uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 18 - Wisconsin

uneblinstu

Totally agree with your comment on Eades.  He lectured Evan Taylor after he shot the ball from the foul line after the whistle blew so they could check who was fouled.  Evans flicked up a shot and missed and you can see Eades telling him that he should make him have only one shot left.  The shooter was then switched to Glynn. 

Why doesn't your crew figure out was fouled and get the right shooter to the line in the first place?  There are only 5 dudes to choose from.  Boom!

48 minutes ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

Totally agree with your comment on Eades.  He lectured Evan Taylor after he shot the ball from the foul line after the whistle blew so they could check who was fouled.  Evans flicked up a shot and missed and you can see Eades telling him that he should make him have only one shot left.  The shooter was then switched to Glynn. 

Why doesn't your crew figure out was fouled and get the right shooter to the line in the first place?  There are only 5 dudes to choose from.  Boom!

Had to go back and watch it (@ about 37 sec left on the game clock).  I don't know why Eades would be upset at Evan Taylor for shooting?   Who does he think PASSED The BALL to Taylor to shoot the FT?? -  some phantom :ph34r: Ref?    (of course the first clue to Evan was the Wisconsin player who wasn't lined up when he shot the ball  -  maybe he was thinking he'd get another violation on Wiscy ^_^)

Per the announcers Taylor had thought he was the one fouled by Iverson (that action was just outside the view of the camera) but the actual foul was by on Watson by Davison (clear camera view).  So here's the dilemma,  Two fouls simultaneously by Wisconsin on Huskers.  Why don't they BOTH get FTs?  (A Karl Hess Solution.  :lol:)

1 hour ago, atskooc said:

I saw KU fans leaving their game early last night. They must be shitty fans in Lawrence.

And there's no way "everyone" leaves early, as evidenced by the folks here who say they openly mock and yell at fans who leave the arena before the final buzzer.

Do I like that we have so many fans who leave early? Not really, no.  Have I left a game early? Of course. Would I have left last night? Nope. Though the basketball wasn't very good, the game held my interest all the way through.  Will I ever mock or yell at a fan who leaves early? No way.  It's not worth the energy.

Sorry atskooc, but the quote that appears to be attributed to me was actually made by another poster (I do have trouble inserting multiple quotes :Redface:)

My contribution to the conversation was just repeating an observation that I had seen elsewhere:  " If everyone leaves early at the same time, do they really beat traffic? " :Lol:  Quoted as being humorous (at least I thot so) rather than trying to disparage any fans.

I thought we played very well defensively.  Offensively, there were a ton of near-makes.  Glynn's "bad game" is a little exaggerated, in my opinion.  Each three he took was a good stroke and rattled in and out.  I thought he played tough defense as always except for a couple of mental lapses late.  The Davison kid can play (didn't we recruit him?).  

Overall, I'd give it another B--a similar performance as the game at Purdue.  

A couple of observations:

Roby was definitely outmatched by Happ, but Roby also made a whole lot of GREAT defensive rotations.  He does so many little things.  Such a high IQ on both ends of the court.  

I am liking Taylor as a utility guy more and more.  I'm not sure how we're going to continue justifying keeping Gill and, to a lesser extent, Allen, off the court.  Gill is a good perimeter defender, so we're not losing anything there.  I also watched Allen last night and his defensive speed is starting to match his excellent athleticism.  He was close to a nice breakaway steal on a couple of occasions.  

It's pretty nice to put up a B-level performance and win conference games.  Once again, our depth and talent are winning games for us.  Hats off to Miles and staff for that.  A lot of people have said Wiscy is terrible this year.  I'll go out on a whim now and say they'll finish with a winning record in conference.  I don't think the cupboard is bare there.  They'll be a .500 team in conference (just like they are right now), so I think this was still a notable win.  

My favorite play of the game was Jordy's charge that wasn't a charge.  It sent the right message.  He looked mean last night--played angry and big and energized.  We need mean Jordy.  

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

Sorry atskooc, but the quote that appears to be attributed to me was actually made by another poster (I do have trouble inserting multiple quotes :Redface:)

My contribution to the conversation was just repeating an observation that I had seen elsewhere:  " If everyone leaves early at the same time, do they really beat traffic? " :Lol:  Quoted as being humorous (at least I thot so) rather than trying to disparage any fans.

Oh, I know. I simply quoted you because your post had some things I wanted to respond to. I wasn't specifically addressing you. 

We're cool. 

One thing I saw in this game that I loved was the defensive help & rotations. Since we were doubling Happ so often, guys had to fill the hole the player doubling down left. More often than not, when a Wisc player seemed open off of a pass out of a double, somebody would close out, and the same thing would happen if it was passed again. Something that can go relatively unnoticed, but is extremely important. Good work there from Miles and Co. to have the players ready for that.