Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

1 minute ago, Wolv77 said:

Just caught the halftime highlights on espn after the end of that Wisconsin upset. And the Nlions are taking the bucknuts to the woodshed. Wow. 42-19 half. I kind of saw this coming from a red hot and motivated Penn State squad, but daymn... gonna catch the end at home after I get off. 

Think that Nebraska/Penn State game will end up being a play in game for the NCAA’s.

14 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

Think that Nebraska/Penn State game will end up being a play in game for the NCAA’s.

Seriously!! It's gonna be SUCH a big game and I'm so happy that scheduling worked out just so perfectly  (like it did 4 years ago) to put a huge one at the end. This is gonna be so fun!! 

GBR

Just now, Wolv77 said:

Purdue is so down. Isn't that loss #3 in a row? But it also means it's a tough conference, not that you'll hear that from the self proclaimed "expert bracketologists"

I just think it shows how hard it is to get through the year in the Big 10, especially with the compact schedules.

I still think most of the conferences are pretty even, some just know how to use the RPI to their advantage *cough big east cough* and others are worried about playing at MSG.

3 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

The last thing you'd want would be for Penn State to come in to Lincoln with an 11-6 conference record.  Not only would they have the 5 seed locked down so we'd have to play them twice in a row, but they'd be plenty motivated with the chance of an at large bid.  And if they get in...we don't.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

Just now, Dead Dog Alley said:

The last thing you'd want would be for Penn State to come in to Lincoln with an 11-6 conference record.  Not only would they have the 5 seed locked down, but they'd be plenty motivated with the chance of an at large bid.  And if they get in...we don't.

I don't necessarily agree with this.  I think there is a way that both could get in.  Especially if they get really hot and we stay hot.

14 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

But Kentucky on a 3-game losing streak just shows how strong the SEC is.

Honestly, and I believe this to be true because of all my years of experience in life seeing the crazy, haywire, crazy beast that is college ball, but am just convinced that it's something that's almost always completely random and unpredictable. The experts just do the best they can, armed with the data they get, but the margin that separates some dude on his couch and a computer and an espn basketball analyst is fairly thin. Those guys just do it more often. Not meant to diss the profession, more to point out just how difficult it is. Filling out brackets wouldn't be such a big thing and global gambling opportunity if it wasn't pretty tough and low-probability

15 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

Their schedule would move that up in a hurry if they keep winning. 

...just like us, but cranked up 5 notches. They play the best teams in the conference to close out. Their tourney probability is low, simply because it's so backloaded. Yeah, we're not out of the woods yet, this is going to be tough. But the positive thing is that if we win 2 and then cap it with Penn State, that can only help our RPI with a win there. That's a pretty impressive record there in early March. I'd rather sit back and enjoy the big ten tourney without worrying whether we get in and instead on improving our seed. So let's just win out. PSU is gonna be solo awesome. No sit Sunday, redux!