Another Interesting Line

HB

48 minutes ago, HB said:

NU plus 5.5.   Again, one would think the line would be higher with a home game against an 0-5 team ( kind of sound like Doc there, starting out with "again").      Vegas continues not to think much of us.  Time to earn some respect, if not money.  

I think we should win and probably comfortably.  However, we should have beaten Bucky by 10. How have we been closing out against pressure?

2 hours ago, HB said:

NU plus 5.5.   Again, one would think the line would be higher with a home game against an 0-5 team ( kind of sound like Doc there, starting out with "again").      Vegas continues not to think much of us.  Time to earn some respect, if not money.  

NU is underdogs?

19 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Play hard, they'll run them out of the building. Give an effort like they did in the first half on Friday, it'll be a nail-biter.

They didn't do this for most of the game. They did in spurts, and when they did, they were clearly better than Illinois.  Need to figure out how to sustain it.

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

They didn't do this for most of the game. They did in spurts, and when they did, they were clearly better than Illinois.  Need to figure out how to sustain it.

I think with Illinois and the harassing way they play, they speed up everything and it's extremely hard to maintain consistency.  There will be spurts where you're able to harness the speed (steals and converting fast breaks), but other periods where you bog down just from trying to catch your breath and let your legs recover a bit.

Even during the good spurts, I thought NU was a little out of control.  Pressuring defense can do that to you.