Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

17 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Be a dick don't give him the release.:angry:

Can't blame anyone having this sympathy.  IF this is true, however, I just want the dude gone. Far away. Never to return. This can't help his transfer prospects, though. I mean, what team is going to want a player that just seriously sabotaged his last team's goals? 

Yeah, I know, someone somewhere will pick him up. 

Here is hoping that Jordy makes the best decision for himself.    Looking at previous clips earlier this year especially when Miles played Santa Claus that Jordy and the whole team got involved and seem more like a team than I have seen through the years.   Remember these are young adults between the ages of 18-22 years old.  He has very little family around him and I am sure that does not help things at all.  His play at the end of last year gave everyone something to look forward to especially with not knowing how Gill, Pamer and Copeland would be as a team.   While his numbers are down this year you see more uniformity and cohesiveness within the team.  Watson prior to the last game was on a downward spiral........and seeing the ally oop to Jordy in the Wisconsin game I could see the relief in Watson and joy in Jordy.   Here's hoping Jordy stays and things are worked out between him, his team and the coaches.   I see true promise as a player especially since he is only a sophomore.     Right now you wonder if Jacobson or Morrow have any regrets transferring.  Good luck Jordy.....heres hoping you stay.

Ok, since nothing is official yet, I’m going to bring up the scenario that I hope happens (wishful thinking) so let’s say Jordy decides he was just confused, apologizes to the team, and decides to stay. Does Miles insert him back in the lineup right away, or is there some sort of punishment for missing the PSU game and practice on Saturday?  Either way, a tough situation. 

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Landof10 is reporting that Jordy did not practice today and instead requested his release from scholarship.  Historically Coach Miles will grant the request with few if any restrictions.

To be fair, he requested the release on Thursday per the actual source of the land of 10 article. 

"Tshimanga went to Miles before practice Thursday to request a scholarship release so he could transfer — shocking the staff."

Absolutely someone is giving him terrible advice. If he was that unhappy, he should've known it by the end of 1st semester, requested his release then, and had 3 weeks to find a new school. Then he is eligible again 2018-19 2nd semester.

Instead, he waits till starting classes and playing a game in 2nd semester before realizing he's so unhappy he needs to transfer. So now he's not eligible until 2019-20 1st semester.  

It makes no sense. Whoever is helping advise him thru this should've told him to stick it out once he started classes, or he should've pulled the trigger before 2nd semester started. Obviously, the person advising him gave him terrible advice here on the timing of it. So you have to question the advice he's getting on transferring in the first place as well.

Now some school is going to have to commit to 7 semesters of scholarship money for him to get 4 semesters of playing time. That will turn some schools off and limit his options. He may end up having to finish out the semester at NU academically or going somewhere else for classes on his own dime for 1 semester. 

The timing of this not only is bad for NU, but it's especially bad for him.

Jordy isn't blameless in this, but the 'adult' helping him work thru his options really screwed the pooch here. Beyond academics, Jordy is a young man who needs minutes to develop. He's now giving up 14+ games that he could've played in (and probably started all of them) for basically no reason. In a career that maybe spans 130-140 games, he's throwing 10% + of them in the garbage. Exactly what a young man at his level of basketball development doesn't need.

Edited by throwback

Mind-boggling dumb-ass attack by Jordy and his "advisors".  Hope we don't pay his second semester tuition.   He needs to just be gone.  No more University benefits.  Stay out of Gate 25.  Just be gone and face the consequences of this incredibly misguided and mistimed action alone.  

14 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

For informational purposes, the only Nebraska player I can remember having any success after transferring to another school was Andre Woolridge in 1995. Unless one counts the modest impact that guy who transferred to Syracuse had last year a "success".

Speaking of.... he is getting a shot in the NBA I think.

15 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Landof10 is reporting that Jordy did not practice today and instead requested his release from scholarship.  Historically Coach Miles will grant the request with few if any restrictions.

Landof10 is pulling all of that from OWH/LJS

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

For informational purposes, the only Nebraska player I can remember having any success after transferring to another school was Andre Woolridge in 1995. Unless one counts the modest impact that guy who transferred to Syracuse had last year a "success".

Being an all American is a high bar to consider someone a success, but...Dinger had a good career at Hawaii. Truscott averaged a double double at Houston. Lewis Geter had a nice career at Ohio and played a few games in the NBA. Ricky Marsh (in Jerry Fort's class) went to Manhattan U. and then played in the NBA.  

Some fairly (or maybe unfairly) harsh sentiments today, but one thought came to mind.  Perhaps he's considering a move back home to play at a Canadian college?  That would mean he's no longer subject to the NCAA's regulations and could theoretically enroll somewhere (say, McGill, for instance) and play right away?