Average SOR of the Top Half of the Conference

1. Big 12 (16.6)

2. ACC (17.1)

3. Big East (20.0)

4. SEC (25.7)

5. Big Ten (26.0)

6. AAC (48.7)

7. Pac-12 (58.0)

Well Bruce confirmed that this is the only game left that matters to us.  He confirmed Davidson will not get an at large, which I was slightly concerned about due to them possibly being lazy and calling it a day.  

Davidson/Rhode Island - 12pm CBS Rhode Island - 2 1/2  BADLY need Rhode Island.  Bruce confirmed that one of the at large teams selected is going to drop out if Davidson wins.  Given that we are likely to be in by the hair of our chinny chin chin if we make it, that team could very well be us.  

My work here is nearly done.  It has been a pleasure.  I may have one more selection show watch report coming if nobody puts one together.  We deserve to be in, but looks like we are pissing into the wind.  Too many forces working against us I am afraid.  Need some common sense to be deployed.  

GBR!

I've got this posted in the Conference Tournament thread, but I'll post it here since we're only down to 5 games left on the NCAA regular/conference season. If you're interested in catching the games, times and media outlet info is included:

Automatic Bids Outstanding

Ivy League: Championship: #1 Harvard vs. #2 Penn (Mar. 11) -- 11:00 am, ESPN2

Atlantic 10: Championship: #1 Rhode Island vs. #3 Davidson (Mar. 11) -- 12:00 pm, CBS

SEC: Championship: #2 Tennessee vs. #4 Kentucky (Mar. 11) -- 12:00 pm, ESPN

Sun Belt: Championship: #2 Georgia State vs. #4 UT Arlington (Mar. 11) -- 1:00 pm, ESPN2

AAC: Championship: #1 Cincinnati vs. #3 Houston (Mar. 11) -- 2:30 pm, CBS

Keep in mind, we may be in desperate need for Rhode Island to lock down the Atlantic-10 title. Otherwise that might just become a 2-3 bid league.

5 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Bruce confirmed that one of the at large teams selected is going to drop out if Davidson wins.

Interesting. So does that mean St. Bonaventure is in and they get 3? Or this is no more than a 2 bid situation and Davidson steals one from St. Bonaventure? Or one can hope that the Bonnies were never in right now to begin with.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Interesting. So does that mean St. Bonaventure is in and they get 3? Or this is no more than a 2 bid situation and Davidson steals one from St. Bonaventure? Or one can hope that the Bonnies were never in right now to begin with.

Dang.  That stinks.  I really hope that Rhody wins.  It would be a damn shame if Davidson wins and Oklahoma gets left out of the tournament.

Updated 

Sunday's Games of Interest:

Davidson/Rhode Island - really, really, really need URI to pull this one out - a loss by Davidson likely knocks them out of a Quad 1 road win/loss for their opponents

The Bubble/Nebraska - We need to stay on top of the bubble to make the tourney

Thanks to @HuskerFever and @royalfan for the heavy lifting in this thread

Fellas... either way.... it’s been fun.  Hell of a ride.  I’ve really enjoyed it.  I can’t help but think of the titanic right now.  The scene where the guys are still playing on the deck as the ship is sinking and they say “it’s been a pleasure.”  

Yeah we arent the upper class.  Yeah there isn’t enough boats for everyone.  However some lower class people still made it onto one of those boats.  It doesn’t look good, but there is still a chance.  Either way though... hell of a time this year.  The rides not over.  No matter what happens today.  

The final game of importance.... Rhode Island is not doing us any favors. Down 8 with 11 minutes left. I'm guessing the committee has the field set by now with these exceptions:

1. Will Davidson beat Rhode Island? If so, the last team in (maybe us?) is now out and IMO Rhode Island drops from an 8 to a 9 seed.

2. Seeding Tennessee and Kentucky. I think Tennessee is a 3 seed no matter what. I'm going with a 4 for Kentucky if they win and a 5 if they lose.

3. Seeding Cincinnati and Houston. Although I think Cincy is a 2 and Houston a 4 no matter what.

Just my opinions. Except the Davidson part. Them winning really does knock someone out!

I have accepted our fate logically - the odds are extremely long that Nebraska will be in the Big Dance.

Emotionally, however, is another story and I'm still holding out more hope than I probably should. If/when "Nebraska" does not appear on the list at 5 PM today, I will come to terms with it.

I think if the NIT becomes our place, we are in for a short stay.  Miles has been obsessed with getting us in.  The team will be extremely disappointed. The fans will be extremely disappointed.  We had a week and a half lay-off.  The only things going for us are we should be at home (unless Luinardi, Palm, and Mandel are on the NIT committee), and we should be much more talented than our opponent.