Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

42 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I was thinking we wanted Notre Dame.  Miami was slipping but hope the fact you liked this result means it was sort of neutral.  

Miami appears to be around a 9 or 10 seed depending on where you look and if Notre Dame is knocking on the door of the bubble and brackets, I would rather see them just go quietly away from an already crowded bubble.  I just think Miami was pretty solidly in barring a collapse but if ND would have won, I would have been all aboard the Miami collapse train!

5 hours ago, royalfan said:

Miami  37/Notre Dame  61 -6pm ESPN Notre Dame - 4 1/2 Need Notre Dame
Maryland  67/Northwestern 116 - 6pm FS1 Pick em  Not really sure it matter much so will go with Fever's lean of Maryland
Coppin State 337/Delaware State  350  - 6:30 http://www.dsuhornets.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPID=5813&DB_OEM_ID=12900&db_oem_id=12900  no line need Delaware St.  My patience is thin after we lost, and now I have to endure this shit.  
Oklahoma 34/Kansas 6 - 8pm ESPN Kansas - 8 1/2  Need Kansas badly

Updated.

(Yes... the KU/OU game isn't over, but I'm calling it since Kansas already hit 100 points)

Oklahoma: The greatest 6-game streak losers in the tournament.

SOME BIG GAMES AHEAD!

Tuesday's Games of Interest:

Illinois/Michigan State - played Illinois twice and also keeping MSU out of #1
Rutgers/Ohio State - looking to get OSU in the #1 spot
West Virginia/Baylor - need to knock off Baylor
Mississippi State/Texas A&M - going with A&M here
Boston College/NC State - win/win game
Creighton/Butler - another win/win game
The Citadel/East Tennessee State - need to quiet ETSU
Buffalo/Miami (OH) - need to quiet Buffalo as well
Indiana/Nebraska - no brainer
Ole Miss/Missouri - need Ole Miss here
Kentucky/Arkansas - thinking I'll go with Arkansas here
Vanderbilt/LSU - going with Vandy
New Mexico/Wyoming - need to quiet Wyoming

Wednesday's Games of Interest:

Georgia/South Carolina - going with USC since UGA found themselves back on the bubble
Seton Hall/Providence - tough one, but going with Seton Hall
Texas Tech/Oklahoma State - knock off OSU
North Carolina/Syracuse - enough with Syracuse
Clemson/Virginia Tech - knock off VaTech
Michigan/Penn State - another tough one, but we need to win out anyway so going with Michigan
SMU/East Carolina - knock off SMU for good measure
Duquesne/St. Bonaventure - somebody's gotta beat the Bonnies
Binghamton/Vermont - beat Vermont
TCU/Iowa State - knock off TCU
Loyola-Chicago/Southern Illinois - enough with L-C
Alabama/Auburn - knock off Alabama
St. John's/Marquette - win/win
Louisville/Duke - enough with Louisville
Florida/Tennessee - knock off Florida
UCF/Tulsa - going with UCF to help us out
Texas/Kansas State - going with Texas to fall
Boise State/Colorado State - down with BSU
Fresno State/UNLV - knock off UNLV
USC/Colorado - need Colorado to win this one

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

16-11.  16 and fricking 11.  But they Big 12 is good and they have some quad 1 wins.  Blah Blah Blah

FTFY.

Yeah the big 12 is good, yada yada, but we continue to get no respect. 6 or 7 is the norm for the big ten on a usual year, so maybe we just set the bar so high as a conference...but even then, this is imho a 5 maybe 6 bid year. Not such a huge dropoff! and the big 12 is solid at the top, but not near the level of the elite conferences like the ACC.

Again, I feel like a lot of these conferences got too much of a permanent numbers boost early in the year with good non con records and the cross - conference challenges, and the rest of the season takes a back seat, in this strange backwards Quadrant/RPI bs system this year. National narrative is a joke. I hope the NCAA can find a way to fix this for next year, because it doesnt look great for selection sunday; gearing up to be a bit of a shit show this year with how it's looking.

"A down year for the big 10":lol::lol::lol: #classic.

7 hours ago, Wolv77 said:

Again, I feel like a lot of these conferences got too much of a permanent numbers boost early in the year with good non con records and the cross - conference challenges, and the rest of the season takes a back seat, in this strange backwards Quadrant/RPI bs system this year.

I definitely agree the early season numbers boost is an issue. Still, I find it hard not to believe the Big Ten is down. Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, and Iowa are typically much better than they are this year. Maryland is also below their standard. Northwestern is underperforming based on the bar they set last year. Yes, Nebraska and Penn State are pleasant surprises, but that's not enough to offset the disappointment of those other six programs.

33 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

I definitely agree the early season numbers boost is an issue. Still, I find it hard not to believe the Big Ten is down. Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, and Iowa are typically much better than they are this year. Maryland is also below their standard. Northwestern is underperforming based on the bar they set last year. Yes, Nebraska and Penn State are pleasant surprises, but that's not enough to offset the disappointment of those other six programs.

How good are Minny and Maryland without all the injuries and suspensions?

Wisconsin wins a few more games with their guard not injured as well.

Iowa  = Bad

Indiana I would argue is having a typical year.  Since we have joined, Indiana will have a really good year or two and then a bad year.  First year head coach as well.  Didn’t they have some injuries?

NW = Huskers year after dance.  Have heard they didn’t work as hard this off season.  But even that year, when the Huskers were picked high, it was “Huskers are back to being bad” not “B1G is down.”

I would argue that the B1G only appears down because of injuries and suspensions for the most part.  Also, most B1G teams get better as the year moves on.  So much weight is placed on early games.

Like most things in our world today, it’s all about the narrative the media is feeding you.  It has been hashed over and over here.  Other good teams at the end of their conference = parity this year.  B1G teams that are usually good at the end = down conference.  I think that the media has hashed out so much that the B1G is down that people just believe it and don’t look at the whole picture.  In every conference there is good teams still good, good teams that are down, and surprise teams.  Either every conference needs to be “down” or every conference has “parity.”  Don’t tell me an entire conference is down because of a few rotten results 2-3 months ago.

49 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I would argue that the B1G only appears down because of injuries and suspensions for the most part.  Also, most B1G teams get better as the year moves on.  So much weight is placed on early games.

Your entire post was just an explanation for why the Big Ten is down lol. Nobody ever claimed that injuries weren't to blame.

Illinois 179/Michigan State  15- 6pm ESPN  Michigan St. - 16   Need Illinois
Rutgers 208/Ohio State  20 - 6pm BTN  Ohio St. - 14 1/2  Need Rutgers due to playing twice for the metrics.  This is an educated guess that one seed not in play
West Virginia  33/Baylor  47-   6pm ESPN 2  Need West Virginia
 Mississippi State 71/Texas A&M  21- 6pm SEC Network  Texas AM - 6 1/2  Due to AM being solidly in for some reason, we need them to win I guess
Boston College 94/NC State  61-  6pm ESPN Full Court/ESPN 3   NC St -5 Need Boston College badly
Creighton 39/Butler   36- 6pm FS1  Butler -6 Need Creighton
The Citadel  295/East Tennessee State  63 -  6pm ESPN3  E. Tenn St -18  Need The Citadel
Buffalo 29/Miami (OH)  163- 6pm ESPN3  Buffalo -6 Need Miami(OH)
Ole Miss  122/Missouri  24 - 8pm ESPN2  Missouri - 7 1/2  Need Ole Miss
Kentucky 18/Arkansas 26 - 8pm ESPN Arkansas - 5 1/2  Lean Kentucky as I could more easily see Arkansas losing games down the stretch
Vanderbilt  104/LSU  75 - 8pm SEC Network  LSU -4.5 Need Vandy
New Mexico  185/Wyoming  84 - 8pm AT&T sportsnetwork Wyoming - 4 1/2  Need New Mexico

7 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Yeah, I think there is some truth to it being somewhat down, which is a reality husker fans need to accept. However, I believe it has been blown way out of perspective on a national stage, and moreover that numbers problem with RPI and the much maligned new quadrant system has made the B1G look even worse, which is unfair. That's the crux of the issue. 

5 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

Yeah, I think there is some truth to it being somewhat down, which is a reality husker fans need to accept. However, I believe it has been blown way out of perspective on a national stage, and moreover that numbers problem with RPI and the much maligned new quadrant system has made the B1G look even worse, which is unfair. That's the crux of the issue. 

I've definitely heard more Nebraska fans complaining about the media bashing the Big Ten than I've actually heard the media bashing the Big Ten. They're calling us the 5th best conference, and they're saying we're probably only going to get four teams in. Is that really overblowing it? Are there really more than four teams deserving of a bid right now? Yeah, you can argue that Nebraska and Penn State are playing tournament-quality ball. But everything considered, they are definitely bubble teams and IMO deserve to be on the outside looking in right now.

7 hours ago, northwillriseagain said:

^^^ tweet loaded weird, he was asked, which team has the best chance at a bubble run late.

^^^ the idiot was asked, what does Nebraska have to do to get into the tournament.

so by his answer and our schedule. We’re in.

I'm pretty sure Oklahoma lost to Iowa State, who is in last place in the Big 12.  By that logic, Oklahoma should not be in the tournament.

Is he really that great of a bracketologist.  He claims to be this guru.  You have 32 at large bids.  The average basketball fan could get 28 of the teams in the tournament.  He got a job with ESPN before these bracketologists came in vogue.  He predicted a good percentage of teams, and now is the bible, according to people.