According to Sipple, John Crispin thinks we could do damage in the dance

Norm Peterson

If we get there, he sees us as a team that could win a couple of games.

I didn't make that up.  Here's a link:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-with-ncaa-tournament-talent-comes-increased-responsibility/article_ad848a84-73f3-5e79-af74-409c6fc41dbe.html

Edited by Norm Peterson

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

If we get there, he sees us as a team that could win a couple of games.

I didn't make that up.  Here's a link:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-with-ncaa-tournament-talent-comes-increased-responsibility/article_ad848a84-73f3-5e79-af74-409c6fc41dbe.html

No pub is bad pub.  Let's do this thing!

Watching both B1G games last night there was a lot of gushing over us.  I hope we can live up to it.  

I just want to worry about OSU right now.

I know guys have to sell papers and themselves but not sure this is the right time for this article by Sip.  

We are starting to get the casual fan back, and if we lay an egg tomorrow those people will say well it is just like it was.  And we might not get the crowds we could get. and will need for the late run.  Like Thursdays.

I know this is a bit of a chicken little thinking but...  to many years guys, to many years... 

6 minutes ago, 49r said:

I heard Crispin make that comment in the game call yesterday (what was it, Purdue/Iowa?)

Also, did anyone else notice the Michigan student section "Maize Rage" chanting Sanders, Sanders! at Corey Sanders today?  Took a cue from The Iron N I guess after their merciless taunting of Wagner...  :D

OSU tomorrow...

Students:  Pal-Mer Pal-Mer

Kent P:  3 Pointer Anton Gill!  GOT IT!

Students:  Er... Gi-ll Gi-ll

Kent P:  Thunder dunk Isiah Roby!

Students: Umm... Ro-by Ro-by

Kent P:  Issac Copeland for 3!  Watson with steal and the finish!

Students:  I GIVE UP!

Anton Gill scored 7 points, all of them in a critical second half run, in a win in a Sweet Sixteen game.  He played a few minutes in another Sweet Sixteen game and an Elite Eight game.  Isaac Copeland scored in double figures in a round of 32 game when he was a freshman.  James Palmer played some minutes in a Sweet Sixteen game and the first two rounds, as well as in the NIT all the way up to the championship game.  And, Duby played in a first round game.

The time to get something done is now.

22 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Anton Gill scored 7 points, all of them in a critical second half run, in a win in a Sweet Sixteen game.  He played a few minutes in another Sweet Sixteen game and an Elite Eight game.  Isaac Copeland scored in double figures in a round of 32 game when he was a freshman.  James Palmer played some minutes in a Sweet Sixteen game and the first two rounds, as well as in the NIT all the way up to the championship game.  And, Duby played in a first round game.

The time to get something done is now.

It sure helps

28 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

And here's to "nattering nabobs". I share your concern for team and fans having the proper outlook during the remainder of the season to avoid unanticipated losses. However, should we win tonight I might develop a gnew perspective.

A win tonight would be huge.  IMO we are playing with house money.  A win propels us to probably the "right side" of the bubble and opens up eyes around the nation.  Guys like Joe Lunardi is still brushing us off saying things like "Meh" to our home win over Mich or "riding on the big 10 coattails won't work."  A loss doesn't hurt us obviously like a loss to Rutgers would. 

9 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I hate to be a “nattering nabob of negativity” but let’s just take it one game at a time.  If the team makes the NCAA’s I will be scrambling for a ticket.

I see an NCAA tournament caliber team out there, but the margins are thin.  There aren't a lot of games left that could really propel them forward but there are several stub-your-toe opportunities we can't afford to lose:  Rutgers x 2, Iowa at home, maybe even Illinois on the road.