Ohio State

nuhusker7

I figured I'd start a place to talk about the Ohio state game.

I'm currently watching the BTN in 60 of days minutes Northwestern vs OSU game. OSU cannot deal with the 1-3-1 zone that Northwestern is throwing at them, and the announcers were commenting on how they don't have a ton of ball handlers. If NW was able to frustrate them like that we should be able to do the same, we are much more athletic than they are.

We are most likely not going to win by outshooting them (it's possible, but I wouldn't game plan that way), but we have a decent shoot of beating them if we play great defense and shut them down.

Edited by nuhusker7
Can't spell

1 minute ago, nuhusker7 said:

I figured I'd start a place to talk about the Ohio state game.

Im currently watching the BTN in 60 of days hminutes Northwestern vs OSU game. OSU cannot deal with the 1-3-1 zone that Northwestern is throwing at them, and the announcers were commenting on how they don't have a ton of ball handlers. If NW was able to frustrate them like that we should be able to do the same, we are much more athletic than they are.

We are most likely not going to win by outshooting them (it's possible, but I wouldn't game plan that way), but we have a decent shoot of beating them if we play great defense and shut them down.

Our bread and butter this year.  Honestly, when we put both D and O together we get outcomes like last night.  However, our D has won us a few games already!

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Our bread and butter this year.  Honestly, when we put both D and O together we get outcomes like last night.  However, our D has won us a few games already!

I agree, last night was awesome, and I hope we can continue to do that. But our defense wins us that game even if we don't shoot that well. In theory if we miss two of the two point shots and two of the three point shots to give us a fairly pedestrian 47% from the field and under 30% from three we still would have won by ten points.

A quick look into Buckeye territory...

There isn't a lot of Nebraska talk yet.  They have to fly to NY to play Minny on Saturday.  Then fly back to Columbus and get 1 days prep for Nebraska. 

Quite a few people were impressed with our win vs Mich and are a little worried that this might be a "trap" game for Buckey with just 1 day prep and us getting 3 days off.

Someone was very happy because they took the skers and the points last night and then bet a little more straight up on Nebraska as well!  #BetTheSkers

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

At the beginning of the season, people said this Nebraska team could be one you wouldn't want to play in February or March.  They forgot about January.  :)

Can't believe they did forget January either.  We'll have played 12 of the 18 conference games by the end of the month.  :blink: