Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

29 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I can't take anything seriously with Penn State, Syracuse, and Texas ahead of us right now.

How about the fact the Maryland is in 3 brackets on Bracket Matrix and we are on 2.  To be honest I find it laughable.  I will only be upset if Nebraska beats Penn St. and gets left out or is a lower seed than Penn State and Maryland (NCAA or NIT).  Something just isn't right with so many people leaving Nebraska out right now.  This Nebraska team is head and shoulder better than 2014 Nebraska.  What these idiot bracket guys like Lunardi, Ken Pomeroy and Jerry Palm need to start doing is add in the "How would (Insert Team) do with Nebraska's schedule" and see where a team like Buffalo, Loyola Chicago or St. Bonaventure ends up.  Hell RealtimeRPI had us 12-19 not too long ago!  They obviously didn't think the Big 10 was that down 2 months ago. 

22 minutes ago, big red22 said:

How about the fact the Maryland is in 3 brackets on Bracket Matrix and we are on 2.  To be honest I find it laughable.  I will only be upset if Nebraska beats Penn St. and gets left out or is a lower seed than Penn State and Maryland (NCAA or NIT).  Something just isn't right with so many people leaving Nebraska out right now.  This Nebraska team is head and shoulder better than 2014 Nebraska.  What these idiot bracket guys like Lunardi, Ken Pomeroy and Jerry Palm need to start doing is add in the "How would (Insert Team) do with Nebraska's schedule" and see where a team like Buffalo, Loyola Chicago or St. Bonaventure ends up.  Hell RealtimeRPI had us 12-19 not too long ago!  They obviously didn't think the Big 10 was that down 2 months ago. 

There's no possible way Maryland should get in over us. That's just hilarious.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Side note after seeing the updated bubble watch... I don't even care about the double bye/#4 seed at this point. That doesn't matter. It's either (1) beat Penn State and live to see another day or (2) lose to Penn State and make miracles in the unrespected Big Ten conference.

Are we sure we really want to beat Penn St as a loss probably gets us closer to the field?  I am convinced the following chain of events need to happen for us to move into Lunardi's bracket:

1) Lose to Penn St - Duh, a good loss against a bubble team is better than a win against a mediocre Quad 3 team at home, at least this is how I understand the narrative will be.

2) Hope that Rutgers or Illinois advance to play us in the Big Tourney so that we can beat a last place or near last place team on a neutral court.

3) Lose a competitive game against one of the top 3 seeds because losses don't matter and wins likely only move us down the bracket at this point.

4) Zombie apocalypse 

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

2 hours ago, big red22 said:

What these idiot bracket guys like Lunardi, Ken Pomeroy and Jerry Palm need to start doing is add in the "How would (Insert Team) do with Nebraska's schedule" and see where a team like Buffalo, Loyola Chicago or St. Bonaventure ends up.  Hell RealtimeRPI had us 12-19 not too long ago!  They obviously didn't think the Big 10 was that down 2 months ago. 

Bracketologists remind me of having an argument with the wife.  The bad things you did, or the good things you didn't do in the past are always the first things brought up.  All the good things you've done recently don't mean squat.  The only way to get back in her good graces is to win the lottery, i.e. win the B1G Tourney.

12 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Bracketologists remind me of having an argument with the wife.  The bad things you did, or the good things you didn't do in the past are always the first things brought up.  All the good things you've done recently don't mean squat.  The only way to get back in her good graces is to win the lottery, i.e. win the B1G Tourney.

So much truth.

Purdue 9/Illinois 176- 6pm FS1 Purdue - 8 1/2  Need Illinois played them twice
Florida Gulf Coast 159/Stetson  325 - 6pm ESPN3  No line Need Stetson
North Texas 203/Florida International 297 - 6pm http://conferenceusa.com/watch/default.aspx?Live=3711&path=utsa may be premium only  FIU -2 Need N. Texas
South Dakota 91/South Dakota State 66 - 7pm ESPN Full Court/ESPN3  S. Dak St -2 1/2  Need South Dakota
Southern Miss 218/UT San Antonio  188 - 7pm http://conferenceusa.com/watch/default.aspx?Live=3630&path=utsa may be premium UTSA - 4 1/2  Need UTSA
Charlotte 324/Western Kentucky 56 - 7pm BeIN for those with that  W. Kentucky - 17 1/2  Need Charlotte
Murray State 69/Eastern Illinois  272 -7:30 http://ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=6317&type=Live  Murray St. -9  Need E. Illinois
Houston 19 /Memphis 116- 8-pm CBS Sports Network  Houston -6  Need Memphis
Washington 48/Stanford 94-  8 pm Pac 12 Network  Stanford -5 Need Stanford
UCLA  47/Utah  49 - 8pm ESPN  Utah - 2 1/2 I cannot tell what is best so lean with Fever since he sounds confident we need Utah
Chicago State  337/New Mexico State 47 - 8pm http://nmstatesports.com/watch/?Live=517&type=Live  no line Need Chicago St
Arizona State  28/Oregon 90 -10:30 FS1  Oregon - 3 1/2  Need Az. St
Long Beach State 201/Hawai'i   224- 11pm http://bigwest.sidearmstreaming.com/watch/?Live=493  Hawaii - 4 1/2  Need Long Beach ST.

others

Wisconsin 128 at Northwestern 127  6pm BTN Northwestern - 3 1/2  Need Wisconsin as we played them twice

Louisiana 41at Troy 221   7:15 ESPN3  Louisiana -7  Need Troy

Pepperdone 326 at St. Mary's  29  9pm http://www.wccsports.com/ot/upcoming-events.html  St. Mary's - 17 1/2 Need Pepperdine

5 hours ago, big red22 said:

One of the metrics, can’t remember which, maybe BPI, has a category ‘SOR’ strength or record, which does show how many teams would do better with your schedule. So if you are ranked “11” that means 10 teams would be expected to be better with your schedule. We were somewhere in the high 20’s last I remember. Could have been before Illinois.

2 minutes ago, Vinny said:

One of the metrics, can’t remember which, maybe BPI, has a category ‘SOR’ strength or record, which does show how many teams would do better with your schedule. So if you are ranked “11” that means 10 teams would be expected to be better with your schedule. We were somewhere in the high 20’s last I remember. Could have been before Illinois.

Yep. We're 34th now.

7 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Just ran the RPI wizard and eliminated Marist, Stetson, and Delaware St. from the schedule and we would be 41 instead of 61 if it is correct.  That is mind boggling.  

If so, certainly something the committee should take into consideration.  I mean we could play 3 Dll teams and it not count against our RPI.