Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

26 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

Shoot. Not an encouraging interview with Bruce. At the 1:45 mark, when asked about what the committee looked at to decide what bubble teams were most deserving, the first two things he brought up were results away from home and results against teams in the tournament. Not good for us

We actually did better away from home than some bubble teams.  4 conference road wins and 2 neutral court wins.

35 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

Shoot. Not an encouraging interview with Bruce. At the 1:45 mark, when asked about what the committee looked at to decide what bubble teams were most deserving, the first two things he brought up were results away from home and results against teams in the tournament. Not good for us

Maybe we were already discussed a d selected in the field in that mid-week update and they're talking about the team's actually on the bubble?

One can only hope!

10 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I want a shot at these SEC/Big 12 bubble teams in Dayton so bad.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yeah.  I wonder if there was any talk of “settling” the bad and good conferences on the court....  I really just want a shot at those Big 12/SEC teams.

Heck, I'd even take a #3/#14 matchup with Xavier at this point. :wacko:

We have a record about like Northwestern had last year as perennial losers with a clean record and an appealing coach. This was played up by the media last year to generate interest for an early game and play up the "lovable loser" image. How can an entire league become so disrespected in one year that this angle would not work as well for us this year? But we'll see. Nods will probably go to those good guys at Oklahoma, Louisville, and Syracuse this year.

21 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I think BTN and the Big Ten is partially to blame as well.

No matter how this shakes out, Moos and Miles have a big gripe with the Big Ten, no support for Nebraska from the BTN team and really poor support from the conference in terms publicity. It’s insane to me that the 4th place, 13 win BIG TEN team is even sweating a bid, it’s amazing. 

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

Last thing mentioned on Gameday was Greenberg propping us up and Reese Davis saying he really would like to see us get a shot as they left the air.  Unfortunately, it doesn't matter as the teams are already selected but was kind of cool.  I always have like Davis.  

Yep.  He also mentioned the Minny win.  He gets it.  He didn't say he would select us, but he pretty much said it's a joke that we're not even considered by Joe Joe.  

2 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Some other very troubling indicators that we are not making it.  100 gets 4000 on St Bonaventure not to make it.  100 gets 1100 on Texas not to make it.  100 gets 350 on St. Mary not to make it.  100 gets 425 on OU not to make it

2 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Some other very troubling indicators that we are not making it.  100 gets 4000 on St Bonaventure not to make it.  100 gets 1100 on Texas not to make it.  100 gets 350 on St. Mary not to make it.  100 gets 425 on OU not to make it

No disrespect to Vegas,but they're more concerned with perception than reality.