Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

44 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

This is unreal.  If they haven't talked since Thursday, would it be fair to assume Jordy is no longer in Lincoln?  What other explanation could there be?  If Jordy's family took him thome or to his next school, I really hope Miles withholds his release. Miles should just tell Jordy that he may be able to shit on his teammates and just walk out but to get his release he owes him a face to face conversation, like an adult,, to officially tell him he is a quitter.

Also, I am guessing that Miles told Jordy on Thursday to take a few days to think about his decision and then they would talk after they returned from Penn St.

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

The longer this drags out, the worse it's going to be for everyone.  If it keeps dragging and dragging, it becomes a huge distraction for the team.  I just want it done.  One way or another.  Playing this "what if" game is going to hurt everyone.  Shoot, we need to figure out life without Jordy if that is how it's going to be.  But we need to know NOW.  I am just so disappointed the more news that I hear about this whole situation.  A step by step recap shows that its very unprofessional and very selfish so far.

1.  Jordy approaches Miles about a transfer on Thursday.  (Day before one of biggest games of the season to date in terms of meaning)

2.  Jordy does not attend game at Penn State.  We lose, their big guy goes off, team looked out of whack first few minutes.

3.  Jordy doesn't practice Saturday.

4.  We find out Jordy and Miles have not met face to face since Thursday and did not practice Sunday.

54 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This is unreal.  If they haven't talked since Thursday, would it be fair to assume Jordy is no longer in Lincoln?  What other explanation could there be?  If Jordy's family took him thome or to his next school, I really hope Miles withholds his release. Miles should just tell Jordy that he may be able to shit on his teammates and just walk out but to get his release he owes him a face to face conversation, like an adult,, to officially tell him he is a quitter.

Also, I am guessing that Miles told Jordy on Thursday to take a few days to think about his decision and then they would talk after they returned from Penn St.

I thought I saw that he was out last night with the other teammates last night. So believe he is still in town.

Just now, Swan88 said:

That fricking mental break better result in a 15 and 10 game against Michigan on Thursday!

Also, if the post above that he was out with teammates last night is true... then kudos to the team.  That is damn strong chemistry to go out with someone who left you in the dust in one of the biggest games of the season.

18 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

WTF...so I assume common sense kicked in for the advisors who realized they were screwing Jordy by having him leave right now...what a cluster. Good grief.  The team leaders will need to do some damage control and fans have to try to support a player that may or may not be a Husker for the long haul.

Here is the deal, I like Jordy and believe that if he improves, he can really elevate the team.  But the past few days has cast a cloud...it really has.

I don't get where people are talking about his "handlers."  Does anyone know that he actually has handlers?  I think he just has a big (literally) family that cares about him.  They may be in his ear, they may be giving him bad advice, who knows.

I don't think it is a great thing to do to your teammates, but I think there could be a lot more factors going on in the young man's head than we realize.  This will get worked out in the next few days and we will either move on without him or the team will work through taking him back.   Not an ideal time to deal with it that is for sure.   I will root for who is out there this week because it is a big week to protect the vault.

lol. how do you go from asking for your scholarship release to 'needed a mental break'.

my guess is he realized he'd have to take 18 months off from basketball if he left and now wants to hang around a little longer.

won't be surprised when he leaves in the offseason, which is why i'd rather just cut ties with him now.

Edited by TimSmiles

1 hour ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I don't get where people are talking about his "handlers."  Does anyone know that he actually has handlers?  I think he just has a big (literally) family that cares about him.  They may be in his ear, they may be giving him bad advice, who knows.

I don't think it is a great thing to do to your teammates, but I think there could be a lot more factors going on in the young man's head than we realize.  This will get worked out in the next few days and we will either move on without him or the team will work through taking him back.   Not an ideal time to deal with it that is for sure.   I will root for who is out there this week because it is a big week to protect the vault.

I think people are referring to his brother who played a big role in his recruitment.  He committed to TCU a few years ago then transferred I believe. 

10 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I think people are referring to his brother who played a big role in his recruitment.  He committed to TCU a few years ago then transferred I believe. 

His brother, Link Kabudyundi, is the senior 7'1" backup center at Texas-Arlington (where he is a teammate of Nathan Hawkins, which might not help) averaging 3 points and 2 rebounds.  He took a couple unofficial visits here, out of high school and also junior college (he went from TCU to JC to UTA).  So I'm sure he's wishing that his career had gone better, which might be affecting any advice he may be giving to Jordy.

7 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

His brother, Link Kabudyundi, is the senior 7'1" backup center at Texas-Arlington (where he is a teammate of Nathan Hawkins, which might not help) averaging 3 points and 2 rebounds.  He took a couple unofficial visits here, out of high school and also junior college (he went from TCU to JC to UTA).  So I'm sure he's wishing that his career had gone better, which might be affecting any advice he may be giving to Jordy.

i believe they have another older brother or relative that was handling his recruitment. it wasn't Link

Edited by TimSmiles