Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

1 minute ago, jason2486 said:

Wow, if he transfers, comments like this sure as hell don't help. Don't forget guys like Tai Webster and Frank Kaminsky didn't exactly light it up their first two seasons.

That’s great. He may be good next year or the year after. He’s not good right now though. We will be fine without him. 

Seems the answer will be to start Duby and hope to get 25-30 productive minutes out of Duby and Tanner. I could see a few minutes for Jack here and there, but otherwise, see if we can protect the rim and guard Watkins with our true 5's before we thrust Roby into a spot he's not ready for. Save Roby's time at the 5 for the end of each half and let him spell Cope for another 5 minutes in the middle of each half.

Edited by jayschool

I will start out by saying that I 100% do not want Jordy to transfer.  I think that he has a huge upside and I hope these rumors are not true.  We will need him in the future.  Not just games this year, but future years as well.

I will say however, that of our entire rotation that we currently play, this isn't HUGE HUGE.  It's big because he is a BIG and depth will be a concern.  However, he isn't putting up 15-20 PPG each night.

We will miss Jordy if this is true.  We certainly need him.  Please lord let this be a rumor....

Yeah, this sucks.  No matter what one things of his skills, this hurts us.  He was still our big with the most potential to be good at the end of the year, not to mention down the road.  Roby is going to have to play a lot more, and learn how to avoid silly fouls.  I would like to see him start the ballgame.  Go to those other guys for large minutes if we need to.  But no need to pigeonhole ourselves into playing them big minutes IMO(unless certain matchups dictate it).

On the surface, this is awful news.  I liked Jordy's upside and like Jordy as a person.  

That said, I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with a certain #16 rated center's pending decision to sign with Nebraska in the next few days.  There's no way that kid wouldn't be a starter next season, regardless of Jordy's availability.  

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??? 

He just had his best game of the season and is on a decent to good team. Miles hasnt benched him. Im so confused as to why.

Agreed, the timing is weird. It could explain why Miles continued to start him. Maybe there are family issues, health, etc.

Jordy's no Daumy. Time to go with the Flo. If you're not gonna be the Heiman, why bother?

5 minutes ago, LK1 said:

On the surface, this is awful news.  I liked Jordy's upside and like Jordy as a person.  

That said, I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with a certain #16 rated center's pending decision to sign with Nebraska in the next few days.  There's no way that kid wouldn't be a starter next season, regardless of Jordy's availability.  

1 minute ago, jason2486 said:

Agreed, the timing is weird. It could explain why Miles continued to start him. Maybe there are family issues, health, etc.

None of the above from what I heard. Unless you count family issues as his family blaming Miles for his lack of development.  That’s what I’ve been told is the source of Jordy looking to transfer. 

13 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I hope you are right because if not we are really going to be hurting next year!!!