Iowa vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I agree with Coatney about free throws! 

The other guy's argument is ridiculous.  If you make 4 or 5 of those missed FTs, the game is over 10 minutes ago.  The other team's inability to score, especially 3's, has no bearing on complete incompetence at the FT line.

Edited by NUtball

Great win.   Free throws obviously a huge problem.

Can't hold it back any longer:   Really hard to listen to Griesch.  Might be the worst color commentator in college basketball.  Virtually unlistenable.   Matt is usually so patient with him.  Tonight he couldn't take it any longer and didn't put up with it, all the 

while Griesch  was making a fool out of himself.   

The free throw shooting is ridiculous.  They will continue to work on them for sure, but I wouldn't expect any real improvement this year.  Hope it gets better, more than I think, but something that has to get rectified in the offseason.  That said, sure am happy with the W.

Edited by mwm89

25 minutes ago, mwm89 said:

The free throw shooting is ridiculous.  They will continue to work on them for sure, but I wouldn't expect any real improvement this year.  Hope it gets better, more than I think, but something that has to get rectified in the offseason.

Absolutely......pathetic free throw shooting. We could have won it by 20.  We will not win close games, against better teams, with horrible percentages from the foul line. 

Maybe we were a bit tired after just playing Mich. We kind of looked tired toward the end of that game too.

But Iowa didn't look like a ball of fire either.  I understand they were missing a couple of guards due to injury...must have been their 3 shooters, because if they can't shoot 3 any better, they will lose a number of games from here on out. Was not impressed with them.... tonight anyway.  Without Gustaphon...they not very good. Maybe they rely on her too much...that can effect how the rest of the team plays.

We just were the better team tonight...and the final score could have been an even bigger spread. We took care of the ball pretty well....not many turnovers. Maddie kind of quietly scored well, and had a great game overall. As has been said....she's having a super year. Nicea did her usual outstanding job with her defense and overall play. She's learned to play tight defense and not foul so much. Hats off to her for her play this year.

Taylor played more tonight, must be getting back to normal. She had a good floor game, rebounded, handled the ball well. We had a lot of steals, not usually a big part of our game. 

Real good game ladies....rest a little and go at it again. Your growing up fast. :D

You all notice....the seasons over half over !  

Edited by redsteve

(Maybe they rely on her too much) After the game I was walking by some Iowa fans, who were saying that they need more than one player to be able to win. Also with about 2 to 3 minutes left in the game, the Huskers had the ball and Doyle fouled Whitish. Coach said something to Doyle that she didn't like. Doyle stood at on as Whitish shot the freethjrows and just glared at coach. she also went to the ref and asked the ref if  you heared what Williiams said. the ref blew her off, after that Doyle went hard to the bucket and missed a shot.