Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm no committee member, but to bring this back to reality, I could see the scenario where Michigan, Penn State, and Nebraska go on a run... We beat Penn State and lose to Michigan and still make it in. We'd have one Quadrant 1 win and a solid win against Penn State. I don't think we're quite at "we have to win the Big Ten tournament" status yet.

If all three of those teams went on a run, I think I could see that happening. The probability of that scenario unfolding, though,  is pretty low as you implied. I guess it all starts right now with this Penn State/Purdue game.

What a crummy weekend. Nearly all the bubble teams won their games, Nebraska women find themselves in a real tough bubble position, the men's team just did the same thing, the baseball team drops a 8-1 loss (although they did win 3 games), Penn State had a chance to punch their ticket, and the Big Ten went from a "maybe 6 teams" conference to a "well, maybe 4 or 5" conference.

Try again on Tuesday.

Great news... we're still in the "Last Four Out". Not as bad of a drop as suspected. We still have a lot more work to do, but we're not far off from a play-in game.

LET'S GET TO WORK!

Last Four Byes
Virginia Tech
Providence
Kansas State
NC State

Last Four In
Baylor
Texas
St. Bonaventure
Syracuse

First Four Out
UCLA
USC
Washington
Nebraska

Next Four Out
Penn State
Utah
Boise State
Georgia

We are going to probably need that tourney win, unless we are the 4 seed and they look and say, damn these guys were top 4 in the Big Ten.  That warrants a bid.  I know, I know, they allegedly don't look at conference standing, but they will see that double bye when looking at tourney brackets.  It is impressive.  But we gotta have the crowd into these games, and not be deflated.  There is no margin for error.  

7 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Definitely good to see that the loss doesn't seem to be too damaging. Makes me feel confident that 23 will still surely be enough. Maybe even 22 if we get good luck with other bubble teams and lose a tight one to Michigan at MSG.

This is about right where I am at as well.  

8 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Definitely good to see that the loss doesn't seem to be too damaging. Makes me feel confident that 23 will still surely be enough. Maybe even 22 if we get good luck with other bubble teams and lose a tight one to Michigan at MSG.

Just now, royalfan said:

This is about right where I am at as well.  

Same.

Before the Illinois loss I was seeing this outcome as a fight for "Last Four Bye." After the loss, that same outcome is looking a lot more like a fight to "Last Four In." Not too much damage control to deal with. It just might mean we have an extra game to play.

Kenpom today:

We're #56

Michigan #23

Penn St. #25

Completely insane how different Kenpom, RPI, and Sagarin are for Penn St.  Michigan is going to have a hell of a time winning that game.  

I think if we get two wins (Indiana #72, Penn St #25) and stay in the 50s in all three metrics with a buy in the B1G, we're in regardless of the B1G tourney.  

Both Indiana and Penn St are sitting in a tie for 6th in the Big Ten at 9-7 in conference. These last two regular season games will be tough. If Nebraska is able to win both of these two games, it will significantly improve NU's chances in the B1G tourney as far as likelihood of winning in NYC. We'll have to wait & see, though, as the 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th seeds are still up for grabs with Nebraska & Michigan both at 11-5.

31 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

Lunardi is becoming more of joke by each bracket out there. Baylor loses but jumps in bubble watch. Texas only moves a few spots. Penn State loses and jumps ahead. Bro are you even watching basketball or are you just doodling in your bracket bunker?

ESPN has become such a joke, so nothing surprises me any more.

36 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

Lunardi is becoming more of joke by each bracket out there. Baylor loses but jumps in bubble watch. Texas only moves a few spots. Penn State loses and jumps ahead. Bro are you even watching basketball or are you just doodling in your bracket bunker?

Very strange that PSU would jump ahead of us after they lost at home and we won at home. Makes no sense. If he had them ahead of us before the Indiana and Michigan games, then I could understand keeping it that way after the fact. But that's not the case. Really no idea what goes through his mind to make those kinds of decisions.

4 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Very strange that PSU would jump ahead of us after they lost at home and we won at home. Makes no sense. If he had them ahead of us before the Indiana and Michigan games, then I could understand keeping it that way after the fact. But that's not the case. Really no idea what goes through his mind to make those kinds of decisions.

Lunardi's own quote: "Can't keep losing to last place teams"

Okay, Joe. Whatever you say must be "gospel," so have at it. Picture this:

Nebraska beats PSU, but Maryland also defeats Mich. Maryland then on the bubble. Nebraska next four out (still).

Edited by AuroranHusker

Lunardi's own quote: "Can't keep losing to last place teams"

Okay, Joe. Whatever you say must be "gospel," so have at it. Picture this:

Nebraska beats PSU, but Maryland also defeats Mich. Maryland then on the bubble. Nebraska next four out (still).

Prolly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was thinking we'd want to keep cheering for OU's collapse, but seeing this last update, we may want them to beat both KState and Baylor.  I feel like there's still an outside shot if they were to lose to both KState and Baylor then beat Iowa State and make a run in the conf tourney all 3 would get in. Idk,  the Big 12 situation really sucks for us.  Seems like they just keep passing enough wins around to keep everyone in.  

6 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I think what it is that he doesn’t know shit from apple butter the entire time and then is good at getting intel before releasing the final bracket which is what he bases his accuracy on.  

I have a whole shelf of apple butter I made and canned this fall that I don't think I'll be able to look at the same way again.