Jump to content
hhctony

Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, atskooc said:

What are the odds that Miles' getting run in our last trip to the tourney has soured the committee's taste in us?

 

Might that have an affect on any decision making?  Of course they wouldn't admit to it.  Just wondering.

Gawd I hope not. Was more of a Karl Hess being a d***. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edited to show games through February 6. Nebraska currently 54 in RPI. Things to watch here with the tiers: We need Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin to stay under 160 for the home wins (keep them in tier 3) and Long Beach State staying under 200 would be a bonus as well. Boston College has dropped to a tier 3 game. Would need to get back to 75 for tier 2 consideration.

 

Tier 1 (0-5): Michigan State (20), Creighton (23), Kansas (8), Purdue (9), Ohio State (22). REMAINING: none.

Tier 2 (3-3): St. Johns (94), UCF (67), at Northwestern (82), Penn State (100), Michigan (39), at Minnesota (126). REMAINING: vs. Maryland (58).

Tier 3 (8-0): Boston College (84), Minnesota (126), (n) Long Beach State (197), at Rutgers (208), Iowa (149), Illinois (156), Wisconsin (159), at Wisconsin (159). REMAINING: at Illinois (156), vs. Indiana (109), vs. Penn State (100). 

Tier 4 (7-0): Eastern Illinois (277), North Texas (210), North Dakota (217), (n) Marist (320), UTSA (200), Delaware State (351), Stetson (326). REMAINING: vs. Rutgers (208).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

158.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

49. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Don't be surprised when Nebraska is right there in line for an NCAA tournament bid. The Huskers are good. James Palmer and Isaac Copeland have made a big difference this season. The question will be this: Has Nebraska beaten enough quality teams, or did it just not lose to a bunch of average teams? If Nebraska can get to 12 Big Ten wins, it will all come down to the Big Ten Tournament in New York.

 

 

Jay Bilas thinks Nebrasketball is a top 50 team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bracketology_Men.html

 

I don't know about you all, but if the season ended today and this was the brackets.... I WOULD NOT MIND THIS AT ALL.  What a set up this would be for the huskers.

 

WEST MIDWEST
Raleigh Des Moines
1 Auburn(21-2) Southeastern 1 Xavier(22-3) Big East
16 S.F. Austin(14-5) Southland 16 Lipscomb(12-9) Atlantic Sun
8 Seton Hall(17-6) Big East 8 TCU(16-8) Big 12
9 St. Mary's(23-2) West Coast 9 Providence(16-8) Big East
Denver Oklahoma City
5 Arizona St.(17-6) Pacific-12 5 Ohio St.(20-5) Big Ten
12 Arkansas(16-8) Southeastern / Nebraska(18-8) Big Ten 12 Buffalo(17-6) Mid-American
4 Rhode Island(19-3) Atlantic 10 4 N. Carolina(17-7) Atlantic Coast
13 Vermont(18-5) America East 13 Rider(17-7) Metro Atlantic Athletic
Denver Providence
6 Creighton(17-6) Big East 6 Cincinnati(22-2) American Athletic
11 Florida St.(17-6) Atlantic Coast 11 St. Bonaventure(16-6) Atlantic 10 / Houston(17-5) American Athletic
3 Arizona(19-5) Pacific-12 3 Michigan St.(23-3) Big Ten
14 Murray St.(16-5) Ohio Valley 14 La Lafayet.(18-3) Sun Belt
St. Louis Spokane
7 Texas A&M(15-8) Southeastern 7 Missouri(15-8) Southeastern
10 Boise St.(19-4) Mountain West 10 USC(17-7) Pacific-12
2 Kansas(19-5) Big 12 2 Duke(19-4) Atlantic Coast
15 Wright St.(16-7) Horizon League 15 Wagner(15-6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bracketology_Men.html

 

I don't know about you all, but if the season ended today and this was the brackets.... I WOULD NOT MIND THIS AT ALL.  What a set up this would be for the huskers.

 

WEST MIDWEST
Raleigh Des Moines
1 Auburn(21-2) Southeastern 1 Xavier(22-3) Big East
16 S.F. Austin(14-5) Southland 16 Lipscomb(12-9) Atlantic Sun
8 Seton Hall(17-6) Big East 8 TCU(16-8) Big 12
9 St. Mary's(23-2) West Coast 9 Providence(16-8) Big East
Denver Oklahoma City
5 Arizona St.(17-6) Pacific-12 5 Ohio St.(20-5) Big Ten
12 Arkansas(16-8) Southeastern / Nebraska(18-8) Big Ten 12 Buffalo(17-6) Mid-American
4 Rhode Island(19-3) Atlantic 10 4 N. Carolina(17-7) Atlantic Coast
13 Vermont(18-5) America East 13 Rider(17-7) Metro Atlantic Athletic
Denver Providence
6 Creighton(17-6) Big East 6 Cincinnati(22-2) American Athletic
11 Florida St.(17-6) Atlantic Coast 11 St. Bonaventure(16-6) Atlantic 10 / Houston(17-5) American Athletic
3 Arizona(19-5) Pacific-12 3 Michigan St.(23-3) Big Ten
14 Murray St.(16-5) Ohio Valley 14 La Lafayet.(18-3) Sun Belt
St. Louis Spokane
7 Texas A&M(15-8) Southeastern 7 Missouri(15-8) Southeastern
10 Boise St.(19-4) Mountain West 10 USC(17-7) Pacific-12
2 Kansas(19-5) Big 12 2 Duke(19-4) Atlantic Coast
15 Wright St.(16-7) Horizon League 15 Wagner(15-6)

 

Just an fyi that the tournament sites listed are not accurate.  I would love to see Nebraska come to Denver because I live very close but alas, those sites are several years old.  Below is where 1st/2nd round games will be played for those of you pricing flights already :D.  Also, I would love the draw as well outlined above.  Give me a middle of the pack team from an over-rated SEC conference followed by a struggling Az State any day.  However, I'd really love more to avoid the play in game but beggers can't be choosers!

 

1st/2nd Round Sites:  Pittsburgh, Wichita, Dallas, Boise, Charlotte, Detroit, Nashville, San Diego

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the thing to remember here - and someone probably wrote this already several pages back - is that each bracket guy has his/her own criteria.

 

Some base it on if the tourney started today. Some are projecting to what may happen at the end of the season. Some are going solely off projected RPI/KenPom/etc. Some try to figure in conference tournament results/some don't.  Some are using their guts/eye tests.

 

In most of these criteria, we aren't going to be successful with them. Our numbers now aren't good enough. And I believe most of our projections still have us at only 21 wins max, which isn't going to be good enough. 

 

The only brackets we're going to be in right now are those that use a bit of eye test/gut feeling, who actually look at our schedule & how well we've been playing and say, I think those guys can get to 22/23/24+ wins - so many wins that the committee can't ignore it. And who knows how many bracket projections use the eye test.

 

So I'm not all that worried about how many brackets we're in right now. If we keep winning, they'll have to put is in eventually.

 

(That doesn't mean I don't like reading about it, so please keep the updates coming, as I'm far too lazy to look at it myself.) :D 

Edited by throwback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, royalfan said:

Selection show a two hour affair on TBS with NBA guys that don't know what they are talking about.  

Didn't CBS try the 2-hour show 2-3 years ago, and someone leaked the bracket onto the Internet before it was over? 

 

Hopefully they don't draw out the selections over the entire 2 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, royalfan said:

Selection show a two hour affair on TBS with NBA guys that don't know what they are talking about.  

 

Ernie: So, your number one seed in the East is Virginia

Kenny: Their style of play is hard to watch if you like offense

Shaq: Sounds like your fashion style Charles

Barkley: You dummy

Shaq: (Throws a turkey sandwich)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

 

Ernie: So, your number one seed in the East is Virginia

Kenny: Their style of play is hard to watch if you like offense

Shaq: Sounds like your fashion style Charles

Barkley: You dummy

Shaq: (Throws a turkey sandwich)

 

That scene is totally unrealistic.  There's no way that Kenny has seen Virginia enough to know their style of play.  The rest could easily happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, throwback said:

I think the thing to remember here - and someone probably wrote this already several pages back - is that each bracket guy has his/her own criteria.

 

Some base it on if the tourney started today. Some are projecting to what may happen at the end of the season. Some are going solely off projected RPI/KenPom/etc. Some try to figure in conference tournament results/some don't.  Some are using their guts/eye tests.

 

In most of these criteria, we aren't going to be successful with them. Our numbers now aren't good enough. And I believe most of our projections still have us at only 21 wins max, which isn't going to be good enough. 

 

The only brackets we're going to be in right now are those that use a bit of eye test/gut feeling, who actually look at our schedule & how well we've been playing and say, I think those guys can get to 22/23/24+ wins - so many wins that the committee can't ignore it. And who knows how many bracket projections use the eye test.

 

So I'm not all that worried about how many brackets we're in right now. If we keep winning, they'll have to put is in eventually.

 

(That doesn't mean I don't like reading about it, so please keep the updates coming, as I'm far too lazy to look at it myself.) :D 

 

I think that a lot of them use the "if the tourney started today" method.  It's pretty tough to project forward with all the variables.  300+ teams, who are playing each other and therefore knocking each other in and out of contention.  I don't blame them for going purely off games already played rather than projecting forward.  And I can completely understand why we wouldn't be in the field with our current resume.  But if we finish up 5-1 or 6-1, and other bubble teams go 3-3 or so during that stretch...well, I like our chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Rutgers game scares me more than any other game on the schedule.  Rutgers is capable of beating anyone at any time, pretty much like St. John's!

 

Do I think they are they are team with the best chance of beating us left on our schedule, No.  I do however think they are not a gimme game, and if we lose to them it could be devastating to our resume!  I think we are in the tournament if we go 4-1 as long as that loss is not to Rutgers.  So I really hope Miles goes for the jugular in this game and plays them as if we were playing Duke. 

 

Man these games are getting stressful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, big red22 said:

This Rutgers game scares me more than any other game on the schedule.  Rutgers is capable of beating anyone at any time, pretty much like St. John's!

 

Do I think they are they are team with the best chance of beating us left on our schedule, No.  I do however think they are not a gimme game, and if we lose to them it could be devastating to our resume!  I think we are in the tournament if we go 4-1 as long as that loss is not to Rutgers.  So I really hope Miles goes for the jugular in this game and plays them as if we were playing Duke. 

 

Man these games are getting stressful!

 

LOL, this is the easiest game left on our schedule.  It's gonna be a long month for some of you guys! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please for the life of me someone explain why Lunardi has Syracuse list ahead of us on his bracketology. 

Hit this link to compare these two resumes.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/NEB/CUSE

 

Quick version:

Nebraska: 1-5 vs. RPI (1-50); 2-3 vs. RPI (51-100); 7-0 vs. RPI (101-200)

Syracuse: 2-5 vs. RPI (1-50) *One of those is Buffalo...; 4-1 vs. RPI (51-100); 8-2 vs. RPI (101-200) Losses to 116 Wake Forest and 140 Georgia Tech.

 

I don't see what some bracketologists favor over the others. Because they have 1 more top 50 win it just negates those poor losses they have? We are doing what we can with the cards that were dealt to us, how can we be faulted for that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Timforthewin said:

Please for the life of me someone explain why Lunardi has Syracuse list ahead of us on his bracketology. 

Hit this link to compare these two resumes.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/NEB/CUSE

 

Quick version:

Nebraska: 1-5 vs. RPI (1-50); 2-3 vs. RPI (51-100); 7-0 vs. RPI (101-200)

Syracuse: 2-5 vs. RPI (1-50) *One of those is Buffalo...; 4-1 vs. RPI (51-100); 8-2 vs. RPI (101-200) Losses to 116 Wake Forest and 140 Georgia Tech.

 

I don't see what some bracketologists favor over the others. Because they have 1 more top 50 win it just negates those poor losses they have? We are doing what we can with the cards that were dealt to us, how can we be faulted for that?

 

 

I'm not sure if you've heard it more than 10 times every single day, but apparently the Big Ten is down this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big red22 said:

This Rutgers game scares me more than any other game on the schedule.  Rutgers is capable of beating anyone at any time, pretty much like St. John's!

I'm not overly concerned about any of the home games, other than maybe Penn St. Rutgers doesn't really have the athletes to match up with NU. That's not to say something stranget can't happen, it could, but I don't expect them to put up too much of a fight. They've really been trending in a bad way on the road since their visit to Michigan St. The game that's a little scary to me is Illinois.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Timforthewin said:

Please for the life of me someone explain why Lunardi has Syracuse list ahead of us on his bracketology. 

Hit this link to compare these two resumes.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/NEB/CUSE

 

Quick version:

Nebraska: 1-5 vs. RPI (1-50); 2-3 vs. RPI (51-100); 7-0 vs. RPI (101-200)

Syracuse: 2-5 vs. RPI (1-50) *One of those is Buffalo...; 4-1 vs. RPI (51-100); 8-2 vs. RPI (101-200) Losses to 116 Wake Forest and 140 Georgia Tech.

 

I don't see what some bracketologists favor over the others. Because they have 1 more top 50 win it just negates those poor losses they have? We are doing what we can with the cards that were dealt to us, how can we be faulted for that?

 

Played 1 more game versus the top 100 and have twice as many wins against them... doesnt really seem like a crime to me.

Edited by khoock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, khoock said:

v. Rutgers: 85-90% chance we that one

 

v. Maryland: 70% chance we win

 

v. Indiana: 75-80% chance we win

 

@ Illinois: 55% chance we win

 

v. Penn State: 60-65% chance we win.

 

Thats my take on it.

 

 

So between 3.45-3.6 more wins in the regular season. Seems fairly in line with the robots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On quick glance I didn't see this on here already.  The official team sheets are updated and available online.  They are in one pdf file so I could attach the whole thing as it was over the size limit.  Image of Nebraska is below.  Paints a pretty stark picture. 

I would guess we want:

UCF to stay Q2 so it doesn't become a lower level loss

Michigan to move back up to Q1

Maybe root for Penn State to have a little run (they have OSU, MSU, Purdue on road and OSU at home still!) then we avenge our road loss at home...

 

Need to keep wining no matter what happens! 

 

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/SitePages/Home.aspx

 

 

Neb teamsheet Feb 7.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×