Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

23 minutes ago, LK1 said:

That said, I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with a certain #16 rated center's pending decision to sign with Nebraska in the next few days.  There's no way that kid wouldn't be a starter next season, regardless of Jordy's availability.  

Schnider Herard was the #10 guy in the same class as Jordy who is transferring now because he wasn't playing at Miss St.  I can't fathom how this would have anything to do with it nor should we actually sign this guy, who happens to also be touted as raw.

4 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Schnider Herard was the #10 guy in the same class as Jordy who is transferring now because he wasn't playing at Miss St.  I can't fathom how this would have anything to do with it nor should we actually sign this guy, who happens to also be touted as raw.

I can.  Herard--a big, slow-but-talented center--went from 18minutes a game to 8 minutes a game because MSU brought in the #15 ranked TFr. center who more mobile and a better shot blocker.  

That's very likely the case with Jordy moving forward when we consider the possibility Thamba... and I think WAY too many people are sleeping on Heiman, who is ranked 35th and the best player in the state.  He's gonna get minutes and could very well be more effective at the 5 in Miles' system than Jordy currently is.  

2 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I can.  Herard--a big, slow-but-talented center--went from 18minutes a game to 8 minutes a game because MSU brought in the #15 ranked TFr. center who more mobile and a better shot blocker.  

That's very likely the case with Jordy moving forward when we consider the possibility Thamba... and I think WAY too many people are sleeping on Heiman, who is ranked 35th and the best player in the state.  He's gonna get minutes and could very well be more effective at the 5 in Miles' system than Jordy currently is.  

Heimam has stated his plans to red shirt. He is not a factor in this. 

So earlier today i actually saw a guy ask one of the media members via twitter if the rumors about Jordy transferring and Roby being injures were true. I just dismissed it as a troll bc i hadnt heard anything about it (ya know usually rumors like that start brewing a little before they break).

But since the first part of his tweet was true (Jordy possibly transferring) I have to ask has anybody heard any news of Roby being hurt???

Would be a big blow to be without Jordy and be without or have Roby be limited.

3 minutes ago, NeeandMe said:

Heimam has stated his plans to red shirt. He is not a factor in this. 

“I’m not against a redshirt at all. I think it would help my body develop. But I think you have to go in preparing like you’re going to play, so you have to go in working hard and all that stuff.” -- Heiman's quote from August.  No kid is going to say he's against redshirting.  

3 minutes ago, LK1 said:

“I’m not against a redshirt at all. I think it would help my body develop. But I think you have to go in preparing like you’re going to play, so you have to go in working hard and all that stuff.” -- Heiman's quote from August.  No kid is going to say he's against redshirting.  

If he doesn’t red shirt, they will break him playing against D1 posts. Not redshirting is not an option for him. 

Edited by Dean Smith

4 minutes ago, khoock said:

So earlier today i actually saw a guy ask one of the media members via twitter if the rumors about Jordy transferring and Roby being injures were true. I just dismissed it as a troll bc i hadnt heard anything about it (ya know usually rumors like that start brewing a little before they break).

But since the first part of his tweet was true (Jordy possibly transferring) I have to ask has anybody heard any news of Roby being hurt???

Would be a big blow to be without Jordy and be without or have Roby be limited.

No.

I think the immediate reaction when rumor of something not good happening was that there was an injury.  Turned out not to be that.

My guess is that's nothing more than someone making some not-so-safe assumptions after the initial "there's some bad news brewing" rumor got floated and the initial reaction became part of the story that has some persistence to it.

It really doesn't make sense since he's coming off his best game. But when you're young, you don't always make sense. Sometimes it's easy to forget these are young men emphasis on young. Makes you appreciate Jack's maturity since his minutes have disappeared. Hopefully it's not over yet for Jordy. I thought he brought something to this team.

2 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

It really doesn't make sense since he's coming off his best game. But when you're young, you don't always make sense. Sometimes it's easy to forget these are young men emphasis on young. Makes you appreciate Jack's maturity since his minutes have disappeared. Hopefully it's not over yet for Jordy. I thought he brought something to this team.

Hopefully Jacks ready to hit some 3's. Could definetly see some time if Roby/Cope have to play extended minutes at the 5.

The fact that it isnt official and the decision on his future will be made within the next few days makes me think he will be back, just a gut feeling. I just for the life of me cant see Jordy leaving his teammates hanging like that. Hopefully hes just an extremely frustrated young man that made an irrational decision.

If he hasn't made up his mind, this is an even more selfish decision than having already made up his mind to leave right now.  If he hasn't made up his mind, that is fine, but don't bring it out now with the team doing well and a game tomorrow.  There is no reason for him to have stayed home... only to be on the team a few days from now.  Very very selfish.  This can throw everything out of whack.  The more I think about this, and the more that comes out, the more pissed I am about how this is playing out.  Don't leave your teammates hanging out to dry while you sort out your issues... Oh man am I getting more pissed just by typing this.

Thirsty Thursday is about to turn into Thirty Thursday.  UGH!

24 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Well, sure but you're talking about the difference between fighting for PT against a guy on your team vs someone that might not even sign here.

More is "leaking" out so I would recommend that we hold off on condemning anyone quite yet.  There will be some discussions going on involving player, coaches and family members.  Once those meetings are completed, then a decision will be made.  What we know is Jordy is not making this specific trip.  Beyond that appears to be speculation at this point.  The strange part of this is the timing.  If Jordy is to transfer today, he will lose a complete semester of play.  Why? 

My issue is that we are playing well as a team and thought we had great team chemistry.  Hard to put a positive spin on this.