Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

Just now, huskercwg said:

More is "leaking" out so I would recommend that we hold off on condemning anyone quite yet.  There will be some discussions going on involving player, coaches and family members.  Once those meetings are completed, then a decision will be made.  What we know is Jordy is not making this specific trip.  Beyond that appears to be speculation at this point.  The strange part of this is the timing.  If Jordy is to transfer today, he will lose a complete semester of play.  Why? 

My issue is that we are playing well as a team and thought we had great team chemistry.  Hard to put a positive spin on this.

I just don't like the more that comes out.  Why should parents have any say in this?  We cannot let his parents dictate this or that is going to set a bad precedent.  I just think it would be awkward having him back on the team after all this as well.  

HOWEVER, I feel the chemistry is strong and his teammates are big enough men to welcome him back with open arms should he decide to do so.  Jordy should feel lucky.  There are a lot of teams, players, and coaches that would have just said "cya."  I think that the group of guys that we have will do so, but it isn't going to make it any less awkward if he does come back.

7 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Well, sure but you're talking about the difference between fighting for PT against a guy on your team vs someone that might not even sign here.

I'm totally speculating, so I'll absolutely concede that, but in many instances, the actual signing day isn't when the coaches find out.  

I'm also talking about Heiman.  Despite what some have said on this board, I think a 6'11" 225lb Heiman has a strong possibility to contribute at the 5.  He can definitely function within a system and is a very good shot blocker and skilled offensive player in the post.  He's definitely going to be pushed around, but he'll also run the court well and stretch the court with his midrange and faceup game.  

4 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay just going to ask about something I heard at the game about Jordy.

Somebody at the game told me that "maybe Jordy needs to work on his game more and party less."

True?

Idk but I did notice he had been spending quite a bit of time with his family over break. Might be just a normal thing you do during break but I guess I just thought they are practicing the whole time. Btw this info is via snapchat

If the reason is "he's frustrated with his development," it might be time to be a man, look in the mirror and take some ownership.

His coach has STOOD BEHIND HIM with starting him EVERY SINGLE GAME and he just improved a lot his last time out.

Stick it out, Jordy. It's not always someone else's fault when things aren't going well, and you aren't that far from being where you want to be. 

Plus, I thought we were a TEAM here.

2 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

If that’s what you meant then you should have said just that without the disparaging remarks.

It’s what I meant and actually posted.  Admittedly I was a little peeved at the news considering Miles has gone to bat for Jordy all year but again...Jordy the player has been lackluster at best. If that’s the Jordy we get this year we can do without him.  If he sticks around and becomes a solid contributor great. But, we can reach our goals without him. 

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

I'm totally speculating, so I'll absolutely concede that, but in many instances, the actual signing day isn't when the coaches find out.  

I'm also talking about Heiman.  Despite what some have said on this board, I think a 6'11" 225lb Heiman has a strong possibility to contribute at the 5.  He can definitely function within a system and is a very good shot blocker and skilled offensive player in the post.  He's definitely going to be pushed around, but he'll also run the court well and stretch the court with his midrange and faceup game.  

First off, 6'10" and only 200 lbs. He is not a 5 and would love to have him prove me wrong, but he will never be a 5.  He is a very good shot blocker, showing great timing, but against drastically shorter players. I have not seen him play during the summer when the competition might be larger. I know he struggled matching up to York's 6'3 players physically. He is not a skilled post player. His strength is his mobility and a decent midrange shot.  I've not really seen him establish any kind of post move, he just tries to turn and shoot over shorter players.  I would think he has a better chance at developing the three and using his mobility to face up or get offensive rebounds then he ever has of becoming a real solid low post player.

Edited by Dean Smith

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Yes, I do feel he is a bad basketball player right now.  We have been better when he’s not on the court. As I said, if he stays and does a 180 like Tai Webster...awesome. But, this team can still get things done without him. 

And those were the disparaging comments I was referring to. You haven't said anything else that I would disagree with, but the way your phrased it at first was very negative and insulting. I hope he will cool down and stay. If not we have to move on. And it's supposed to be the youth who get angry and make bad decisions.

Just now, Dean Smith said:

And those were the disparaging comments I was referring to. You haven't said anything else that I would disagree with, but the way your phrased it at first was very negative and insulting. I hope he will cool down and stay. If not we have to move on. And it's supposed to be the youth who get angry and make bad decisions.

I would prefer he stays as well. He has shown flashes but for whatever reason has not progressed thus far. If he does come back...I hope Miles doesn’t cater to him. But, I don’t think Miles is that type of coach as evidence of Andrew White transferring. Hopefully the team can put it behind them and pull out a win tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

First off, 6'10" and only 200 lbs. He is not a 5 and would love to have him prove me wrong, but he will never be a 5.  He is a very good shot blocker, showing great timing, but against drastically shorter players. I have not seen him play during the summer when the competition might be larger. I know he struggled matching up to York's 6'3 players physically. He is not a skilled post player. His strength is his mobility and a decent midrange shot.  I've not really seen him establish any kind of post move, he just tries to turn and shoot over shorter players.  I would think he has a better chance at developing the three and using his mobility to face up or get offensive rebounds then he ever has of becoming a real solid low post player.

He can most certainly play as the largest guy in a positionless type of lineup at the very least.  Given that he would be checking a big guy, that makes him a 5 in such lineup.  Way too many people put way too much emphasis on the exact positions anyway.  That ship has sailed.  As for getting matching up with York's physical play, it was only Snodgrass that was a bit of an issue from what I saw.  Snodgrass physically would not take a back seat to many high school kids in the paint.  He has the makings of a very skilled big man.  This kid is going to be good as he fills in.  Chance to be very very good.  Obviously, needs to get stronger and more aggressive in general.