Illinois (10-8) vs Nebraska (12-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Man, how great was Roby.  Really hope this was an official coming out party.  9 pts, 10 rebs, 4 stls, 2 blocks and countless hustle stats and changed shots...oh, and another missed dunk, which I think he leads the nation in

And a lot of floor burns.

2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Man, how great was Roby.  Really hope this was an official coming out party.  9 pts, 10 rebs, 4 stls, 2 blocks and countless hustle stats and changed shots...oh, and another missed dunk, which I think he leads the nation in

That was probably the sickest missed dunk in the history of basketball.  Did you see the reaction on Cope's face on the replay?  He looked scared!

26 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Any wins from now on are going to be difficult to obtain. 

Nothing new in the big ten, ALL are scrappy if not elite, even in a down year. Gotta go on the road too. Yeah with a front loaded schedule, we have to win the games we are supposed to win. I still have hope but this is another rollercoaster team. Gotta stop playing down to our opponents!! Have to respect them, illini included!

Just now, hskr4life said:

Illinois isn’t very good.

They aren’t bad either.  It isn’t like they are getting blown out every single game they play.  3 OT games plus tonight.

This was a good win.  Not because it will help us later.  Because it won’t hurt us later.

They beat Missouri who is an average to an above average team.

Just now, 49r said:

Illinois is a team on the cusp of being VERY good.  I'm glad they didn't get over that hump against us.

True. Everybody in the Big Ten, with the exception of Purdue and Ohio State, seems to be teetering between good and not-so-good. MSU has been mysterious, but they're in a funk, no doubt. Hell, even Iowa has some life.