watching this first 4 game of UCLA/St Bonny....

1.  Metrics lie.  Metrics do not show who the best teams are.

2.  How in the hell did these two teams make it in?

3.  Nebraska would beat both of these teams.

4.  Metrics suck.  The eye test needs to be more considered.

I am not a person who likes the eye test....because it is in the eye of the beholder.

i like metrics or records or standings....but it needs to be spelled out, no picking this team over that team....if the predetermined metrics are better,you take that team.

the problem as I see it, is that the metrics are followed loosely for some teams and followed strictly for others.

59 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Here’s the thing about he eye test. It depends on when you watch a team. I watched St. Bonaventure a couple times and they looked better than they do tonight. We’ve failed the eye test a couple times as well. If we were playing right now, there’s no guarantee we wouldn’t have gone into a shell like we did vs Michigan. 

Agreed.   Not to mention the human bias.

It needs to be a combination of both.

The problem right now is that they say it is....but they stick to one metric and thats it