2018 Husker Baseball

Bugeaters1

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to 2018 Husker Baseball
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Gameday! Luis on the bump.

In other college baseball news, D1 baseball is now charging $9.99 for the season, just to freaking look at the scores from around the country. That pissed me off.  

That's one way to speed up the demise of a dying sport. They should really find other ways to lure people to their website to drive revenue, not shy people away from it.

32 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

That's one way to speed up the demise of a dying sport. They should really find other ways to lure people to their website to drive revenue, not shy people away from it.

They have easily the best baseball coverage as well. I understand paying for content, but freaking scores?! Not to mention the official NCAA website hasn't updated any scores from today. Warren Nolan scorebaord for the win (link below). #18 Oklahoma beats #17 Indiana 6-3.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2018/scores-live?type=Top 25&date=2018-2-16

Luis with 9 strikeouts in 4 2/3 innings, with only 1 walk.  It sounds like UC Riverside likes to swing the bat.  That might have been part of the reason for his success.   However, if he can get his stamina up to get into the 7th or 8th innings consistently, this team will be a force.

I haven't been following closely yet. Do we anticipate Luis to be able to pitch 7+ innings eventually? This is really important for a Friday night starter, to keep your bullpen fresh for the weekend. If we're going to be taking Luis out after 5 innings even during a solid outing, he should not be pitching on Friday. I would assume Darin is thinking about all of this :)

He only threw 69 pitches.  I'd imagine the more he learns to pace himself,  the more pitches he will be able to throw.  Yesterday, listening to the game, it sounded like he was getting a little tired.  He was struggling with his command in the 5th.  I believe more experience as a starter the more he can pitch.

If he threw 100 pitches, he would have gotten into the 7th inning.