Roby was 0-4 on dunks against Illinois

PimpMario

I am actually concerned about this. It has been a pattern that I feel like has happened in a few other games this year. I’m concerned his hands are to small to easily palm the basketball. It is a way bigger deal than most people realize especially when trying to dunk. From gathering the ball to keeping it while you’re going up to finishing through contact it matters.

That said I may be wrong and he could have massive hands. Who knows

3 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Maybe it was all of the grease used on the ball last night. Don't believe I've ever seen so many balls thrown into the crowd, passes slipping through hands, or horrendous air balls on wide open shots as last night.

We probably need to change brands of ball grease @jimmykc 

On 1/15/2018 at 11:46 PM, cjbowbros said:

I am actually concerned about this. It has been a pattern that I feel like has happened in a few other games this year. I’m concerned his hands are to small to easily palm the basketball. It is a way bigger deal than most people realize especially when trying to dunk. From gathering the ball to keeping it while you’re going up to finishing through contact it matters.

That said I may be wrong and he could have massive hands. Who knows

Hand size is not the issue. On one of his attempts he dribbled, palmed, showed the ball and went for the dunk all without ever using his body or left hand to help gather the ball. I agree, it's not great to see that many go unfinished, but it's not a hand size issue. 

32 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Cool thing about that photo is everything is blurry except the ball and Isaiah's right hand -- the two things that were probably moving the fastest in the frame.

This picture, for some reason, reminds me of Scottie Pippen. Pippen was an all-pro, and Roby has much to work on, so he's nowhere near that caliber now. I do see, however, similarities in the way they play.  

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, brfrad said:

We didn't have Jordy the first time we played.  He has played much better the last few games.  I don't have his exact numbers, but I think he seems to get a couple buckets and around 5 rebounds a game.

That was the trend until the last game.  That one was scary--4 fouls and 3 turnovers in 7 minutes.  Don't need a ton out of that spot, but we need better than that.