Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

If we are truly a team deserving to be in the tournament, we'll find a way to beat Penn State at home and Michigan in the tournament. I have faith that we will. That will shut up the mega nerd Lunardi for sure. I'm going to ignore him for now. However, this thread trashing Lunardi is quite comical, and if you do a quick Google search "Joe Lunardi sucks", you'll find we aren't the only college hoops thread that likes to rant about this overrated poindexter :D

20 minutes ago, Ben Zobrist said:

If we are truly a team deserving to be in the tournament, we'll find a way to beat Penn State at home and Michigan in the tournament. I have faith that we will. That will shut up the mega nerd Lunardi for sure. I'm going to ignore him for now. However, this thread trashing Lunardi is quite comical, and if you do a quick Google search "Joe Lunardi sucks", you'll find we aren't the only college hoops thread that likes to rant about this overrated poindexter :D

You know we all feel that way, but in turn why doesn't anything that we have already have done matter?  I get it that we need to keep winning, but I don't like the fact that if we lose to a hot Michigan team in the tournament we supposedly are not even in consideration with a 22-9/13-5 regular season?  Why does Nebraska have to play with that much pressure?  Then a team like Oklahoma can go 1-8 to finish a season and finish with 13 losses not have to worry about anything!  We get it, just keep winning.  While I am getting extremely annoyed at the fact that teams in the Big East, Big 12, SEC and ACC don't have to worry about it.

2 hours ago, big red22 said:

You know we all feel that way, but in turn why doesn't anything that we have already have done matter?  I get it that we need to keep winning, but I don't like the fact that if we lose to a hot Michigan team in the tournament we supposedly are not even in consideration with a 22-9/13-5 regular season?  Why does Nebraska have to play with that much pressure?  Then a team like Oklahoma can go 1-8 to finish a season and finish with 13 losses not have to worry about anything!  We get it, just keep winning.  While I am getting extremely annoyed at the fact that teams in the Big East, Big 12, SEC and ACC don't have to worry about it.

Or Creighton.... How have they not played themselves on to the bubble?? Only win in the last three weeks was a 29 foot buzzer beater to beat the worst team in the league. 

24 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Saw this elsewhere and thought it was too good not to re-post!   Seems like this is a good place to put it!  

Oh, and Btw, an up-arrow to Ben Zobrist just for good useage of 'Poindexter!' 

Someone needs to recreate something like that for Nebrasketball. It's so true.

Don't know if this is posted elsewhere but did anyone catch Jerry Palm on 1620 this afternoon? He actually said that outside of Nebraska winning the Big Ten Tournament that we have no shot at a bid. He said due to the logjam of medicore major conference teams that even with wins over Penn State, Michigan in the quarters, then Michigan State or whoever, and then losing to whoever in the championship game, that still wouldn't give us enough quality wins. So there's that...

1 minute ago, ajb5856 said:

Don't know if this is posted elsewhere but did anyone catch Jerry Palm on 1620 this afternoon? He actually said that outside of Nebraska winning the Big Ten Tournament that we have no shot at a bid. He said due to the logjam of medicore major conference teams that even with wins over Penn State, Michigan in the quarters, then Michigan State, and then losing to whoever in the championship game, that still wouldn't give us enough quality wins. So there's that...

Haha!  That's good stuff man.  Smoking the good stuff....

Okay, our RPI if we simply had not played Marist, Stetson, and Delaware St would be 41 right now instead of 60.   I am curious if some spreadsheet expert would be able to do it like NCAA hockey with minimal effort.  Where games you won that hurt your RPI are removed.  I would like to get this data to the selection folks somehow.  Granted, other teams will be minimally impacted by these types of games, but ours has to be extreme.  We didn't even schedule Marist.  I just want to make sure the committee gets a more clear picture of this nonsense.  There is no way in hell winning three games should hurt our RPI by 19 spots.  

33 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Okay, our RPI if we simply had not played Marist, Stetson, and Delaware St would be 41 right now instead of 60.   I am curious if some spreadsheet expert would be able to do it like NCAA hockey with minimal effort.  Where games you won that hurt your RPI are removed.  I would like to get this data to the selection folks somehow.  Granted, other teams will be minimally impacted by these types of games, but ours has to be extreme.  We didn't even schedule Marist.  I just want to make sure the committee gets a more clear picture of this nonsense.  There is no way in hell winning three games should hurt our RPI by 19 spots.  

If you take the worst 2 RPI games off all these bubble teams schedules to this point in the season, this is how their RPI will be adjusted....Wash +1, Prov +12, Texas +18, KState +12, Oklahoma +7, Baylor +12, Syracuse +3, Va Tech +18, Nebraska +12.

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If you take the worst 2 RPI games off all these bubble teams schedules to this point in the season, this is how their RPI will be adjusted....Wash +1, Prov +12, Texas +18, KState +12, Oklahoma +7, Baylor +12, Syracuse +3, Va Tech +18, Nebraska +12.

To give a little bit more context to this, all the teams I removed were RPI 250+. Meaning Teams like us and Va Tech are being punished for playing "bad/bad" teams. Where as Washington and Syracuse are seeing no effect to their RPI for playing "good/bad" teams. For example if we were to play Syracuse's two worst teams (Texas Southern & Cornell) instead of Marist and Delaware State, currently our RPI would be 49th instead of 59th. 

20 hours ago, Red Don said:

Saw this elsewhere and thought it was too good not to re-post!   Seems like this is a good place to put it!  

Oh, and Btw, an up-arrow to Ben Zobrist just for good useage of 'Poindexter!' 

I used poindexter in a different thread earlier today.  Actually, the plural form - poindexters.  Can I get an up-arrow also? B)

4 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Whatever happened to the "Eye" test? How can you watch a Nebraska game and say with a straight face there are 64 teams in the Country better than them?

Slightly skewed. There are 32 automatic bids, so they don't have to be better than you. They just have to win their conference. But again, "How can you watch a Nebraska game and say with a straight face there are 36 at-large teams in the country better than them?"

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Slightly skewed. There are 32 automatic bids, so they don't have to be better than you. They just have to win their conference. But again, "How can you watch a Nebraska game and say with a straight face there are 36 at-large teams in the country better than them?"

-don’t go off of last 10 games

-don’t go off of how they did in conference -don’t take teams in red, from Nebraska

-go by RPI, unless it’s Penn State

-go by quadrants, only on years where Nebraska plays 80% of quad 1s on the road.

Think I got the formula?

6 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

-don’t go off of last 10 games

-don’t go off of how they did in conference -don’t take teams in red, from Nebraska

-go by RPI, unless it’s Penn State

-go by quadrants, only on years where Nebraska plays 80% of quad 1s on the road.

Think I got the formula?

I'm fairly certain you and I are pretty much thinking along the same lines

16 hours ago, ajb5856 said:

Don't know if this is posted elsewhere but did anyone catch Jerry Palm on 1620 this afternoon? He actually said that outside of Nebraska winning the Big Ten Tournament that we have no shot at a bid. He said due to the logjam of medicore major conference teams that even with wins over Penn State, Michigan in the quarters, then Michigan State or whoever, and then losing to whoever in the championship game, that still wouldn't give us enough quality wins. So there's that...

It's apparent Jerry is spending more time with his wife Rosie than he is watching college basketball.