Iowa vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

5 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

(Maybe they rely on her too much) After the game I was walking by some Iowa fans, who were saying that they need more than one player to be able to win. Also with about 2 to 3 minutes left in the game, the Huskers had the ball and Doyle fouled Whitish. Coach said something to Doyle that she didn't like. Doyle stood at on as Whitish shot the freethjrows and just glared at coach. she also went to the ref and asked the ref if  you heared what Williiams said. the ref blew her off, after that Doyle went hard to the bucket and missed a shot. 

Wasn't there, didn't see or hear anything of course....but...(there's always a but)

Not because Doyle left Nebraska, or any hard feelings towards her at all, and she a good player. I'm sure she wanted to impress the crowd.

But she wasn't all that impressive tonight, does a good job, but does seem a bit of a hot head at times. I'm going to watch the replay and see what can be seen. 

Just now, redsteve said:

Wasn't there, didn't see or hear anything of course....but...(there's always a but)

Not because Doyle left Nebraska, or any hard feelings towards her at all, and she a good player. I'm sure she wanted to impress the crowd.

But she wasn't all that impressive tonight, does a good job, but does seem a bit of a hot head at times. I'm going to watch the replay and see what can be seen. 

I was right behind the bench and seen it all. Maybe coach siad something like maybe you should have came to Nebraska instead of Iowa. I also forgot to mention the screen that Washington put on #34 at half court, man did 34 crumble like a wad of paper.

A lot of our Players Stepped-up with Exceptional Play Tonight :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:    (save Free-Throws  :Redface:)

Nothing but Best Wishes to former commit, Kathleen Doyle (Except when she plays Nebraska).  She is a good player!  :nod:   There have been some players we've met in the past that are 'bullies' but she is not one of them.'

8 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

(Maybe they rely on her too much) After the game I was walking by some Iowa fans, who were saying that they need more than one player to be able to win. Also with about 2 to 3 minutes left in the game, the Huskers had the ball and Doyle fouled Whitish. Coach said something to Doyle that she didn't like. Doyle stood at on as Whitish shot the freethjrows and just glared at coach. she also went to the ref and asked the ref if  you heared what Williiams said. the ref blew her off, after that Doyle went hard to the bucket and missed a shot. 

matt and jeff had made a couple comments about doyle and some of the things she was apparently doing on the court during the game. didn't quite catch it all, but, i think matt said something along the lines of doyle was trying to make the foul calls before the refs were. that would not be unusual for doyle----in one game i watched, there was a number of occasions doyle was "gesturing" a foul whether refs made the call or not. plus, i am sure she had a little more incentive for this husker game----didn't want to get beat by the team she and new coach she dumped. 

agree with what Merlin posted above---------i would expect a more "complete" game by iowa when huskers go to iowa. not going to say iowa will win, but, probably it will be a real battle. too fresh in iowa's mind. if the hawkeyes get makenzie meyer back, that would be a pretty good boost for them. good mid-range and perimeter shooter. think she was averaging around 11 ppg. she broke a bone in her non-shooting hand the end of december, i believe. at first, they thought she would be out at least a couple of weeks. 

Iowa's coach bluder gave minny a little bulletin board material for Sunday's game at minny:

"I know Nebraska beat Minnesota at Minnesota, so obviously if you look at the two toughest teams this week, we probably have the toughest one over," Bluder said. "I hate to say that because Minnesota can score at will. But they have three guards that play 40 minutes like we do. They can score like crazy, so we will have to bring our defensive savvy to this game."

Edited by whoopdeedoo

9 hours ago, redsteve said:

imo, she does seem to have a little bit of "sam logic" in her.

the iowa games i have watched with doyle so far this season (maybe 3 or 4) doyle hasn't played as well as i thought she might. she did score well in couple games, but, her play on the court was rather erratic. she still is a good player, but, hasn't quite taken it to the level i was expecting this season. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Step by step we are improving in most areas especially on defense.  We are hitting one milestone after another.  This basically happens when you have a good coaching staff and all the players are dedicated.  A win in the previous game against Michigan would have put us in a 4 way tie for first in the conference.  Who knows where we will end up.  They are certainly fun to watch.  All this from a very young team.

Still no love from Jeff Sagarin in his ratings.  69th with Indiana and their losing record 68.  Go figure.

Edited by HUD
add info

On 1/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, HUD said:

Still no love from Jeff Sagarin in his ratings.  69th with Indiana and their losing record 68.  Go figure.

Still Don't get no respect for Beating #39 Minny & #35 Iowa and Scaring the Pants off #27 Mich :eek::o!     Guess we're gonna have to RAID Rutgers!

(:ph34r: Pssst.   We've got a Fighter's Chance!  Wash St beat them 63-60 (and we are a better team now than when we played Wash St).  Rutgers beat Minnesota by 10 points, we beat them by 5 points.)

Edited by Red Don