Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

The more I think about it, the more I don't think the Big 12 will get 90% of their teams in.  So I don't know who the odd man out is going to be, but OU losing might not be that huge.

I think OU winning is the "safest" outcome for us.  An OU win and OSU is out. If OSU wins there's a chance they could both miss but I could see the winner beating KU tmrw w/o their big man.

Edited by tjp21

1 minute ago, tjp21 said:

I think OU winning is the "safest" outcome for us.  An OU win and OSU is out. If OSU wins there's a chance they could both miss but I could see the winner beating KU tmrw w/o their big man.

And then Notre Dame and Kansas both get the #1 seed because they had injuries during the season and had they been in there they would have won every single one of their games.

• 28 teams are officially in the field of 68 as of the most recent Bruce interview per their vote today (little higher than normal).  That includes teams still playing in their conference tourney.  So their could be 6ish teams that win their tourneys and open up another AQ spot.  

• Teams they are still considering is about 10-15 that are still on the board.  "A little lower than in the past."

• Talking Michigan right now.  "Playing really well right now."

• Talking about ASU-- "We assess a tournament game the same as a game in November."

• Talking about Louisville-- Gives them a chance to have a win against a tourney caliber team.

• NCST- "Look at the full body of work, NCST had good results."

• St. Marys-- "Have one of outstanding posts in country.  Haven't played the schedule others have.  They'll be discussed."

11 minutes ago, 49r said:

They just showed the latest Lunardi projection and still no signs of Oklahoma or Arizona State anywhere (meaning both are still safely in)

LOSSES DO NOT MATTER. We have been through this. These teams keep racking up "quality wins" in these conference gang bangs, because 85% of the teams in the conference are "quality" teams. But when they lose they have enough "quality wins" for everyone to ignore the loss. Its why we have about 10 under .500 in conference teams on the bubble right now.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

The Big XII puts stats and messages in the ad space in front of the scorer's table in Kansas City about their league's dominance. The Big Ten/BTN spends its touranment time telling everyone how great NYC is for the league, rather than promoting the teams, while also putting down their 4th place team and emphasizing why they aren't deserving of an NCAA spot.

Sigh.

Edited by throwback

25 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

LOSSES DO NOT MATTER. We have been through this. These teams keep racking up "quality wins" in these conference gang bangs, because 85% of the teams in the conference are "quality" teams. But when they lose they have enough "quality wins" for everyone to ignore the loss. Its why we have about 10 under .500 in conference teams on the bubble right now.

I guess that's kind of what I'm trying to say here.  All this sweat and gnashing of teeth over the play-in rounds of the MEAC tournament on here is fairly pointless, IMO.  We are - and will most likely remain - on the outside edge of the tourney bubble and no or at least VERY LITTLE upward mobility is possible for us (at least as far as bracketoligists are concerned) at this point unfortunately.