Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

18 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

I don't like that.

It's apparently no longer important to hold serve at home.

The B1G should get together next year and decide that all road teams will win all the conference games. 

No one finishes below .500 in conference (because conference record really isn't important any more), and everyone gets an assload of road wins.

17 hours ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I am not a Creighton fan, at all, but Rasmussen is not a bad dude.  I think something wild is going to happen though just based on the crazy bubble.  USA Today guy has Creighton out (with Rasmussen the chair :)) and Lunardi has them as an 8.  The something wild I hope happens is St. Mary's and Oklahoma and ASU out with us in.

Not a bad dude but clearly not competent in heading this.  Had all the wrong metrics being used too much(rpi to base quads) had them weigh all games evenly,  not having them use common sense etc.  turned into some over analytic math problem based on the wrong data to compute the problem.  Unmitigated disaster as I suspected it would be since hearing him make a fool of himself when that initial 16 was realeased when he mentioned quads about 50 teams.  

15 hours ago, throwback said:

With the regular season we had, our only shot probably was beat Michigan & MSU & reach the final in the Big Ten Tourney. That may have put us in Dayton, but I"m not 100% sure. We might have had to win the whole thing in NYC to get in as it turns out.

I believe that we would have had to have won the whole thing based on things have transpired. 

USC was in the PAC 12 Championship and lost and still didn't get in.

Just now, royalfan said:

Yep it probably saved me a remote through a tv by losing to Michigan 

And that my friends is why the entire system is wrong.  At 24-10, with wins over Michigan, Michigan, and Michigan State, we would have been sweating it out more than we though on Selection Sunday.  Something has got to change.  When a team with 15 losses and not 20 wins would have been in over a 24-10 team in a Power 6 conference, then something has to change.