Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

9 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Arizona State is out... Move us up one in Lunardi's asinine Bracket

Penn State has no chance to be ahead of us like Lunardi Says... Move us up one more

Two of the 9 Big 12 Teams are not getting in... move us up two more spots.

That puts us on the 3rd Team on the "First Four Out" Right now in my opinion

We need 3 more losses IMO

We are big Depaul, North Carolina and Virginia Tech and fans tonight

that's probably about right. we are 3 bubble upsets away from having a real chance on sunday.

Just now, big red22 said:

Kind of like how Utah jumped in over us, because someone had to.  Colorado is probably next

Yeah it's whatever. Every team will stay ahead of us or jump us because these bracketologists are all hell-bent on Quad 1 wins. Everyone is going to have more than us, so they'll always just pass us. 

46 minutes ago, unl said:

Just catching up from work. Are you guys saying, of all the tournaments remaining, just need three more bubble teams to lose and you think NU is in?

All I know is Mrs. cip is gonna have a cow when the Huskers make the Big Dance...:) 

14 hours ago, royalfan said:

Louisville 47/Florida State  45- 11am ESPN  Florida St - 2 1/2  Need Florida St
Boston College 97/NC State 45 - 1pm(pry closer to 1:30)  ESPN  NC St - 3 1/2  Need Boston College for our metrics and outside shot it could bounce NC St
Arizona State 58/Colorado 86 - 2pm Pac 12 network  Az st -7 Need Colorado.  This game could potentially burst Az st bubble

St. John's 91/Georgetown 148 - 6pm FS1  St. Johns - 4 1/2  Need St. Johns
Notre Dame 70/Virginia Tech 51 - 6pm ESPN2  Notre Dame - 2 1/2  Badly need Virginia Tech here.  Bad feeling ND is in with a win here.  
Oklahoma 36/Oklahoma State 89 - 6pm ESPNU  OU - 1 1/2  I am not sure on this.  It all depends on how the selection folks view OU and I can imagine that is a bit of a polarizing topic.  The herd believes they are still in and I am concerned that both would be in with a win by Ok. St here.  The flipside is that they both could be out if Ok. St wins today and loses tomorrow, and we potentially need spots to open up that are not currently ours.  I am barely going with needing Oklahoma here, but will hold on to hope if it goes the other way, especially in blowout fashion.  

UTEP 291/UT San Antonio 189 - 6:30 Facebook live  UTSA - 2 1/2  Need UTSA for our metrics
Oregon State 143/Washington 63 - 8pm Pac12 Network  Oregon St -2  Need Oregon St. to pound nail in Washington coffin once and for all
Iowa State 129/Texas 48 - 8pm(pry closer to 8:30)  ESPNU  Texas - 5 1/2  Need Iowa St. badly.  Huge game here
DePaul 178/Marquette56 - 8:30 FS1  Marquette -6 Need DePaul  Big one here
Louisiana Tech 202/North Texas 189 - 8:30 Facebook live  La Tech - 2 1/2  Need N. Texas for our metrics

Washington State 174/Oregon 68 - 10:30 Pac 12 Network  Oregon - 11 1/2  Need Washington St. 

Others

Syracuse 37/North Carolina6- North Carolina -8pm ESPN2  7 1/2  Need North Carolina badly here, preferably by way of blowout

Updating throughout the night.

Edited by HuskerFever

14 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

THROW OKLAHOMA OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!

Leave the Nebraska in/out conversation out of it. If they put Oklahoma in this tournament, then the whole thing is a dumpster fire. Chasing money and news soundbites over teams that deserve to be there.

Awful

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

6 pm CST Block of Games:

St. John's/Georgetown: 42-48 Halftime
Notre Dame/Virginia Tech: 21-34 Halftime
Oklahoma/Oklahoma State: 25-36 Halftime

UTEP/UT San Antonio: 20-32 5:47 1st

How confident are you that we should be rooting for Oklahoma St?

9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

6 pm CST Block of Games:

St. John's/Georgetown: 42-48 Halftime
Notre Dame/Virginia Tech: 21-34 Halftime
Oklahoma/Oklahoma State: 25-36 Halftime

UTEP/UT San Antonio: 20-32 5:47 1st

i'm putting us ahead of oklahoma, notre dame, and asu assuming these results hold strong.

Here's the latest on Lunardi's mythical magic bubble watch, as of March. 7 (before any games today):

Last Four Byes
Kansas State: Thursday neut TCU
Saint Mary's: N/A
Providence: Thursday neut Creighton
Baylor: Thursday neut West Virginia

Last Four In
Texas: TONIGHT neut Iowa State
USC: Thursday neut TBD (WSU/Oregon)
UCLA: Thursday neut Stanford
Louisville: neut Florida StateThursday neut Virginia

First Four Out
Alabama: Thursday neut Texas A&M