Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

2 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Who in their right mind thought that this was a good idea?  Do they play all of their games there?

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Who in their right mind thought that this was a good idea?  Do they play all of their games there?

Quite a few teams play over ice rinks - I believe they have an insulating layer they place between the ice and the bottom of the floor. 

Occasionally, it can cause problems with condensation on the basketball floor if something malfunctions.

I doubt they have ice under the floor at Century Link anymore, but they did when UNO played hockey there. And they always have ice under the floor at Baxter Arena for the Mavs. I want to say Wisconsin hockey plays at the Kohl Center too.

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Just about every city that has both an NBA team and NHL team. I remember it being a concern years ago leading up to an NBA game (Celtics maybe?) but I think they resolved it before tip off and the game went on as planned.

It's been unseasonably warm in the northeast recently - Providence had a high temperature around 70 today.  Normally it hovers around freezing from mid November until the end of April so it's not a huge concern during hockey/basketball season.  Believe it or not air conditioning is not very common up there, so it wouldn't surprise me if Dunkin' Donuts arena has inadequate or no air conditioning.  (Having lived in Boston for a few years I can attest to this fact)  Warm humid air near the floor could cause condensation on the court similar to the sweat on a cold beverage on a hot humid day.

But I could be totally wrong and it's something completely different.  I'm only guessing here.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Does Iowa losing 19-2 at the under 12 minute timeout help us? 

I'm going to vote "yes".

John Crispin and whoever is doing PBP tonight (maybe Dave Revsine) for this game were talking about the B1G standings and what a great story Nebrasketball was and Crispin said (paraphrased) "they had all those transfers after last year and people were wondering what was going on, and I think what was going on was those dudes saw the talented transfers coming in and saw the writing on the wall..."

Lunardi's Bubble Watch as of Feb. 19:

Last Four Byes
Virginia Tech: vs Clemson, Saturday vs Louisville
Providence: Thursday vs Seton Hall, Saturday at Georgetown
Kansas State: vs Texas, Saturday at Oklahoma
NC State: vs Boston College, Sunday vs Florida State

Last Four In
Baylor: vs West Virginia, Saturday at TCU
Texas: at Kansas State, Saturday vs Oklahoma State
St. Bonaventure: vs Duquesne, Saturday at VCU
Syracuse: vs North Carolina, Saturday at Duke

First Four Out
UCLA: Thursday at Utah, Sunday at Colorado
USC: at Colorado, Saturday at Utah
Washington: Thursday at Stanford, Saturday at California
Nebraska: vs Indiana, Sunday vs Penn State

Next Four Out
Penn State: vs Michigan, Sunday at Nebraska
Utah: Thursday vs UCLA, Saturday vs USC
Boise State: at Colorado State, Tuesday at San Diego State
Georgia: at South Carolina, Saturday vs LSU

Edited by HuskerFever

Just now, HuskerFever said:

During the Colorado/USC broadcast: "I'm going to go with five (Pac-12 teams) at a minimum (come Selection Sunday)."

The other night I think I was watching Oregon play and Bill Walton said that 9 PAC-12 teams deserved a bid. I know he's way out there but he was serious and he actually said those words.

3 minutes ago, ajb5856 said:

The other night I think I was watching Oregon play and Bill Walton said that 9 PAC-12 teams deserved a bid. I know he's way out there but he was serious and he actually said those words.

If the Pac-12 wasn't so prominent on the bubble these past few weeks, there is no way I would deal with listening to Walton for more than 30 seconds.

21 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Lunardi's Bubble Watch as of Feb. 19:

Last Four Byes
Virginia Tech: vs Clemson, Saturday vs Louisville
Providence: Thursday vs Seton Hall, Saturday at Georgetown
Kansas State: vs Texas, Saturday at Oklahoma
NC State: vs Boston College, Sunday vs Florida State

Last Four In
Baylor: vs West Virginia, Saturday at TCU
Texas: at Kansas State, Saturday vs Oklahoma State
St. Bonaventure: vs Duquesne, Saturday at VCU
Syracuse: vs North Carolina, Saturday at Duke

First Four Out
UCLA: Thursday at Utah, Sunday at Colorado
USC: TODAY at Colorado, Saturday at Utah
Washington: Thursday at Stanford, Saturday at California
Nebraska: vs Indiana, Sunday vs Penn State

Next Four Out
Penn State: vs Michigan, Sunday at Nebraska
Utah: Thursday vs UCLA, Saturday vs USC
Boise State: at Colorado State, Tuesday at San Diego State
Georgia: at South Carolina, Saturday vs LSU

I know that was the last update up there but during the Syracuse-UNC broadcast they threw up a graphic with the last four in and first four out and we were no longer in the first four out. He had (at the time) UCLA, USC, Penn State, Washington. 

Of course that was before PSU went down but I was thrown off that he had switched things up without an official update of his bracket on espn. 

3 minutes ago, ajb5856 said:

I know that was the last update up there but during the Syracuse-UNC broadcast they threw up a graphic with the last four in and first four out and we were no longer in the first four out. He had (at the time) UCLA, USC, Penn State, Washington. 

Of course that was before PSU went down but I was thrown off that he had switched things up without an official update of his bracket on espn. 

I think he usually does Thursday updates.  So that might be his change for tomorrow.