Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

Wow!  St. John's!  Really doing us a solid this week!

This is what is great about college basketball and also what would make Nebraska running the table really remarkable.  It's just hard to consistently win on the road and if you finish the season winning 9 in a row and 12  of your final 13, that is worthy of being in the tournament and not in the first four play in games.

Just now, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This is what is great about college basketball and also what would make Nebraska running the table really remarkable.  It's just hard to consistently win on the road and if you finish the season winning 9 in a row and 12  of your final 13, that is worthy of being in the tournament and not in the first four play in games.

Nova was at home 

18 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Nova was at home 

Wow, I was running around and got my updates in here and didn't catch that.  What a remarkable 2 game stretch for St. John's.  Too bad we can't trade St. John's two of our wins for two of their losses as long as they also give us the road win at Nova.

3 minutes ago, royalfan said:

creighton fixing to undo a lot of the St. Johns win.  That entire league is vastly overrated in relation to this Big 10 at this point in the season.  

DePaul’s Maric any relation to Aleks? I see they both have some Croatian decent.

Edited by northwillriseagain

Exciting ending to the Purdue/OSU game. I will say this - the Haarms kid from Purdue is a major tool. It is very easy to despise him. When you are 7'3" and block a shot by a kid a foot shorter than you, is there really a need to do 50 fist pumps and repeatedly scream "get that weak s... out of here?" Perhaps the most hate-able player in college basketball. 

2 minutes ago, Coaches kid said:

Exciting ending to the Purdue/OSU game. I will say this - the Haarms kid from Purdue is a major tool. It is very easy to despise him. When you are 7'3" and block a shot by a kid a foot shorter than you, is there really a need to do 50 fist pumps and repeatedly scream "get that weak s... out of here?" Perhaps the most hate-able player in college basketball. 

Jack:mellow:wagon level yet?

Crazy thought. But do you think we don't want games that we lost to end up being tier 1? If we are going to have 1 or 0 tier 1 wins, does it look better if we had fewer opportunities?

I realize that those losses will technically be worse, and there are a lot of other reasons why this shouldn't make sense.

But I just don't want the committee to look at our resume and say, "well they took care of all the teams they should, but they aren't capable of beating tournament caliber teams." 

1 minute ago, nuhusker7 said:

Crazy thought. But do you think we don't want games that we lost to end up being tier 1? If we are going to have 1 or 0 tier 1 wins, does it look better if we had fewer opportunities?

I realize that those losses will technically be worse, and there are a lot of other reasons why this shouldn't make sense.

But I just don't want the committee to look at our resume and say, "well they took care of all the teams they should, but they aren't capable of beating tournament caliber teams." 

The only teams within 10 RPI positions of a Tier change is Michigan, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Boston College. There's little chance we'll see any more current losses show up in Tier 1. We can hope for Michigan and Northwestern to move over to Tier 1 however.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

The only teams within 10 RPI positions of a Tier change is Michigan, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Boston College. There's little chance we'll see any more current losses show up in Tier 1. We can hope for Michigan and Northwestern to move over to Tier 1 however.

The reason I brought this up was because St. John's skyrocketed tonight to Tier 1.

But that is a good point, hopefully 1 or more of them will move up to tier 1.

Edited by nuhusker7

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:
On 2/5/2018 at 11:53 PM, HuskerFever said:

Wednesday's Games:

Maryland/Penn State - toss up, but I'll default to the "we play them twice" pick

LSU/Florida - Florida just fell out of the Top 25, keep it coming

St. John's/Villanova - they beat Duke, now do it again!

Virginia/Florida State - need FSU to start losing games again

Wake Forest/Miami - Wake Forest needs to beat some ACC opponents

Marquette/Seton Hall - Marquette is teetering on the bubble

Saint Louis/St. Bonaventure - St. Bonaventure is also teetering on the bubble

Kansas State/Texas - on the fence for this one, default to "down with Texas"

Ohio State/Purdue - just a great matchup to keep on your radar, picking Purdue to get the high NCAA tourney seed

Georgia/Vanderbilt - Georgia is hot and cold on the bubble

Texas A&M/Auburn - Texas A&M teetering on the bubble

NC State/Virginia Tech - this one is tough, maybe NC State since they seem solidly in?

Updating this post throughout the night.

Also adding @royalfan's "others":

Creighton at Depaul  8 FS1  Creighton - 6 1/2  We want Creighton(puke in mouth)

Utah St at Wyoming 8 pm http://gowyo.com/sports/2017/9/1/mountain-west-digital-network.aspx  Wyoming - 4 1/2  Want Utah St

Drake at Loyola-Chicago  7 pm  ESPN Full Court/ESPN 3/Watch Espn  Loyoloa -11 We want Drake

Not one of the best days we could've asked for. More bubble teams getting big Tier 1 wins.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:08 AM, HuskerFever said:

Thursday's Games:

Pittsburgh/Clemson - doesn't really matter, but why not?

Georgia Tech/Louisville - Georgia Tech would be lucky to make the NIT

Marist/Saint Peter's - need Marist to win more than 5 games in a season

Stetson/South Carolina Upstate - win/win for us

Eastern Illinois/SIU-Edwardsville - win/win for us

North Texas/UAB - win/win for us

Florida Atlantic/Western Kentucky - WKU is still hanging on the bubble

SMU/Houston - tricky but Houston is currently 'in' and SMU on the bubble, both teams still play each other twice and both still play Cincinnati, SMU has Wichita State remaining, going with Houston to perform better long term

CSU Bakersfield/New Mexico State - NMSU is in the field right now

Sacramento State/Montana State - win/win for us

North Dakota/Weber State - win/win for us

UCLA/Arizona - really need Arizona to win this one

Washington/Oregon - sure would be nice if Oregon won this one

USC/Arizona State - tricky one, ASU is trending downward but they're likely making a splash in the tourney

Friday's Games:

Minnesota/Indiana - using the "we play Minnesota twice" logic

Go enjoy some hoops this week! Much more to come on the weekend!

Bump.