Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

27 minutes ago, bigred4 said:

I don't know if you would consider it player development, but his track record with big guys is not good.

Pitchford (left team)

Smith (Juco- did a pretty good job as a role player)

Sergei (transfer)

Hammond (transfer)

MJ (transfer)

Morrow (transfer)

Jordy (potential transfer)

Duby/Moses (grad transfers that are role players)

Not sure if all these guys transferring are all on Miles but to not have a high school big guy finish out his career is not good.

You look at this list and it isn’t like we are losing a 5* stud center though.  Biggest losses were probably Pitchford and Morrow.  However, Pitchford has issues and I’m glad to see he’s worked those out. I think the guy regrets it.  Morrow was a big loss in the post, but did he want that role?  He, from all accounts, wanted to be more of a 4 player.  We have those in Roby and Copeland.  So as a 5 it hurts, but if he didn’t want to do the dirty work, it might not hurt as bad.

Most of the other guys we can live without and they probably wouldn’t be getting minutes this year anyways.  Honestly, I don’t think MJ gets a ton of minutes this year.  Hammond and Serj..... probably no minutes.  

Jordy would be the first head scratcher for me honestly because he is our 5.  He’s built for the 5.  And we are playing him... STARTING him at the 5.  Ed was a head scratcher until I heard his wishes.  Then it made a little more sense.

Edited by hskr4life

3 hours ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I don't get the Miles doesn't develop players take.  I think Petteway and Webster developed very well, even Borchardt is.  Other than opinion how does one establish what coaches develop players well and which ones do not.  It seems like it is hard to measure whether it is coach development or player ceiling that determines and work that determines whether a player improves.

Not trying to start something with ya' Royal just wondering if there is more to discuss here.  I look at Daum and Kaminsky as guys that really developed.  I suppose if you win games and players improve you get the credit right?

If those are the only two that come to mind that tells one something right there doesn't it?

Petteway almost was worse his last year than his first.

I see that Tai's numbers improved, but I think that was out of necessity more than anything. I feel like Miles messes with some guys' heads early and gets in their way imho. I definitely believe that was the case with Tai. Miles had to let him go down the stretch of his career because he was about all we had. Once he did, his numbers improved. It was more a confidence issue than anything imho.

Anyone think jordy would start or much less have the chance to play 20 mins at any other big ten school? 

IMO he just doesn’t do the small things like get offensive  post position or move feet/help on screens on the defensive side of the ball.  Would like to see what tanner does w about 15 mins of playing time, sets good screens n rolls hard from the games I’ve seen n that’s something jordy also really struggles with

5 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Anyone think jordy would start or much less have the chance to play 20 mins at any other big ten school? 

IMO he just doesn’t do the small things like get offensive  post position or move feet/help on screens on the defensive side of the ball.  Would like to see what tanner does w about 15 mins of playing time, sets good screens n rolls hard from the games I’ve seen n that’s something jordy also really struggles with

At Illinois, he wouldn't start ahead of Finke or Black and I don't think he'd fit into their offense, but would probably play some minutes.  He'd probably see time at Rutgers splitting time with Doucore and Dorson.  At Minnesota he'd probably be splitting time with Konate now that Lynch is suspended.  At Indiana with Davis out he might be playing, but they also would maybe just go small.  He'd maybe get a few minutes off the bench with Ohio State, Penn State, and Northwestern, and Maryland, but maybe not.  He wouldn't play at all at Iowa or Wisconsin or Michigan because he doesn't fit what they do, and he wouldn't play at Michigan State because he'd be way down on the depth chart.

7 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Good first post.  

How are you with semicolons?

You probably need some remedial training on HHC inside jokes. I did a thread on this a few years ago.  I don't know if you can do a search and find it, but it covers topics like official tweets and coaching championship-level, junior high girls basketball.

Welcome.

Don't fuck with semicolons!

One thought I had while finishing up the chatter was that this week we saw Roby talk about this team being a brotherhood. It's things like this that really undermine that. We saw those that were there tonight really battle out there, but the start of the game they looked all out of sorts. How much of that was due to the events of the past couple of days? One of their brothers was missing. If Jordy makes the decision that he is more important than the good of the rest of the group, that will be really disappointing.

Brady was 6'10.5" in shoes when we measured him this summer but his wingspan was only 6'9.5". He was 197 pounds at that point. Maybe he's put on some weight, but it's also hard to do so and keep it when you're in the middle of a season. I've watched him play since he was 15 years old and seen his development. I 100% think a redshirt season would be in his best interests. His shooting isn't close to refined enough for him to rely on that part of his game and his lack of length will hurt him as a shot-blocker at the next level despite his excellent instincts. He needs to get a lot stronger. Perhaps Jordy's struggles have something to do with having to be thrown into the fire right away despite probably not being ready. I'd rather not see Brady go through something similar.

Miles for better or worse is a play the guy who knows his defense sort of dude. Jordy and whoever is in his ears is hearing the footsteps of a stretch 4 and a guy that hasn't even committed? Nah.

I think it's probably as simple as lack of attention and attention paid to Okeke's highlight reel blocks and Borchardt's minutes. Considering I saw Tanner and Jordy hanging out after TB's big game vs Stetson I don't think it's coming from Jordy himself.

8 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Just a weird thought... does Jordy play or sit on the bench last night if that is a home game?  Is he even in the Vault?  Just bored watching tv and this came to my little mind right before I got up to see what was in the fridge.

turn over to BTN and watch u some WBB.

6 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Against #1Wahoo last night, Brady nearly had a triple double with 16 points, 17 rebounds and 9 blocked shots.  Granted this is not class "A" competition but it is the sort of dominance I wish to see at the class B/C level.

Numbers I saw were 15, 14 and 10. They haven't posted their official box score on MaPreps yet but impressive either way. He did have five triple-doubles as a sophomore.

Jimmy, he doesn't have stone hands by any means but they're not super great either. Average to a little above-average I'd say. Touch is a little iffy though.

18 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Numbers I saw were 15, 14 and 10. They haven't posted their official box score on MaPreps yet but impressive either way. He did have five triple-doubles as a sophomore.

Jimmy, he doesn't have stone hands by any means but they're not super great either. Average to a little above-average I'd say. Touch is a little iffy though.

You may be right Jacob, I got the stats out of the front page of the LJS sports section, I cannot attest to the accuracy.

Wow.  Lee B’s article gave us a little light.  Jordy would have to sit out the rest of this year and all of next year because he started classes.  He also didn’t give this to the coaches until Thursday!!

Very selfish situation.  He should have finished this season out befor the transfer.  Also, Thursday before a team leaves for an away game.... possibly a big game in terms of season outcome.  I’m sticking with my “selfish” feeling on this one.  Disappointed in Jordy.  Not for the transfer, but how it has happened.

Just terrible.  I'm not going to pin yesterday's loss on Jordy as we've shown a propensity to start off shitty in most of our games, with and now without Jordy.  You can't pin the missed free throws and Palmer's off game on Jordy either.  It just sucks how this disrupts team chemistry and rotations.  Okeke struggled yesterday so we are going to have to figure the rotations out quickly.  I think it's time to unleash Roby and let him sink or swim and hope he can give you 25-30 minutes without fouling out after 15.  I thought Andrew White was one of the more incredibly selfish decisions I had seen but at least he did it after the season and the coaches had an entire offseason to try and figure it out (which they couldn't)!  Now Miles and company have to do it on the fly.  Jordy's dick move takes the cake over AWIII.  Incredible.

Yeah this may be the most selfish thing I've seen. He gets absolutely nothing from transferring now instead of at the end of the season. If you start something and commit to a team, you finish it. And tbh Miles has been more believing in Jordy than most of us at this point considering how hes been playing this season. This hurts the teammates and even Tim himself as he tries to get a contract extension. 

Since Miles got here the program has gotten so much more exciting and prominent, I want nothing more than for him to get an extension. Its so great to see how much all these fans love this team, and for him to quit on every single person of the 15,000 that come sell out the place, and your teammates and the coaches right in the middle of the conference play as we are trying to get back to the NCAA tournament?? Are you serious?