HuskerFever

Ten More Chances

(Disclaimer: this thread is more of a check-in or reality check)

It's been said over and over that history repeats itself. We're all running on a big high right now with a 12-6 (3-2) record, which, let's step back for a minute and marvel at that for a moment. The rational side of me says, "don't get too excited, you know what's happened the past six years." The optimistic side of me thinks we've got a pretty good shot at something special this year.

This thread is more in jest, but it's also a subtle warning that the wins don't come easy and we need to stay on track to give ourselves for those beloved 20+ wins this season.

During Miles' tenure at Nebraska, he has had a minimum of a five game losing streak EVERY single year. Here are the longest losing streaks for each season:

2012-2013: 5

2013-2014: 5

2014-2015: 9

2015-2016: 5

2016-2017: 5

Taking a look at this season, our next five games are:

at Penn State

vs Illinois

vs Michigan

at Ohio State

at Rutgers

I don't want to look too far ahead, but it's hard to imagine us dropping all of these next five games. Right now we only have 10 more changes to get that 5+ game losing streak for this season. And better yet, our highest losing streak this year is 2. If we keep it to that, we're in pretty good shape this season. On the bright side, we are off to a much better start in the season than we were during our 2013-2014 run to the tournament. The key is to minimizes the setbacks we'll naturally find ourselves in throughout the season.

(Disclaimer: this thread is more of a check-in or reality check)

It's been said over and over that history repeats itself. We're all running on a big high right now with a 12-6 (3-2) record, which, let's step back for a minute and marvel at that for a moment. The rational side of me says, "don't get too excited, you know what's happened the past six years." The optimistic side of me thinks we've got a pretty good shot at something special this year.

This thread is more in jest, but it's also a subtle warning that the wins don't come easy and we need to stay on track to give ourselves for those beloved 20+ wins this season.

During Miles' tenure at Nebraska, he has had a minimum of a five game losing streak EVERY single year. Here are the longest losing streaks for each season:

2012-2013: 5
2013-2014: 5
2014-2015: 9
2015-2016: 5
2016-2017: 5

Taking a look at this season, our next five games are:
at Penn State
vs Illinois
vs Michigan
at Ohio State
at Rutgers

I don't want to look too far ahead, but it's hard to imagine us dropping all of these next five games. Right now we only have 10 more changes to get that 5+ game losing streak for this season. And better yet, our highest losing streak this year is 2. If we keep it to that, we're in pretty good shape this season. On the bright side, we are off to a much better start in the season than we were during our 2013-2014 run to the tournament. The key is to minimizes the setbacks we'll naturally find ourselves in throughout the season.
I find it hard to believe we are going to get to 22 or 23 wins; mostly because I am an embattled Nebraska fan.

But optimistically I find it harder to believe we would lose 5 in a row.