Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

Updated Fever for RPI, lines, how to watch, game time and who I feel is best for us.  We should get a slight boost today in things that don't involve our game as the last component of RPI will go up, which is our opponents opponents as we just have 4 quality Big 10 teams in action today.  If we can get a nice win on the road, we will move forward a little after yesterday disaster.  

Ohio State 19 /Michigan  38 - 12pm CBS  Michigan - 3 1/2   I think I prefer Ohio St. but it is highly debatable.  This game will largely determine what we want Michigan to do the rest of the way.  If NW had held on yesterday, I might be rooting the otherway.  At the end of the day, neither result seems good or bad here. 
DePaul 181/Seton Hall 24 - 12pm FS1  Seton Hall - 10 1/2  We want DePaul
Hartford  220/Vermont 42 -  1pm ESPN3  No line need Hartford
Houston/Temple -3pm CBS Sports network  Houston -2  I think Temple, as I don't think they are likely to make it even with a win here.  
Loyola-Chigalo 49/Evansville  124- 3pm ESPN 3 Loyola -5 1/2  We want Evansville to erase any doubt about 2 bid league 
Pittsburgh/Florida State - 5pm ESPNU FSU -22  Waste of time here, pitt sucks but need them
Penn State/Purdue - 7pm BTN  Purdue - 8 1/2  Not really sure what to make of this.  I think given that we are going to probably need to win that Penn St. game to go dancing, I think Penn St. better for us.  Also, it could make a loss in that game, followed by a win in tourney a path for us, as we loss against a piping hot Penn St. team might not be looked at as unfavorably.  Damn, if only we had won at Penn St.  Carr just had to toss in that deep strange looking three up against shot clock in OT after we had taken I believe a 4 point lead to get them right back in it.  Dagger of the year right there, aside from Kansas game.  

5 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Quick check-in:

Ohio State/Michigan 28-33 Halftime
DePaul/Seton Hall 38-42 18:56 2nd
Hartford/Vermont 4-0 19:05 1st
Houston/Temple 3 p.m. CST
Loyola-Chicago/Evansville 4 p.m. CST
Pittsburgh/Florida State 5 p.m. CST
Penn State/Purdue 7 p.m. CST

Rooting hard for Depaul to DETHRONE THE ALMIGHTY SETON HALL. Thats lost 4 in a row and is Creighton's best win.

Numbers 2 and 4 for Michigan need Nair.  Because if you dare wear short shorts.
If I recall, those were the two I remember thinking we were an awkward twist or kick away from finding out if they were Jewish. I mean, your shorts don't have to be halfway down your calves but dang, they practically needed a car hood to slide across on their way to the basket.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Quick check-in:

Ohio State/Michigan 28-33 Halftime
DePaul/Seton Hall 38-42 18:56 2nd
Hartford/Vermont 4-0 19:05 1st

Update:

Ohio State/Michigan 62-74 Final
DePaul/Seton Hall 77-82 Final

Hartford/Vermont 46-47 13:41 2nd

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I know there are differing opinions on this, but that Michigan over OSU win was huge for us. Michigan RPI should be top 30 now, and us not having a goose egg next to Tier 1 will help us tremendously. 

If we want Michigan to be top 30, then I think we need them to win out in the regular season. Otherwise, if they lose one more game, they may still be top 30 at the end of the regular season but I believe a loss to Nebraska in the BTT will then drop them back out of the top 30 again.

1 minute ago, HuskerActuary said:

If we want Michigan to be top 30, then I think we need them to win out in the regular season. Otherwise, if they lose one more game, they may still be top 30 at the end of the regular season but I believe a loss to Nebraska in the BTT will then drop them back out of the top 30 again.

If they win out they project as 23rd RPI, Im probably going to continue to root for that. I think it will be a lot easier for the committee to point to 0 tier one wins as the reason we didn't make the dance. 

8 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

This quadrant stuff is idiotic. That’s all I have to say to the committee.

You already factor in a flawed, but useful, RPI. Now, they factor the RPI in another way.

Edited by northwillriseagain

Just now, hskr4life said:

Vermont is currently down 1.  Hartford missed a 3.  Guy tries diving and calling TO for Hartford to save possession.  Ref says he is on the line.  Review in progress.  Huge call coming up.

Didn't give him TO... Hartford blocks 2 shots on last Vermont possession.

Hartford wins!