uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 20, Illinois

Norm Peterson

10 minutes ago, rr52 said:

Officials getting a call correct versus Huskers in a game at PBA. Color me surprised!! If Tom Eades, Karl Hess and Ted Valentine were on the whistles I would've really been nervous. Of course NU wouldn't even had been in the game if they were reffing.

I do believe one of the officials was Tom Eades brother...

2 hours ago, Ben Zobrist said:

As a current student at UNL, I can assure you that we will definitely provide the "Husker" ;). I might to try to start a fake shot clock countdown with the student section too. That's always really irritating when other teams do it. 

Welcome, Ben, and thanks for your efforts.   

FYI, as a Cubs and Royals fan, great job in back to back World Series.   As a result of your heroics, my son refers to you as the "greatest player of all  time".  

• 10 months later...

I’ve thought about this quite a bit towards the end of last year, and beginning of this year, and playing Illinois I figured it was a good time to bring it up. The buzzer beater from James, could have changed Nebraska basketball forever.

Where do you think we are today if we lose that game to a spiraling Illinois team?

I don’t think the rest of the year would have gone the way it did, and I don’t think we have the same head coach, and I don’t think we have still have James and Cope.

9 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

Where do you think we are today if we lose that game to a spiraling Illinois team?

I don’t think the rest of the year would have gone the way it did, and I don’t think we have the same head coach, and I don’t think we have still have James and Cope.

There are a lot of people around these Husker message boards who would say that'd been a good thing.  Let those players transfer; better to get started with a new coach.  So, instead of floundering at 6-1 near the bottom of the top 25, we could be well underway with the next coach's rebuilding project.