Nebraska vs Rutgers pregame chatter...

whoopdeedoo

Rutgers is 12-0 at home. holding opponents to an average of 50.25 ppg while Rutgers averages 69.4 ppg at home. 

Rutgers averages 12 steals per game. opponents average 21.1 turnovers = 22.6 points for Rutgers. opponents average 12.2 points off of Rutgers turnovers.

rebounding, Rutgers is a +1.6 against opponents.

Rutgers isn't a prolific 3pt shooting team. Carey is shooting .444, but, she is 8-18 so doesn't shoot a lot of them. Scaife is shooting .333 beyond the perimeter---so is Cryer. Greene shoots .371 from beyond the perimeter, but, only averages 5.6 ppg.

Husker defense must have another good showing. it's possible Rutgers shoots lights out and runs like crazy on the huskers (difficult to predict which Rutgers offense shows up), but, i am thinking the winner will be in the low 60's. a game where huskers will need to limit turnovers and Rutgers steals. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

46 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Rutgers is 12-0 at home. holding opponents to an average of 50.25 ppg while Rutgers averages 69.4 ppg at home. 

Rutgers averages 12 steals per game. opponents average 21.1 turnovers = 22.6 points for Rutgers. opponents average 12.2 points off of Rutgers turnovers.

rebounding, Rutgers is a +1.6 against opponents.

Rutgers isn't a prolific 3pt shooting team. Carey is shooting .444, but, she is 8-18 so doesn't shoot a lot of them. Scaife is shooting .333 beyond the perimeter---so is Cryer. Greene shoots .371 from beyond the perimeter, but, only averages 5.6 ppg.

Husker defense must have another good showing. it's possible Rutgers shoots lights out and runs like crazy on the huskers (difficult to predict which Rutgers offense shows up), but, i am thinking the winner will be in the low 60's. a game where huskers will need to limit turnovers and Rutgers steals. 

If the refs let Rutgers get away with thier usual S&*(, it will be a long game. Hope they call a close game on them.

Looking at the stats, this one's all on the defense, for both squads.  Both play good defense, and Rutgers quickness is partly why they're so good defensively.  They've improved after a sub par (for them) last season.

As woohps said, If we can score decently (60+), we may win it, but we have to hold down their offense at the same time.   It's an away game for us, and they've been pretty good at home...another strike against us. But...we do OK away.

You may remember Scaife stuck it to us last year, so she's the one Nicea  and/or Jazz may have to chase all over the floor. But Rutger's is fairly deep this year...have some scorers on the bench.  

It may really be a good game...we've been playing so well recently you, have to think we have a chance in this one. We have to take care of the ball like against Iowa...very few turn overs.

I didn't see the game they recently lost, .....so why did they score so poorly? Anyone see it ?

Edited by redsteve

49 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Looking at the stats, this one's all on the defense, for both squads.  Both play good defense, and Rutgers quickness is partly why they're so good defensively.  They've improved after a sub par (for them) last season.

As woohps said, If we can score decently (60+), we may win it, but we have to hold down their offense at the same time.   It's an away game for us, and they've been pretty good at home...another strike against us. But...we do OK away.

You may remember Scaife stuck it to us last year, so she's the one Nicea  and/or Jazz may have to chase all over the floor. But Rutger's is fairly deephis year...have some scorers on the bench.  

It may really be a good game...we've been playing so well recently you, have to think we have a chance in this one. We have to take care of the ball like against Iowa...very few turn overs.

I didn't see the game they recently lost, .....so why did they score so poorly? Anyone see it ?

Edited by Fastbreaker

56 minutes ago, redsteve said:

You may remember Scaife stuck it to us last year, so she's the one Nicea  and/or Jazz may have to chase all over the floor. But Rutger's is fairly deep this year...have some scorers on the bench.  

Rutgers shoot like 20%.

Thanks for Starting this Thread Whoop!   This is a particularly important game.  Winning will 'Double' the wins of last season (as Sam predicts) AND extend the consecutive number of road wins to Eight!

The Scarlet Knights will be particularly tough Tomorrow After losing in such fashion to Penn State!
(But I think Amy's Husker Raider's are up to Rutger's brand of 'Street-Ball;' and may be even a little tougher.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You won't believe how the Rutgers women's basketball team lost to Penn State"
http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/index.ssf/2018/01/you_wont_believe_how_the_rutgers_womens_basketball.html

Trailing by one point in the final seconds, Penn State's Teniya Page was rewarded three free throws when fouled in the act of shooting a 3-pointer. The foul call caused Stringer to erupt, and the officials -- Tina Napier, Michael McConnell and Tiara Cruse were the crew -- hit the Scarlet Knights coach with a technical foul.

:ph34r:  If any of this feels like 'Déjà vu,' this is from the game stats for the Husker's loss to Michigan.

Officials: Tina Napier, Cameron Inouye, Tiffany Bird
Technical fouls: Michigan-None. Nebraska-None.
Attendance: 4279

:ph34r:  Spot any familiar names?   Coincidence?

Edit:  Thanks Bugeaters.  I didn't know how to find out who made the call (but I was pretty sure you might know).  :thumbsup:

Edited by Red Don

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

Thanks for Starting this Thread Whoop!   This is a particularly important game.  Winning will 'Double' the wins of last season (as Sam predicts) AND extend the consecutive number of road wins to Eight!

The Scarlet Knights will be particularly tough Tomorrow After losing in such fashion to Penn State!
(But I think Amy's Husker Raider's are up to Rutger's brand of 'Street-Ball;' and may be even a little tougher.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/index.ssf/2018/01/you_wont_believe_how_the_rutgers_womens_basketball.html

:ph34r:  If any of this feels like 'Déjà vu,' this is from the game stats for the Husker's loss to Michigan.

:ph34r:  Spot any familiar names :Confused:

But guess what, Tina Napier didn't make that call with three seconds to go.

Edited by Bugeaters1

like Bugeaters1 stated, hopefully refs will limit the crap that Rutgers has a tendency to get away with at home. i watched part of a game of their's a couple weeks ago-------and, it looked like Rutgers from a few years back. it sure looked they were getting away with a lot. 

just finished watching Indiana defeat MSU on their home floor. Indiana was ahead by 26 in the first half and i switched to a different game. turned it back for the second half and MSU looked like i thought they would. pulled within in couple but Indiana held on to win by 4 (69-65, i think). i'm not sure what MSU was thinking the last couple of minutes---they had way too many fouls to give and had to waste practically the last seconds of the game fouling Indiana. shoulda had that taken care of earlier to set themselves up. MSU did have a 3 pointer go down about as far as a ball can and come out----it would have tied the game with around 7 seconds left (maybe a little less). slow motion of that shot was pretty crazy---can't believe it came out----but, that's ok :)

sets up for a what would be a really sweet win @ Rutgers------who would have thought huskers would be ahead of MSU at the moment (not to mention a few others).

13 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

like Bugeaters1 stated, hopefully refs will limit the crap that Rutgers has a tendency to get away with at home. i watched part of a game of their's a couple weeks ago-------and, it looked like Rutgers from a few years back. it sure looked they were getting away with a lot. 

just finished watching Indiana defeat MSU on their home floor. Indiana was ahead by 26 in the first half and i switched to a different game. turned it back for the second half and MSU looked like i thought they would. pulled within in couple but Indiana held on to win by 4 (69-65, i think). i'm not sure what MSU was thinking the last couple of minutes---they had way too many fouls to give and had to waste practically the last seconds of the game fouling Indiana. shoulda had that taken care of earlier to set themselves up. MSU did have a 3 pointer go down about as far as a ball can and come out----it would have tied the game with around 7 seconds left (maybe a little less). slow motion of that shot was pretty crazy---can't believe it came out----but, that's ok :)

sets up for a what would be a really sweet win @ Rutgers------who would have thought huskers would be ahead of MSU at the moment (not to mention a few others).

Msu was down to 6 players at the end of the game. Thier little PG played a little bit in the 2nd half, but she wasns't on the bench at games end. Must have gotten sick?

Edited by Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Msu was down to 6 players at the end of the game. Thier little PG played a little bit in the 2nd half, but she wasns't on the bench at games end. Must have gotten six?

i was wondering what happen to mcutcheon. if announcers said, i missed it. i know they were mentioning the injuries msu is dealing with, but, didn't mention names at the time. i didn't think she had a bunch of fouls, so, guessing she was injured?

Nebraska's youth, coupled with our free throw shooting prowess, I suspect that Rutgers will be dialing up the thuganomics.  Our ladies better get their tough on.  Controlling the defensive boards and making shots from the charity stripe count is where this game will be won or lost.  We are a much better shooting team.  

I tried to down load Rutgers stats, but it wont let me do it right. anyway it looks like Rutgers plays 8 players. Scarfie avgs. 20.5 pts. a game. with Carey coming in 2nd at 7.3 pts. as a team they score 68.3 and give up 55.6 pts a game. Rutgers avgs 38.6 rebounds a game giving up 37.0. FG% is 42.1 and 30.3 from downtown. their freethrow % is 68.9, In personal fouls they have committed 375 for an avg. of 17.8 per game. SO Rutgers is very beatable, it will come down what caveman said freethrow and rebounds. On the bright side the Huskers rebound avg. is 40.9

RealTimeRPI's predictions (fwiw)...

Biggest RPI Pops       Biggest RPI Drops       Real Time RPIs
  Nebraska (66) at Rutgers (15) 
Record 13-6   17-4
Conf Record  4-2   5-2
Home Record  6 - 5   12 - 0
Netural Record  1 - 1   1 - 2
Road Record  6 - 0   4 - 2
Power Rating  0.6846   0.7717
Power Rating RANK  66   15
SOS  0.5446   0.5862
SOS RANK  59   14
Average points per game  71.10   68.67
Average points give up per game 67.41   58.13

RealTimeRPI GAMER - Game Prediction Analysis

GAMER Score Prediction:  Nebraska 58   Rutgers 72
GAMER Likely Score Range (68% chance): 47 ~ 69   60 ~ 84
GAMER Winning Probability: 27.6%   72.4 %
GAMER Winning Odds: 1 to 2.6   2.6 to 1

1 hour ago, caveman said:

I was thinking this was a game tailor made for Miss Woods to come up big behind the arc.

Don't know if it will even be this year....but Ms Kissenger will soon have one of those games where she sets the house on fire with a 30+ point burst.

Especially after she's had a year and a summer to think about it........this years experience will mean a real boost in confidence....and I'll bet a dollar she'll fry the nets.

11 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

RealTimeRPI's predictions (fwiw)...

Biggest RPI Pops       Biggest RPI Drops       Real Time RPIs
  Nebraska (66) at Rutgers (15) 
Record 13-6   17-4
Conf Record  4-2   5-2
Home Record  6 - 5   12 - 0
Netural Record  1 - 1   1 - 2
Road Record  6 - 0   4 - 2
Power Rating  0.6846   0.7717
Power Rating RANK  66   15
SOS  0.5446   0.5862
SOS RANK  59   14
Average points per game  71.10   68.67
Average points give up per game 67.41   58.13

RealTimeRPI GAMER - Game Prediction Analysis

GAMER Score Prediction:  Nebraska 58   Rutgers 72
GAMER Likely Score Range (68% chance): 47 ~ 69   60 ~ 84
GAMER Winning Probability: 27.6%   72.4 %
GAMER Winning Odds: 1 to 2.6   2.6 to 1

:Stickouttongue::Stickouttongue::Stickouttongue::Lol:

On 1/20/2018 at 5:30 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

i was wondering what happen to mcutcheon. if announcers said, i missed it. i know they were mentioning the injuries msu is dealing with, but, didn't mention names at the time. i didn't think she had a bunch of fouls, so, guessing she was injured?

article on all the msu injuries (at guard). merchant states she doesn't even know what happen to mccutcheon.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2018/01/22/injuries-leave-michigan-state-womens-basketball-thin-backcourt-entering-tough-stretch/1053257001/

• 4 weeks later...

:ph34r:  Spot any familiar names?   Coincidence?

Edit:  Thanks Bugeaters.  I didn't know how to find out who made the call (but I was pretty sure you might know).  :thumbsup:

On 1/20/2018 at 3:15 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

But guess what, Tina Napier didn't make that call with three seconds to go.

Matt Coatney during the WBB Husker @ Michigan State Wed night said that Tina Napier Was the Referee who called the (faux) foul on Nicea in the Michigan game, that allowed Michigan to win the game.   (he said that just before halftime when Mich State had a throw- in with 4.7 sec left in the half.  Shot was blocked by Nicea, foul called by Napier, allowing Mich St to go ahead by 2 pts at the half.  Matt said fans will recall Napier was the same official calling Nicea for the foul at the end of the Michigan game)   <_<