2018 Husker Baseball

Bugeaters1

Defense A+ (I believe we had just one error and if that is correct, that is impressive - and I believe that was a throwing error.)

Pitching B- (need to stay consistent throughout entire rotation.)  We were good, especially for early season games.  We should be excited though.

Hitting D+ (with a batting average at the Mendoza line is never good)  I will give credit though because we did have some timely hits.

Intangibles B - A whole light is right with this team at first glance.  We need to improve exponentially. 

Edited by huskercwg

3 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Defense A+ (I believe we had just one error and if that is correct, that is impressive - and I believe that was a throwing error.)

Pitching B- (need to stay consistent throughout entire rotation.)  We were good, especially for early season games.  We should be excited though.

Hitting D+ (with a batting average at the Mendoza line is never good)  I will give credit though because we did have some timely hits.

Intangibles B - A whole light is right with this team at first glance.  We need to improve exponentially. 

4 minutes ago, jdostal said:

I don't mind it. The chances of Alvarado going up against Heimlich and getting a W were really slim. You are gonna find out a lot about these new arms against a really good lineup which will help you later in the season.

Yeah we could probably have thrown Chris Sale and still lost. Hopefully we can get a hit off Heimlich.

26 minutes ago, jdostal said:

I don't mind it. The chances of Alvarado going up against Heimlich and getting a W were really slim. You are gonna find out a lot about these new arms against a really good lineup which will help you later in the season.

I could be wrong but I doubt it was we didn't want to waste our best pitcher vs Heimlich.  Siliva is pretty strict in regards to keeping his pitchers on schedule.  So, it only makes sense that we now roll with our regular starting staff the rest of the weekend.