Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

5 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This is my virgin post on the Haymarket Hardwood and I can't believe it took me so long to stumble upon this website.  I guess I wasn't looking hard enough on the internet but it's nice to know that there are other crazy Nebrasketball fans out there.  We are a special breed, much like Cubs fans prior to their world series win and current Cleveland Browns fans - crazy, passionate and obviously we were all likely dropped on our heads during our formative years.

Anyways, extremely disappointed in Jordy's decision making process.  Nothing like hanging your teammates out to dry at a critical juncture in the season.  This does have a similar look to the Deverell Biggs situation back in 2014 but I always thought that Biggs was more of a "me-first" player and likely a cancer in the locker room.  That one decidedly felt like addition by subtraction.  I've never for one second thought that of Jordy.  He appears to be well liked and respected by his teammates.  At the end of the Wisconsin game when Jordy fouled out, I noticed that Miles patted him on the back and Kenya and him exchanged several words before Jordy sat down.  It struck me that it was likely a pseudo father/son moment and I assumed that Kenya was telling him how proud he was of his play and that's what his potential is and the expectation for him was going forward this year.  As everyone has stated, the timing in all this is just completely baffling.

I'm hoping and expecting that they roll with Okeke tonight as the starter.  Our center does not need to provide offense.  We need a big body that can bang with the opposing center, take up space and be a defensive presence around the rim.  Okeke and Borchardt are far better at that then Jordy and neither of them demand the ball on offense.  Maybe this is also the spark Roby needs to become more aggressive and a force.  Of course, doing this without fouling is a huge ask of Roby.  Hopefully this is a unifying event for this team and they play a complete 40 minutes of basketball tonight, which in my opinion, we haven't seen this team do this year.

Here's to hoping for an inspired performance tonight against Penn State!!!  Also, can't wait to partake next year in the picks contest - so bummed I didn't find this message board much sooner!!!

Welcome to the 'team' 79er! I'm sure you could still partake in the picks contest for the remainder of the season. GBR

• hhcmatt changed the title to Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer
14 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This is my virgin post on the Haymarket Hardwood and I can't believe it took me so long to stumble upon this website.  I guess I wasn't looking hard enough on the internet but it's nice to know that there are other crazy Nebrasketball fans out there.  We are a special breed, much like Cubs fans prior to their world series win and current Cleveland Browns fans - crazy, passionate and obviously we were all likely dropped on our heads during our formative years.

Anyways, extremely disappointed in Jordy's decision making process.  Nothing like hanging your teammates out to dry at a critical juncture in the season.  This does have a similar look to the Deverell Biggs situation back in 2014 but I always thought that Biggs was more of a "me-first" player and likely a cancer in the locker room.  That one decidedly felt like addition by subtraction.  I've never for one second thought that of Jordy.  He appears to be well liked and respected by his teammates.  At the end of the Wisconsin game when Jordy fouled out, I noticed that Miles patted him on the back and Kenya and him exchanged several words before Jordy sat down.  It struck me that it was likely a pseudo father/son moment and I assumed that Kenya was telling him how proud he was of his play and that's what his potential is and the expectation for him was going forward this year.  As everyone has stated, the timing in all this is just completely baffling.

I'm hoping and expecting that they roll with Okeke tonight as the starter.  Our center does not need to provide offense.  We need a big body that can bang with the opposing center, take up space and be a defensive presence around the rim.  Okeke and Borchardt are far better at that then Jordy and neither of them demand the ball on offense.  Maybe this is also the spark Roby needs to become more aggressive and a force.  Of course, doing this without fouling is a huge ask of Roby.  Hopefully this is a unifying event for this team and they play a complete 40 minutes of basketball tonight, which in my opinion, we haven't seen this team do this year.

Here's to hoping for an inspired performance tonight against Penn State!!!  Also, can't wait to partake next year in the picks contest - so bummed I didn't find this message board much sooner!!!

Good first post.  

How are you with semicolons?

You probably need some remedial training on HHC inside jokes. I did a thread on this a few years ago.  I don't know if you can do a search and find it, but it covers topics like official tweets and coaching championship-level, junior high girls basketball.

Welcome.

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Good first post.  

You probably need some remedial training on HHC inside jokes. I did a thread on this a few years ago.  I don't know if you can do a search and find it, but it covers topics like official tweets and coaching championship-level, junior high girls basketball.

Welcome.

and when we are really ragging on you or just giving you the business.

44 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

How much time have we spent here talking/thinking about Jordy not starting the second half vs Purdue?  Not much.

I'd bet dollars to donuts someone's been up in his business about that.

Yeah.  I have thought about this a little bit since it happened.  But it seemed to ignite him, or so I thought.  It seemed obvious in all of our eyes that he needed to sit for a bit.  He must not have thought so.

Just now, hskr4life said:

Yeah.  I have thought about this a little bit since it happened.  But it seemed to ignite him, or so I thought.  It seemed obvious in all of our eyes that he needed to sit for a bit.  Whoever is looking at him as a paycheck He must not have thought so.

FIFY

35 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Good first post.  

Welcome.

Haha, good to know and appreciate the advice.  FWIW, I found the thread you were referring to:  

Also, I coach my son's 8 year old basketball team.  His 7 year old team, which I also coached, went undefeated.  His last soccer team I coached lost every game.  I will profess to be a basketball coaching guru; its obvious, I have the 6 inch trophy to prove it.  I will not offer any opinions on anything related to Nebraska soccer as I know my limitations.

43 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Good first post.  

Welcome.

There are two, @Norm Peterson

...if you add tags, next time they'd be much easier to find in the search function, FYI.  :D

1 hour ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Three things

1. Glad you posted!

2. Great thoughts on this topic.

3. Never ever ever again say I resemble anything that looks like a Cubs fan or you got your last up arrow from me!  :)

Edited by colhusker

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

How much time have we spent here talking/thinking about Jordy not starting the second half vs Purdue?  Not much.

I'd bet dollars to donuts someone's been up in his business about that.

jordy followed up his benching with his best game of the year. so benching him was the best thing that happened to him. miles should have done it a long time ago.

Haha, good to know and appreciate the advice.  FWIW, I found the thread you were referring to:  

I have the 6 inch trophy to prove it. 

That's what she said.

That's another inside joke that surfaces on here now and then.  Usually by me.  As I lack maturity and discretion.  

Also, I coach my son's 8 year old basketball team.  His 7 year old team, which I also coached, went undefeated.  His last soccer team I coached lost every game.  I will profess to be a basketball coaching guru; its obvious, I have the 6 inch trophy to prove it.  I will not offer any opinions on anything related to Nebraska soccer as I know my limitations.

Do you or your wife say that trophy is 6 inches.:mellow:?

10 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Do you or your wife say that trophy is 6 inches.:mellow:?

Million dollar idea: sell a measuring tape that is off by an exact ratio of 1 to 1.5.  That way you can "prove" that the 6" trophy is actually 9".  Would solve a lot of marital arguments.

Edited by aphilso1
spelling sucks