Michigan

hhcmatt

3 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

The strategy to me is switching everything in my opinion. Roby, Copeland, Palmer, Taylor, Duby, should all be able to survive switches, and do your best to keep Glynn off bigs for too long. 

I agree with this. Don't think we'll have to double Wagner, I expect plenty of switching, especially when Roby is at the 5

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

From those of us that can’t go to games—

#PackTheVault

#BeLoudBeProud

#BiggestHomeGameSinceNoSitSunday

We NEED this game for any number of reasons;  not the least of which is Fan Excitement and Intensity!   (to Start a Run!   and Keep it Going!)

Edited by Red Don

13 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

After listening to Beilein puff us up I think we might be a top 10 team

A Really good press conference!   I'm even starting to get to like John Beilein  :o  (my two favorite (opposing)  coaches in the B1G are/were Izzo & Bo)

Now if only we can get the PBA Janitors to put the lid on the right basket this time; And remember to SWITCH at Halftime!

15 minutes ago, Red Don said:

A Really good press conference!   I'm even starting to get to like John Beilein  :o  (my two favorite (opposing)  coaches in the B1G are/were Izzo & Bo)

Now if only we can get the PBA Janitors to put the lid on the right basket this time; And remember to SWITCH at Halftime!

I'm definitely in the Beilein and Izzo second-tier cheering section.  Both of those guys are class acts and outstanding coaches.  I think Izzo is the best coach in the country--he proves it damned near every March.  

39 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Also would be a nice jump start heading into the OSU game where they looked not as impressive against a struggling NW team.

It was interesting to see Ohio state struggle w some token pressure and a 2-3 zone for much of that first half, northwestern a lot like us just really struggles to find baskets in half court sets. Didn’t see the second half but did see Ohio state still got to 70 some points 

16 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

It was interesting to see Ohio state struggle w some token pressure and a 2-3 zone for much of that first half, northwestern a lot like us just really struggles to find baskets in half court sets. Didn’t see the second half but did see Ohio state still got to 70 some points 

I watched the Ohio St game and they struggled significantly at the end of the game with Northwestern's press.  They almost pissed away a 12 point lead with under 4 minutes to go.  The fake NU had two chances to trim the lead from four points in the final 90 seconds but couldn't hit a shot.  That should definitely catch Miles' attention.  However, we're putting the cart before the horse and lets focus on curb stomping the Wolverweenies and handing them a loss that is a long time coming from us!

4 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

IMO, this game will be decided at the three point line and how we do defending it.  We have made dramatic improvements there this year so it will be interesting to see if our length gives Mich fits.  In the past, like vs Creighton our issues defending the pick and pop has really hurt us in this game.  In the last four games against Mich we have given up 42 three pointers and they were hitting at a 50% clip.   

Great point. A big factor in being able to have success defending the 3 will be whether we can stop dribble penetration into the lane. At home last year, we couldn't stop that. Michigan got either lay ups or, when we were able to keep them from getting to the rim, kick-outs for wide open 3's. It all started with dribble penetration. Thankfully, they don't have Walton (he killed us) and we have a bit more length on the floor with Isaac and James.  

Edited by Coaches kid

Man if a game is going to come where Glynn, Palmer, and Copeland are all on their game, tonight would be one hell of a night for that game to come. The Vault needs to be rocking. I've been amped up all day. Still 6 hours til tip off and I'm ready for some Can You Feel It and DMX. Let's do this. 

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

We need good Glynn tonight.   Bad Glynn and we get boatraced.   Need the guy from the final 30 minutes against NW and Minnesota

We need a good 2/3 (Glynn, Palmer, Copeland).  We also need the other 1 and the rest of the role players not to stink.  Michigan is going to be good, tough, and ready.  I have no doubt we can get it done, but it will take a total team effort for 40 minutes.  Any lapses, or games like Penn State and Illinois and we are in trouble.

General Consensus on their message boards...

1.  They don't think this is going to be a blowout.  A few posters are worried about the game while most state something to the effect of "We should be alright if we play well, but if we don't Nebraska is a team that can and will beat us."

2.  They really like Tim.  I saw a few posters say that he is "Their favorite Big 10 coach next to coach B at MU.

3.  They are happy that we didn't lose on Monday.  They thought we would come out with more intensity had we lost.