Michigan

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

My question as I haven't watched them a ton: Is their offense notably different with Teske in at center instead of Wagner?

Answered my own question

image.png

With Wagner in the game everyone is camping around the 3pt line moving the ball around.  Often it ends with Kentucky transfer Charles Matthews and Wagner initiating a pick and roll. Sometimes Wagner is setting picks in the middle but not often and not well.

image.png

With Teske you'll see him operating in the paint. He's waiting for the ball to get rotated and he's going to start setting picks, waiting for an opportunity to roll.

With Wagner and Matthews to me it's about which two guys are the best at defending the pick and roll. I think we could use a mix of Taylor-GIll and Roby-Copeland.

Huge Huge week to boost the resume.  After getting Michigan at home, we get OSU on the road.  1-1 is really good, absolutely have to get one.  2-0... now that'd be a hell of a week.

This is two top 25 games and two quadrant 1 games.  Just an FYI.

Edited by hskr4life

11 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Betting Line is at -4.5 in favor of Mich

Still little respect from Vegas.  Team has covered 9 out of 10 and I look forward to seeing an outright win for the Huskers.

On another note, we should pool our money as a community of Husker hoops fans and start betting aggressively on Nebraska lines.  What could possibly go wrong as it's not like there is an extreme amount of bias here?  Anyways, I know I'm new here but we should volunteer one of the administrators on the site to be the community "bookie" and during the game prediction threads we could designate how much we want our "bookie" to bet on our behalf.  I know this sort of sounds illegal which is why I'll nominate someone else besides me to coordinate the logistics.  I'm sure the NSA is reading this so this is where I say I'm kidding ;) ;) (hoping they can't decipher emoji's).

35 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Still little respect from Vegas.  Team has covered 9 out of 10 and I look forward to seeing an outright win for the Huskers.

On another note, we should pool our money as a community of Husker hoops fans and start betting aggressively on Nebraska lines.  What could possibly go wrong as it's not like there is an extreme amount of bias here?  Anyways, I know I'm new here but we should volunteer one of the administrators on the site to be the community "bookie" and during the game prediction threads we could designate how much we want our "bookie" to bet on our behalf.  I know this sort of sounds illegal which is why I'll nominate someone else besides me to coordinate the logistics.  I'm sure the NSA is reading this so this is where I say I'm kidding ;) ;) (hoping they can't decipher emoji's).

Actually this spread shows a lot more respect (to the extent that's even a thing) than the last 2 home games. 

Wager is such a tough matchup.  I haven't heard if Jordy will be playing, but it's hard to think he'll be able to keep up with him on the perimeter.  Assuming we'll play mostly man, but I'm curious if the 1-3-1 is the most effective zone defense against the 5-out offense.  

Edited by hal9000

IMO, this game will be decided at the three point line and how we do defending it.  We have made dramatic improvements there this year so it will be interesting to see if our length gives Mich fits.  In the past, like vs Creighton our issues defending the pick and pop has really hurt us in this game.  In the last four games against Mich we have given up 42 three pointers and they were hitting at a 50% clip.